Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 23 - Demons v Hawks Sun Aug 20th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 26.7%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 6.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Proxies not counted, members locked out of voting. Historical facts.

Yes, unsubstantiated Trumpesque claims from the minority anti-merger Melbourne group. Of course they are going to try to cast doubt on the vote. Note that the passionate members of each club that actually made it inside the vote meetings still showed Hawthorn were much more against the merger than Melbourne fans, with 90% against vs 75% against. Be happy that Hawthorn members saved both our clubs.

Stopped reading here.
It's a fact that anti-merger supporters were locked out of the building where the vote took place and votes weren't counted.

I don't even care about the merger anyway? It's ancient history. I didn't even follow football then.
You may as well troll me about Ron Barrassi joining North Melbourne.

Kozzie Pickett has pulled off one of the greatest heists in AFL history. He’s signed up to 2027, right?

Today… 5 disposals, 5 turnovers, 2 tackles, no contribution to the score and a heap of fruitless launches at marks that had no hope of being landed. Would get better contributions from a headless chook.

Fun fact. There are children going into grade 1 next year who have not experienced the Hawks beating Melbourne in their lifetime.
Fun fact. I have seen Hawthorn win so many bloody flags since 1976 it is ridiculous. They are coming hard at the competition again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know, your coach is though

Nah I don't think so little sting sting. My biggest concern for Melb now is the degeneracy rubbing off on the players. Like Clarry's 20 week 'calf'.

What about Zorko’s 30 year sh*t bloke situation rubbing off on his teammates?

Making Petty cry on prime time national television was top shelf comedy gold. Still makes me smile thinking about it.

Funny GIF

Hawks knew they couldn’t go head to head on talent. Smart coaching by Mitchell, but not great to watch.

They relied on a 32 year old Bruest for half their scoring.

The Hawks aren’t super young either.

Here are the ages of the top six disposal winners for each team.

24, 28, 25, 28, 28, 26

22, 29, 27, 27, 32, 28
There were 3 teams under the average age of 25 on the weekend. North were 10 days under it. The other 2 were Freo and Hawthorn and they were both well under 24

There was an average 2.5 years between the teams yesterday. Was also the youngest team we played all year

Yes, unsubstantiated Trumpesque claims from the minority anti-merger Melbourne group. Of course they are going to try to cast doubt on the vote. Note that the passionate members of each club that actually made it inside the vote meetings still showed Hawthorn were much more against the merger than Melbourne fans, with 90% against vs 75% against. Be happy that Hawthorn members saved both our clubs.

I was there that night, i don't care what any nuffie tries to claim, thousands were locked out of the Melbourne venue.

But how pathetic is it for someone to still hold onto this, ffs, grow up

Making Petty cry on prime time national television was top shelf comedy gold. Still makes me smile thinking about it.

Funny GIF

Smile like watching Fagan's past come back to haunt him?

No matter what the investigation found it he will always be linked to it. What a club Brisbane must be, to be so proud of your coach with his history

Smile like watching Fagan's past come back to haunt him?

No matter what the investigation found it he will always be linked to it. What a club Brisbane must be, to be so proud of your coach with his history

Oof didn’t take much for you to lose your nerve. What a light weight!

Back