Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Tigers v Demons Sun July 30th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Tigers by a lot

• Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond-vs-Melbourne.png

10th v 4th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 20
RICHMOND V MELBOURNE
SUNDAY JULY 30TH 3:20PM EST (M.C.G.)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams
TIGERS

B: N.Balta, D.Grimes - C, T.Young
HB: N.Vlastuin, N.Broad, D.Rioli
C: K.McIntosh, T.Taranto, J.Ross
HF: J.Graham, J.Hopper, L.Baker
FOLL: I.Soldo, D.Prestia, S.Bolton

I/C (FROM): S.Banks, B.Miller, T.Cotchin, R.Mansell, M.Coulthard, N.Cumberland, J.Short, S.Ryan

In: N.Cumberland, J.Short, S.Ryan
Out: None

DEMONS
B: T.Rivers, S.May, J.Lever
HB: C.Salem, A.Tomlinson, J.Bowey
C: L.Hunter, J.Viney, E.Langdon
HF: K.Chandler, J.Melksham, J.Jordon
F: A.Neal-Bullen, J.van Rooyen, K.Pickett
FOLL: M.Gawn - C, A.Brayshaw, C.Petracca

I/C (FROM): J.Harmes, C.Spargo, M.Hibberd, J.Smith, H.Petty, T.Woewodin, J.McVee, B.Grundy

In: J.Harmes, C.Spargo, M.Hibberd, H.Petty, B.Grundy
Out: T.Sparrow (Injured), B.Brown (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
I know we only just beat Hawthorn, but they played some damn good footy. We get a chance to reset and go again now.

The Anzac eve encounter was close and could've easily gone our way if not for a few close misses and a coaching blunder to take Miller off. Oliver being out helps us as he always kills us. Should be another close one.

Think it will be a good contest. The Demons are a clear level above who we've played recently, so will be good to see if McQualter can get us to rise to the challenge. We failed to do that against the Lions, so hopefully there's some learnings taken from that and we can bring our best, which we will need to, as the Demons are a top quality outfit.

Gawn, Lever and May are our biggest worries. McQualter better have a plan for Lever and May outside of just playing our normal style, because intercept defenders are killing our long hopeful bomb forward entries at the moment and we will barely score against Melbourne if we take that approach.

I’m more confident this week than I was against the hawks. Their fwd line is impotent and no Oliver is a HUGE blow for them. May will be distracted every time he runs past someone drinking a beer and I could really see this one getting ugly for the hapless demons.

I’m more confident this week than I was against the hawks. Their fwd line is impotent and no Oliver is a HUGE blow for them. May will be distracted every time he runs past someone drinking a beer and I could really see this one getting ugly for the hapless demons.
Yeh much the same, would want to play better to beat em.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No one has been writing about it fawning over (rightly) the Daicos kids etc. But just quietly Melbourne has Salem back in form (didn't play last time), Rivers, McVee and Hibbo available. This means we have a surplus of fast rebounding half-backs, and we're going to torch sides in the run home as teams get serious about the finals. In fact I think it was the Richmond game when I thought we'd found a player in McVee. Richmond will be road kill with this rebound run, Richmond has also stuffed up it's wings with the Pickett forward experiment, I trust Langdon and (to a lesser extent with his Hollywood kicks) Hunter to win wide and while no Oliver is a drag we are not a Geelong that relies on a Danger type to make it happen, we have totally covered his absence in the mdifield (Any tigers fans remember how the 2023 Checker Hughes player likes to play against you lot?? seen his last couple of weeks??). May wasn't great on Sunday but he doesn't play too many bad games in a row, and the reassuring thing for me was he was still moving well, so some non injury factor that will hopefully be right next week. Taylor pushing him off the ball will have him furious and angry. Tigers should be happy if they play and run 80% as much as Adelaide did on Sunday.

4 goal victory, with a strong chance of a blow out. Viney to give Tigers supporters PTSD.

No one has been writing about it fawning over (rightly) the Daicos kids etc. But just quietly Melbourne has Salem back in form (didn't play last time), Rivers, McVee and Hibbo available. This means we have a surplus of fast rebounding half-backs, and we're going to torch sides in the run home as teams get serious about the finals. In fact I think it was the Richmond game when I thought we'd found a player in McVee. Richmond will be road kill with this rebound run, Richmond has also stuffed up it's wings with the Pickett forward experiment, I trust Langdon and (to a lesser extent with his Hollywood kicks) Hunter to win wide and while no Oliver is a drag we are not a Geelong that relies on a Danger type to make it happen, we have totally covered his absence in the mdifield (Any tigers fans remember how the 2023 Checker Hughes player likes to play against you lot?? seen his last couple of weeks??). May wasn't great on Sunday but he doesn't play too many bad games in a row, and the reassuring thing for me was he was still moving well, so some non injury factor that will hopefully be right next week. Taylor pushing him off the ball will have him furious and angry. Tigers should be happy if they play and run 80% as much as Adelaide did on Sunday.

4 goal victory, with a strong chance of a blow out. Viney to give Tigers supporters PTSD.
We didn't have a Nank or Soldo which meant Balta had to chop out in the ruck which is when Van Rooyen piped up in the last quarter to seal the game. As well as Broad, Ross or Graham plus Rioli did a hammy.

Ross has stepped into Picketts role on the wing and been great so not sure why you think they've stuffed up there. He is better than Pickett. Hunter and Langdon are hardly going to give us night terrors.

Yes I remember when Viney won the medal when Taranto was clearly better and got 9 or 10 votes and BOG from the coaches from memory...

We didn't have a Nank or Soldo which meant Balta had to chop out in the ruck which is when Van Rooyen piped up in the last quarter to seal the game. As well as Broad, Ross or Graham plus Rioli did a hammy.

Ross has stepped into Picketts role on the wing and been great so not sure why you think they've stuffed up there. He is better than Pickett. Hunter and Langdon are hardly going to give us night terrors.

Yes I remember when Viney won the medal when Taranto was clearly better and got 9 or 10 votes and BOG from the coaches from memory...
Viney should be glad Stack is not playing with us anymore lol. Taranto in for a big game this week.

Will be happy if we’re competitive.

Have a feeling Melbourne will go for the jugular.

Expect Gawn and May to absolutely dominate, and Richmond to look lost coming out of their back half.

Edit: good test for Mini and has tactical capabilities

Viney should be glad Stack is not playing with us anymore lol. Taranto in for a big game this week.
Because he bumped him over when he wasn't looking once?

And Viney jumped straight back up unhurt?

He really wasn't

He really wasn't
Of course he was -
Taranto - 33 disposals/16 contested, 6 marks, 10 tackles, 10 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 0 goals, 6 clearances, 4 center clearances, 407 meters gained.
Viney - 30 disposals/8 contested, 6 marks, 2 tackles, 7 score involvements, 1 goal assist, 1 goal, 5 clearances, 3 center clearances, 318 meters gained.

Taranto had a game high or equal game high disposals, contested possessions, score involvements, clearances, center clearances, tackles and pressure acts. Yes Viney got the award handed out by media nuffies but we know match awards rarely go to the losing team. Coaches votes are always the best guide, of which he got 9, Viney got 6.

It's really not up for debate.

Stack got Viney no doubt, as I remember Viney stood up afterwards. Taranto is silk for sure, but for steel Viney has all your side covered. He rag dolled Rance IIRC before that campaigner quit on you lot. Taranto needs an enormous game to get up.

Back