Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Demons v Hawks Sun Aug 20th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hawks aren’t super young either.

Of course the top possession players tend to be the older more experienced players. Melbourne's average age was 26 years 2 months vs 23 years 8 months. More telling, 120 games vs 70 games experience. More than half our best 22 had less than 50 games, versus only 5 of yours. 17 of our best 22 had less than 100 games. You were behind for a reasonable amount of time in a game that was important to lock in your top 4 spot, and a dead rubber for us. You were a goal in front part way through the last. Either we're tracking reasonably well for an inexperienced list or you're not that good, take your pick.

Good to see Josh Scache bob up and get a game. Degenerate Goody must be getting desperate to be trialing him this late in the season. Interesting.

Funny, Goodwin crackin the shits coz Finn kept Clayton to 14 odd disposals… worry about your own game campaigner.

I wouldn't be worried about anything that degenerate says. Finn played an excellent game.

Haha imagine calling Goody a degenerate, especially when you follow a team who’s coach has been in a fair bit of hot water this year.

Haha imagine calling Goody a degenerate, especially when you follow a team who’s coach has been in a fair bit of hot water this year.

Degenerate Goody partakes in the big three of degeneracy though, allegedly of course. Bit of a running gag in AFL circles I'm told.

A simple "Thanks for keeping our club around" would suffice.

I also like how you have to cast your 5.5 year streak as "winless" for us instead of being able to say you've beaten us for 5 years in a row. The draw kind of messes up your streak a little doesn't it? You've got a 3 game winning streak against us, hardly anything to use as the cornerstone for a forum taunt is it? Also, your 3 win streak with maximum margin of 54 points hardly makes up for our recent 13 game winning streak over you, including two 100+ point margins. Then there was the 21 streak margin spanning over 10 years from 73 to 84. All within my lifetime. You need to go back to WWII for a 100+ point win of Melbourne over Hawthorn. If I was having trouble sleeping I could always cry myself to sleep with memories of the 88 grand final.

Not only do you owe us your club, we've owned your club on-field for the vast majority of my lifetime. Since we turned things around financially after the merger, we also own you off-field. A few years since our last flag, and bottom 4 vs Melbourne's top 4, and we still have more members, and a lot more assets. Against that background, trading barbs on your 3 win streak isn't going to have much impact I'm afraid.
So many words. So little winning.

Here, educate yourself:

The important quotes from your "evidence":

"Melbourne, Australia's oldest football club, has voted to merge with Hawthorn."

"But the proposed union was still in doubt early this morning with the Hawks' anti-merger group, Operation Payback, confident it had the numbers to scuttle the union."

"The pro-merger Melbourne board won the vote 4679 (52.5 per cent) to 4229 (47.5 per cent)"

The fact that the majority of the passionate Melbourne members that turned up to the Dallas Brooks hall meeting were against the merger is irrelevant. Those that stayed at home and voted by proxy were in favour enough to make it a majority decision in favour of merging. Face facts, your members voted yes on the merger. Nobody can deny this. Hawthorn members saved both clubs. You're welcome.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Degenerate Goody partakes in the big three of degeneracy though, allegedly of course. Bit of a running gag in AFL circles I'm told.
Atleast he’s not a racist. Premiership coach aswell, they don’t grow on trees.

Fixed that for you to summarise the last 60 years of Melbourne's history.
game of thrones drama GIF by Up Top Agency, LLC

To be fair, living in the present for Hawkies is pretty rough.

How old were the players who actually did anything of note?
Every side has core players over 25 that they rely on most weeks, but not every side has 12 with less than 50 games.

To say Hawthorn weren’t that young is idiotic.

Back