Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Demons v Crows Sun July 23rd 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Melbourne look scratchy yet again. To their credit they win the close ones.

There's really not much difference in the quality of sides 3rd through 13th compared to most seasons. Almost any side hitting form at the right time could make it to a prelim. Wouldn't be surprised if a side like Bulldogs or Geelong cause a straight sets exit for a side like Melbourne or Brisbane.
Its an interesting comment as the crows this year have lost to 1st by 1 point and 2 points, beaten 2nd at their home showdown, beaten 3rd and went down by 4 points to 4th. Thats not a bad effort for a side sitting 13th. Next year need to turn the number of close losses to wins

Adelaide screwed by the umpires when playing in Melbourne - What else is new? Pretty standard.
Mate the umpiring was extremely biased against us the last two times we played at your home ground. I remember the umps basically gifted you a win with a blatant deliberate out of bounds that they refused to call.

Mate the umpiring was extremely biased against us the last two times we played at your home ground. I remember the umps basically gifted you a win with a blatant deliberate out of bounds that they refused to call.
I think you need to watch that replay again. How can it be deliberate if it came off your player?

As much as you want to believe that two bad umpiring performances makes it ok, it doesn't. The sooner we stop accepting incredibly bad umpiring as just part of the game the sooner the AFL will fix it.

Currently the AFL underinvest in umpiring because it doesn't bring a return on investment, noone is going to buy an umpire top or whatever and people still turn up in droves so why would they care?

All you see is week in week out the team that gets the rub dismisses it as sour grapes and yet 7 days later when they have the opposite it's royal commission time. Football fans should unite on the issue but tribalism always seems to win the day.

This isn't a go at the umpiring, it's a go at the AFL who cannot seem bring themselves to professionalise it - the only way to increase standards.

I agree with you, umpiring across the board is massively skewed towards the home side and it’s completely unacceptable. They’re are very well paid, they should have the mental strength to not get sucked in by a big crowd.

Adelaide screwed by the umpires when playing in Melbourne - What else is new? Pretty standard.
I guess it kind of makes up for the free ride they get in Adelaide, yeah?

It's hilarious how bitter non Crows interstate fans (esp Lions and Freo) are taking this loss worse than Adelaide supporters (most of whom rightfully and sensibly) pointing their woeful goal kicking woes as to why they lost.

🎶 Every Heart beats true 🎶
Whats more hilarious is how you Viccos claim GF day is unbiased when a Vic club plays one of us because none of you want an opposition Vic club to win yet you spend all season cheering for your fellow Vic clubs against us.

Adel 16 vs GWS 19 (-3)
Adel 22 vs NM 15 (+7)
Adel 29 cs WCE 19 (+10)
Adel 16 vs Bris 21 (-5)
Adel 14 vs St Kilda 18 (-4)
Adel 28 v Coll 18 (+10)
Adel 22 v Carlton 22 (0)
Adel 22 v Freo 28 (-6)
Adel 20 v Rich 16 (+4)

Overall +13 = 1.44 free kicks better per game.

Ahead in 4, behind in 4 and equal 1.

2 of those games vs the bottom sides where you'd normally expect a healthy free kick count victory due to sheer weight of possession.

Please continue to tell me how we get a ride At home.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We had an incredible run with the umpiring at the Pies game at AO earlier this year, but I’m struggling to think of many other occasions where we’ve come out ahead at any venue.

In fact it’s so uncommon the feedback from those around me at that match was “what is going on?”

Back