Autopsy AFL 2022 Round 23 - Carlton v Collingwood Sun August 21st 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 8 6.1%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 39 29.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 37 28.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 9.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 7 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

This is STILL very much a development year for the Pies regardless.
Last weekend we fielded the 6th oldest team, and there's only a small window where we will have both Pendles and N Daicos in the same side. Not to mention the 11 game streak of winning very close games. We really need to make the most of this opportunity! Never know when it will come around again.

I mate not hate them as much as you, but trust me I still want to smash them by 7 points!!

Make no mistake there are 4 other teams that must not succeed:
  • Blose
  • Bomb outs
  • tuggers
  • september skiers
They're our mortal enemies and a threat to our alpha status. Natural balance must be restored.

Once we win our next flag it MUST be before any of these enemies. That is our purpose.

Be best in competition.

Last weekend we fielded the 6th oldest team, and there's only a small window where we will have both Pendles and N Daicos in the same side. Not to mention the 11 game streak of winning very close games. We really need to make the most of this opportunity! Never know when it will come around again.

We're the 6th oldest team on the back of guys like Pendles, Sides and Howe - nearly a 1000 games between em. Not to mention the age.

We have a very imbalanced list both in age demographic and positionally. It's pleasantly surprising we're playing this well.

System and culcha< ma friend

Yes I agree we need to make the most of this current opportunity as it will disappear quickly.

Need to flag this year or next, while we have the Pendles, Sides and Howe.

We're going to have 'pinch' one as we can't build a possible dynasty team thanks to the sh*tshow from the previous administration.

This should be a cracker of a game:

Talent versus system.

Look I get we do have some talent, however nowhere near the blose (or any other team in the finals).

This is STILL very much a development year for the Pies regardless.

I expect a close outcome, all depends on which wins system or talent.
They do have a very tasty list, their key forwards are elite, 2 superstar onballers, I think we have the better balance though, our shit kickers are better then theirs.

Yep, Pies bat down to #30, Blues bat to #12.
We’re apparently playing Calum Brown, I’ve watched him for ages man, he is as shit as they come, can’t kick 35 mtrs and when he has the ball you can tell he doesn’t want it, he’s a suburban footballer, how he gets games with us beggars belief, some have said they’d rather have 17 on the ground.
, if he plays ahead of Carmichael I will spew

Seasons end, both Browns to be delisted, let’s face it if their surname wasn’t Brown they wouldn’t even be here.

They do have a very tasty list, their key forwards are elite, 2 superstar onballers, I think we have the better balance though, our s**t kickers are better then theirs.
Sidebottom won you the game last time, must not have showered for a month prior cause no one wanted to go near him.

Sidebottom won you the game last time, must not have showered for a month prior cause no one wanted to go near him.
He’s as Wiley as they come, you have bigger problems than containing Sidebottom though, we have problems of our own too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Against the Dees we were the Mighty Ducks. Today, given that we will be cooking up the blues, please refer to us as the Collingwood Walter Whites.

View attachment 1485094

...tread lightly!
Against Sydney you were cooked ducks
giphy.gif

I've been thinking that too. There's a possibility that we might take a small step backwards next year. Because the output of older players will decrease and our younger players will still be a year or two away from hitting their prime. We're very close this year. With a bit of luck we could go all the way.

Do you have a big injury list? I don't recognise any names in your reserves side but maybe 2 today, who should I look out for?
Adams and Grundy are the senior boys out.

On the cusp, who’d be fighting for a senior spot and missing from today’s VFL side due to injury are Kruger, Wilson, McInnes and Dean.

If you’re going to watch for some of the Pies youngsters today, there’s Poulter, Begg, Henry, Bianco, T Brown, Carmichael, Kelly and Ruscoe who’ve all played senior footy but still developing.

Murley and McMahon are the only ones who haven’t debuted yet from our younger AFL listed players running around today.

Adams and Grundy are the senior boys out.

On the cusp, who’d be fighting for a senior spot and missing from today’s VFL side due to injury are Kruger, Wilson, McInnes and Dean.

If you’re going to watch for some of the Pies youngsters today, there’s Poulter, Begg, Henry, Bianco, T Brown, Carmichael, Kelly and Ruscoe who’ve all played senior footy but still developing.

Murley and McMahon are the only ones who haven’t debuted yet from our younger senior listed players running around today.
Cheers

Back