Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Tigers v Demons Sun July 30th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Tigers by a lot

• Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

my take on that game:
1. James Jordon was worth 4 goals to the Tigers. Who else have we got?
2. ANB had a terrible 1st quarter, I forgive him because he was pretty good after that.
3. JVR and Petty, together they look dangerous. It hurts me to say it but I reckon that Melksham, JVR and Petty are as good as we will get.
4. Chandler was woeful. Jordon was woeful.
5. Where were our two wingers in the first half?
6. Can we have Smith for a full game to see how he goes? I loved his last quarter.

This. Yes… YES!

Is this true?
100%

Literally shat under their seat and kept on watching the game, it wasn’t even a close one, Dees were a few goals up in the first half.

People cleared out quicker than Carlton supporters do when they’re four down at 3/4 time.

Just trying to help.

You’re having a mare in here mate.
You know, I used to be just like you.

I'd go on every forum and just talk trash and deliberately bait others. Nothing was off limits. I just wanted to be a pain to others and hopefully get under their skin. I'd never really know if it was working or not. Just like you are probably unsure.

After a number of infractions and seeing how others genuinely didn't like having me around I finally got it. What the hell was I doing? Why put my energy into such a base thing? I still go off my head but it's at the umpires and only really on Richmond game day threads. I never go after anyone anymore unless they target me.

You know what you do and why do it. You should change your ways instead trying to spread misery. There are a quite a few on here that do the same to a very high level. Try to remove yourself from that list.

I'd go on every forum and just talk trash and deliberately bait others. Nothing was off limits. I just wanted to be a pain to others and hopefully get under their skin. I'd never really know if it was working or not. Just like you are probably unsure.

After a number of infractions and seeing how others genuinely didn't like having me around I finally got it. What the hell was I doing? Why put my energy into such a base thing? I still go off my head but it's at the umpires and only really on Richmond game day threads. I never go after anyone anymore unless they target me.

You know what you do and why do it. You should change your ways instead trying to spread misery. There are a quite a few on here that do the same to a very high level. Try to remove yourself from that list.
tldr?

That's an interesting take as I've seen you as one of the more prickly types going round.
Clearly I misread you

Yes

Yes they are
I think they're probably just saying that some of the decisions were bewildering and I would say out of context from the way the game in general was umpired. The umpiring for most the game was great because they let a lot go - and it was a great game to watch because of that - but then they just decide to pull some things from their arse just because the free count was low and they felt it was time to blow their whistle. Like I said earlier Melbourne deserved to win but some of their dumb decisions can alter the momentum of the game and it was purely to satisfy their ego.

That's an interesting take as I've seen you as one of the more prickly types going round.
Clearly I misread you
I used to be much worse. I use the forums to let out my frustrations because I have a family and none of them are any the wiser when the games on. But I don't target people in forums when my team isn't playing and I don't target supporters of the losing team because footy is an emotional game and targeting and baiting is a very low thing to do especially because you have no idea what your needling might be doing at the other end.

I remember reading on here years ago one bloke who found footy really tricky to enjoy because his own dad became a nightmare whenever his team lost. That's sobering stuff. I'd hate it if some dumb thing I said to someone emotionally invested in the game caused them to lose it and take it out on their family or something.

That is the reality of the online world. It's not a matter just sucking it up. People are getting affected by online stupidity.

I used to be much worse. I use the forums to let out my frustrations because I have a family and none of them are any the wiser when the games on. But I don't target people in forums when my team isn't playing and I don't target supporters of the losing team because footy is an emotional game and targeting and baiting is a very low thing to do especially because you have no idea what your needling might be doing at the other end.

I remember reading on here years ago one bloke who found footy really tricky to enjoy because his own dad became a nightmare whenever his team lost. That's sobering stuff. I'd hate it if some dumb thing I said to someone emotionally invested in the game caused them to lose it and take it out on their family or something.

That is the reality of the online world. It's not a matter just sucking it up. People are getting affected by online stupidity.
Thanks for posting that

I think I like you I can enjoy the banter most times with the odd sharp barb but reality it's just a game. And to put you at ease, I've never gone to bed at night with mixed up anger at comments made by Black Saab

Thanks for posting that

I think I like you I can enjoy the banter most times with the odd sharp barb but reality it's just a game. And to put you at ease, I've never gone to bed at night with mixed up anger at comments made by Black Saab
Haha thanks mate. I still have lots of work to do but at least I'm no longer entering other teams forums after a loss or other game day threads and hassling other people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And there was the guy who said: "Hey mate somebody left a big lump of peanut butter underneath my seat."

That's a cool story - does anyone outside of this forum believe you?
I don't really care.

Truth is, as much as I wish I was blessed with creativity, it is sadly beyond the realms of my imagination to make up something so outrageous.

"Happened right in front of me!!!!"

We really tightened up defensively in the second half. Tigers are is decent form to. And Dusty was being Dusty.
Loved the forward set up. We have possibly found the mix. Although Fritsch still to come in. Some really exciting prospects with JVR and Petty who’s a know commodity down back.
We just outworked Richmond in the end. We were running on top of the ground in the end and they couldn’t keep up. Gawn was massive in the second half. The recruitment of Grundy will cost him a 7th AA.

I think they're probably just saying that some of the decisions were bewildering and I would say out of context from the way the game in general was umpired. The umpiring for most the game was great because they let a lot go - and it was a great game to watch because of that - but then they just decide to pull some things from their arse just because the free count was low and they felt it was time to blow their whistle. Like I said earlier Melbourne deserved to win but some of their dumb decisions can alter the momentum of the game and it was purely to satisfy their ego.
I commented at half time how good the umpiring was because you didn’t notice them. If they are not going to pay htb that’s fine just be consistent. The thing is the last quarter they just decided to pay a heap of bullshit decisions straight out of their arse. Like you said Melbourne deserved the win and smashed us when it counted but some of those decisions were totally bewildering.

If you can't see the momentum swing right after Tarranto got paid that BS holding the ball free you're an idiot.
That was holding the ball all day long. All the holding the ball calls in the last were correct. The umpires put the whistle away most of the day, I guess you don't want to hear about the man handling Gawn copped with no frees, twice leading directly to Richmond goals. Plenty more instances I could refer back to as well.

Melbourne were the better side, for longer. Class won out. The sooking from Tigers supporters at the ground and on here is quite pathetic.

Last edited:
That was holding the ball all day long. All the going the ball calls in the last were correct. The umpires put the whistle away most of the day, I guess you don't want to hear about the man handling Gawn copped with no frees, twice leading directly to Richmond goals. Plenty more instances I could refer back to as well.

Melbourne were the better side, for longer. Class won out. The sooking from Tigers supporters at the ground and on here is quite pathetic.
Richmond are pretty much the footy equivalent of the English cricket team (as mentioned before). They always think that the world is against them and that every match is fixed.

Was really enjoying that game and it was because the umpires were not involved at all until nearly half time - it was a great game of footy - but then the umpires realised they weren't involved and went and fkd it up

Half time free kicks Rich 8-Melb 2 - so "not involved" means paying frees to Richmond and not the opposition. You guys are hilarious.

What Melbourne did really well was handle the intensity of the game and stay in touch. They never fell off or stopped.

Back