Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 8 - Port v Saints Sat July 25th 7:40pm AEST (AO) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Question to Port fans

When Membrey kicked that 'pele' goal and the field umpire called for a goal review WHY were the Port fans chanting bullsh*t?

Don't want a fairly umpired game for the opposition? Is that it? S.A and W.A fans are so used to one way traffic with the umpiring that anything that deviates from the norm and all anyone can hear is booooooooo. Now there were decisions like the out of bounds deliberate that sure was crap but poor umpiring for EVERY club except West Coast is the standard these days.

St Kilda has copped last nights umpiring for years, week after week and you don't see us crying our eyes out.
Not a Port fan but appeared to be because the point was signalled and it was a very late over rule by the field ump. And dead set I think it was because he saw the replay on the screen.
Personally don't care as the whole point of the review is to get the correct call

There's no doubt the umpires were atrocious (as usual), however St Kilda dominated that last quarter and clearly deserved to win, with or without the umpires. Port could barely get it over half way in that final quarter.
The ruck domination played a huge part.

40 hitouts to 16, and last I heard, 17 to advantage to 4- resulting in a 42 clearances to 30 smashing.

Lol at free kicks
They missed a couple and paid some stupid ones, like most weeks

Smashed in the middle, couldnt handle constant pressure, boak and gray did nothing and they missed goals
From a neutral. Port looked slightly better for 3 Q's but couldn't score due to their hard press with stkilda flooding back. Completely stuffed their scoring ability. Ratten used pace and guys like Hunter Clarke well so when they did win it they got it into a dangerous forward line and kept pace. Jumped out in the last and game over

says the supporter whose team gets to play every grand final at their home ground.
This doesn't make any sense. Are you enjoying footy the way it is? Well...I'm sure you're enjoying getting some wins but put that aside, do you like the game the way it is? I think it's awful. Predictable, arcade gameplay. I understand this is the best we will get during Covid but the game isn't the same.

I think Hinkley stuffed up by not giving Gray a go in the centre for an extended period.

When Freo had a terrible first quarter, they put Fyfe in the middle which helped them a lot.

Bear in mind that Ryder didn't play against Freo, and when Darcy went down, Lobb came in and beat Marshall.

This doesn't make any sense. Are you enjoying footy the way it is? Well...I'm sure you're enjoying getting some wins but put that aside, do you like the game the way it is? I think it's awful. Predictable, arcade gameplay. I understand this is the best we will get during Covid but the game isn't the same.

I loved the game last night. It was our first complete performance of the year, against a team that will probably finish top 4. Away from home. Hostile crowd.

I get you're jaded due to being drunk on premierships and now your team has checked out in 2020, but stop trying to bring others down.

You just sound salty.

What a read lol. This pafc_1870 guy always this salty??
Nah, just pointing out the typical flogs that only rock up when Port loses

Hey Bearded, still salty you got suspended? 😊

I think some Port fans should be asking why their team, after Dixon kicked a goal in the first 30 seconds of the 3rd, they could kick only one more for the game and donuts in the 4th.

This against a team who had to commute from the Sunshine Coast twice in 5 days.

I don't think umpiring is your main problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep... he turns nearly all the game day threads he posts on into an unreadable mess..

serial pest.
Yep. Comes into every Port thread when we lose.

Serial troll.

Where are you in the Crows thread?

Still salty I got you banned? Years later..... How. Sad.

Nah, just pointing out the typical flogs that only rock up when Port loses

Hey Bearded, still salty you got suspended? 😊
You bait and bait and bait people until they tell you to stop being a total flog... and then you run/report to the moderators claiming you’ve been hard done by..

and you have the audacity call everyone else trolls...

youre a sad little individual.. and I actually feel sorry for you at times.

I loved the game last night. It was our first complete performance of the year, against a team that will probably finish top 4. Away from home. Hostile crowd.

I get you're jaded due to being drunk on premierships and now your team has checked out in 2020, but stop trying to bring others down.

You just sound salty.
You Saints supporters are the worst to engage with in any meaningful discussion. But why? Goal umpires have more flags than your lot so where does the anger come from? Richmond are 6 prem points out of FIRST place. Checked out??? They nearly beat GWS whilst playing without 7 Premiership players. Tiges are going fine.

But back to the point, the game is not the same game. I dunt mind you disagreeing but stick to the topic. How do you explain almost no teams winning from behind after 3qtr time? That almost no team is coming back from a 3 or 4 goal deficit. Is this the game you want going forward???

You Saints supporters are the worst to engage with in any meaningful discussion. But why? Goal umpires have more flags than your lot so where does the anger come from? Richmond are 6 prem points out of FIRST place. Checked out??? They nearly beat GWS whilst playing without 7 Premiership players. Tiges are going fine.

But back to the point, the game is not the same game. I dunt mind you disagreeing but stick to the topic. How do you explain almost no teams winning from behind after 3qtr time? That almost no team is coming back from a 3 or 4 goal deficit. Is this the game you want going forward???

You have the gumption to claim St Kilda supporters struggle to engage in meaningful discussion, yet you go on to spout the AFL's equivalent of Godwin's Law in the very next sentence.

You're severely lacking insight into your own beliefs and behaviour.

There have been many, many instances of teams coming back from 3-4 goals down this season. See our games vs North and Freo as a couple of examples where it has been successful and our games against Carlton and Adelaide where it has not been successful.

The "no team has come back when behind at 3/4 time" stat is meaningless. It could very have easily been this happened 10 times, based on a few random chance events taking place. I'm not familiar with the stats on this issues, but I'd wager that there have been far more close games (as in games decided by less than two goals that were close until the end) this season than in previous seasons.

Robbie Gray missing after the siren against Carlton, Townsend kicking a goal at the death against Carlton, Adelaide kicking any of the plethora of missed opportunities in their last quarter against Essendon the other day, and you'd have seen 3 successful comebacks, with many other examples out there as well. How these games were decided had nothing to do with how the game is different this year and everything to do with individual brilliance/failure/random luck.

Last edited:
Correct you are madam, however in the morrow Fremantle will be successful and the power will still be ugly, the bogan inbred pariahs of Australia.
What year did You cluster f%$is come into the comp again? You haven't been good at at anytime for 30 years, you must be on ben cousins level drugs to be think you'll be any good : in the morrow"🤣

Back