Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Demons v Crows Sun July 23rd 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait, the Crows lost because of #VICBIAS!?

:D

funny cats GIF

Not now, it still hurts.

The sooner you realise you support the most hateable team in the league with the biggest AFL cronyism support incl. umpires the better. Might help you develop some humility.

it’s never been a national comp and sadly this isn’t going to change anytime soon
Why so much hate?

I love Fremantle!

They keep giving Melbourne wonderful draft picks.

Or are Fremantle part of the cronyism? It’s all starting to make sense :think:

It's hilarious how bitter non Crows interstate fans (esp Lions and Freo) are taking this loss worse than Adelaide supporters (most of whom rightfully and sensibly) pointing their woeful goal kicking woes as to why they lost.

🎶 Every Heart beats true 🎶

Few weeks ago Channel 7 were all "out of respect we're not going to show a replay of this incident" after an injury.
Rankine tears a hammy, and the replay is followed by slow motion footage of him crying on the sidelines.

Not sure if #VICBIAS or not but it was strange.

Being serious, if there was some semblance of balance on these threads perhaps they wouldn’t descend into rubbish.

Those who take it down an idiotic path deserve everything they cop back.

There were several debatable umpiring calls that went the Crows’ way and there was zero comment.

Every Melbourne thread is full of this crap from the same ‘neutral’ suspects. I guess that’s the jealousy that comes the way of a recent premier.

That was a fascinating read the last few pages. Demons the better side, Crows inaccuracies cost them a chance to steal one.

Gotta be 4-5 goals better at the MCG, Lions weren’t and neither were the Crows.

Dees are looking like the only team who can take down Collingwood for me.

Being serious, if there was some semblance of balance on these threads perhaps they wouldn’t descend into rubbish.

There were several debatable umpiring calls that went the Crows’ way and there was zero comment.

Every Melbourne thread is full of this crap from the same ‘neutral’ suspects. I guess that’s the jealousy that comes the way of a recent premier.

welcome to the Demons version of the Bulldog matchday experience

welcome to the Demons version of the Bulldog matchday experience
Unfortunately it’s not a ‘welcome’, it’s been this way since mid 2021.

It used to be a gaggle of West Coast supporters but I can only assume they died of shame only to be replaced by Brisbane, Freo and the occasional Tigers cooker.

Is it the same supporter groups for the Bulldogs?

I understand the supporters of the opposing team being totally biased. Happens to the best of us when we have a dog in the fight.

Mate, let's be real here, there is going to be whinging on every thread (and there is), it isn't a Melbourne only thing.

You can choose to ignore (or put on ignore) those posts but instead you chose to just exacerbate the very situation you now claim to dislike.

Melbourne won the free kick count by nearly double and they picked up some very handy decisions just after Crows pulled level. That's low hanging fruit for most people, just ride out the comments instead of playing into them. It's also ok to acknowledge your team is getting the rub ( it doesn't invalidate your team's performance- see my post earlier congratulating them on the work they did early in the match to set up the win). It is possible to acknowledge when your team earns a soft free. For example, I can acknowledge that Hately was playing for high frees (not that he got them), as I'm sure you will accept that the Viney free kick was god awful.

Gameday threads are always going to 'descend' into umpiring debates, it's just the easy target in a code that is over officiated and full of stupidly hard to adjudicate 'interpretations'.

But I find it a bit odd that you would seek to try and call for better in gameday threads after some of the 'sore winning' you did today. Just ignore it and if you want your version of balanced discussion you are best off spending your time on your own boards gameday threads.

The sooner you realise you support the most hateable team in the league with the biggest AFL cronyism support incl. umpires the better. Might help you develop some humility.

it’s never been a national comp and sadly this isn’t going to change anytime soon
Most Australians want Victoria to leave Australia - then again they need to change the corrupt system first - in both

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate, let's be real here, there is going to be whinging on every thread (and there is), it isn't a Melbourne only thing.

You can choose to ignore (or put on ignore) those posts but instead you chose to just exacerbate the very situation you now claim to dislike.

Melbourne won the free kick count by nearly double and they picked up some very handy decisions just after Crows pulled level. That's low hanging fruit for most people, just ride out the comments instead of playing into them. It's also ok to acknowledge your team is getting the rub ( it doesn't invalidate your team's performance- see my post earlier congratulating them on the work they did early in the match to set up the win). It is possible to acknowledge when your team earns a soft free. For example, I can acknowledge that Hately was playing for high frees (not that he got them), as I'm sure you will accept that the Viney free kick was god awful.

Gameday threads are always going to 'descend' into umpiring debates, it's just the easy target in a code that is over officiated and full of stupidly hard to adjudicate 'interpretations'.

But I find it a bit odd that you would seek to try and call for better in gameday threads after some of the 'sore winning' you did today. Just ignore it and if you want your version of balanced discussion you are best off spending your time on your own boards gameday threads.
Thanks for the chat dad.

Perhaps take your own advice?

Adelaide will come back with desperation, but late game mistakes will cost them.

Melbourne by 5 points.

Everyone expected a thrashing. I did not. I truly believed we had a chance at winning this one and if not for some shocking goal kicking we may have caused one of the biggest upsets of the season.

I knew all week the outcome would be like this. 3 points, 4 points, 5 points. It was 4.

Wasn't a bad game, wasn't a s**t game.

Melbourne were far better on the day. Personally happy to see a few young fellas get a crack. Think with a little time they can be legit contributors.

Don't watch many Melbourne games.

I was surprised when I realised Hunter plays like Selwood though, just not as good.

Wasn't a bad game, wasn't a s**t game.

Melbourne were far better on the day. Personally happy to see a few young fellas get a crack. Think with a little time they can be legit contributors.

Don't watch many Melbourne games.

I was surprised when I realised Hunter plays like Selwood though, just not as good.
In what way were Melbourne far better? Most stats were quite even and the Crows were ahead on scoring shots for quite a bit of it. Had no issue dominating forward half possession for decent chunks right throughout the game. It was a great contest and that was reflected by the margin.

In what way were Melbourne far better? Most stats were quite even and the Crows were ahead on scoring shots for quite a bit of it. Had no issue dominating forward half possession for decent chunks right throughout the game. It was a great contest and that was reflected by the margin.
Scoreboard

Back