Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 7 - Giants v Lions Sat July 18th 1:45pm AEST (GS) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Keep telling yourself that

By the way you didn’t answer my question.
In regards to the name change? That’s easy! it allowed us to expand our reach more through that growing western corridor. And without it we don’t have a deal with Ballarat or have that western Victorian zone. We also have our VFL affiliation keeping the original Footscray name. We now represent the entire western region.

In regards to the name change? That’s easy! it allowed us to expand our reach more through that growing western corridor. And without it we don’t have a deal with Ballarat or have that western Victorian zone. We also have our VFL affiliation keeping the original Footscray name. We now represent the entire western region.

Great answer as to why, but we already knew why. Money. Your traditional name was thrown away for money.

That wasn’t the question, the question was who made the decision. We all believe it was the board and focus groups but maybe you can tell us differently. Did the fans call for this?

Great answer as to why, but we already knew why. Money. Your traditional name was thrown away for money.

That wasn’t the question, the question was who made the decision. We all believe it was the board and focus groups but maybe you can tell us differently. Did the fans call for this?
I can’t answer that as I was only 4 years old when the name change happened. But it’s certainly turned out to be a fantastic decision for the footy club. No debt to speak of. We are the representatives of the western region. We’ve avoided any merger talks like clubs like North who have no base beyond a tiny geographical sliver of Melbourne. We still have our Footscray guernsey. We still call Whitten oval home. And we don’t have to sell games of football interstate to make money. Was a great decision.

I can’t answer that as I was only 4 years old when the name change happened. But it’s certainly turned out to be a fantastic decision for the footy club. No debt to speak of. We are the representatives of the western region. We’ve avoided any merger talks like clubs like North who have no base beyond a tiny geographical sliver of Melbourne. We still have our Footscray guernsey. We still call Whitten oval home. And we don’t have to sell games of football interstate to make money. Was a great decision.

Ok so you can’t answer. But you are happy the club chose coin over tradition considering the results.
Fair enough to. But amusing you call us plastic.

Ok so you can’t answer. But you are happy the club chose coin over tradition considering the results.
Fair enough to. But amusing you call us plastic.
Our name change was for survival. We are a resilient footy club. And nothing has changed about our footy club other than “western” instead of “Footscray” nothing plastic about that.

I'd give up responding to him/her, you'll never win against 40 odd chat room operators sitting in a sweat shop Bombay with nothing else to do but type in generic quotes supplied by the AFL's marketing people supporting the AFL's pretend team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And it's a straw man argument,post replied to said no duds not every player is great. Those three players are not duds. All very good players.

It’s entirely hyperbolic but they are role players. That said if they aren’t the standard of a dud, then they’ve aren’t any at AFL level.

Oscar averages 16 hit outs less than 7 disposals and less than half a goal a game.

McStay averages less than 9 disposals and less than a goal a game. 3.1 score involvements which is terrible by for a forward let alone one in a good outfit. That’s 222nd in the competition. If these guys were throwing up these numbers for Adelaide they’ed be dropped.

Gardiner is okay but he’s essentially a lock down player who offers little elsewhere. Fine but a dime a dozen. We have Ambrose whose practically the best lock down player in the game, doesn’t mean we couldn’t improve significantly on him.

Good news for them is plenty pretty of average players win premierships. As long as they can perform a role in a good system.

Last edited:
Wrong photo. That’s the one that decided on the name change for the dogs.

That's strange, you do sound familiar, didn't you call last week on an unlisted number trying to sell cheap electricity deals, next time remember to tell the others in the call centre to be quiet as the background noise of them trying to sell insurance and other items is a give away from the start.

That's strange, you do sound familiar, didn't you call last week on an unlisted number trying to sell cheap electricity deals, next time remember to tell the others in the call centre to be quiet as the background noise of them trying to sell insurance and other items is a give away from the start.

Still going? Acceptance is the beginning of heeling my friend.

Back