Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 20 - Tigers v Demons Sun July 30th 3:20pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • Tigers by a lot

• Demons by a lot

Votes: 10 26.3%
  • Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

What do you want boy? Some ice cream? Go away
I'm not the one throwing a tantrum that a player on my team was correctly pinged HTB after diving for a free.

That Taranto free kick was a pretty clear free kick, he had prior opportunity.

The Hopper HTB and the earlier 50m penalty he gave away were a bit rough.

My issue with the Taranto free is they pinged him for no attempt.

Nearly every time a Dees mid was pinged, they either let the ball go to drop it, or just took the tackle, neither are attempts to get rid of the ball and none of them got pinged for it.

It's dodgy af when they pull out a free out of nowhere that was let go for 70% of the game up until that point and then they don't pay it again afterwards.

I've been frustrated by Daniher's diving since he came to the club, and I've expressed that in the past.

I assume you feel the same way about this guy who plays for your club:

images

I'm not the one throwing a tantrum that a player on my team was correctly pinged HTB after diving for a free.
Are you in love with me Bonce? This ain't the way to woo me. Come up with a new strategy. Take a leaf out of the umpires book in today's game and get the momentum going in your favour.

My issue with the Taranto free is they pinged him for no attempt.

Nearly every time a Dees mid was pinged, they either let the ball go to drop it, or just took the tackle, neither are attempts to get rid of the ball and none of them got pinged for it.

It's dodgy af when they pull out a free out of nowhere that was let go for 70% of the game up until that point and then they don't pay it again afterwards.

I think holding the ball for prior opportunity would be a reasonable call (which doesn't need no genuine attempt for a free to be paid). I can't remember what the umpire said though.

I've been frustrated by Daniher's diving since he came to the club, and I've expressed that in the past.

I assume you feel the same way about this guy who plays for your club:

images
Are you as equally frustrated with Neale, McLuggage, Hipwood and Zorko being serial divers?
Special mention to Charlie Cameron too 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember when Cotchin sniped a bloke in a prelim and the AFL bent over backwards to give him a pass?

You're still miles ahead in the umpiring/MRO tally.

C'mon Bonce. You're better than this...

Shiel contest with Cotchin happened with 14:32 left on the clock in the first quarter.

Shiel played on AND kicked the VERY next goal of the game.

Shiel played the entirety of the 1st quarter and was involved in another heavy collision with Astbury with 10 seconds left of the quarter.

So, IF Cotchin DID concuss/snipe Shiel in that hit as you claim and Shiel played on afterwards:

1: The giants did not conduct a concussion test which is a mandatory 20 minute wait time. Shiel was on the field earlier than 20 minutes so no HIA was performed.

This means that:

1: The Giants doctors felt he was right to play.

2: The Giants doctors did a preliminary test, ignored Shiel's results and sent him back on to play.

3: The doctors did not wait long enough to observe any delayed onset symptoms which put Shiel at even more risk.

Or

4: The concussion happened after the hit with Astbury (after which point he was subbed out at quarter time.).

The first 3 are gross negligence grounds against the GWS doctors.

But number 4 is the most likely scenario.

I think holding the ball for prior opportunity would be a reasonable call (which doesn't need no genuine attempt for a free to be paid). I can't remember what the umpire said though.

Umpire said Taranto didn't make a genuine attempt. He never said it was due to prior opportunity.

No one is saying that. You can't negate that you got one free ride, so you resort to strawman arguments. Enjoy the gift. They need you top 4 for finals.

Except we didn't, you Tigers supporters always play victim because you watch the game with one eye.

You played well but the better team stepped up when the game was there to be won.

Nice deflecting :thumbsu:.

You'll never get a straight answer out of Cats fans, mate. They'll always deflect.

Like when they point out another player has pushed one of theirs in the back but go eerily silent and ignore when you raise Hawkins has probably kicked 350 goals pushing his opponents in the back and out of contests.

Are you in love with me Bonce? This ain't the way to woo me. Come up with a new strategy. Take a leaf out of the umpires book in today's game and get the momentum going in your favour.
You keep replying. :)

The free against Broad was joke clearly high regardless if he tried put his arm up.

But Dees beat us well in the end not going to complain too much about the umpiring.
Raised his arm and dropp
People should know that Richmond never lose, it's always the umpires and the AFL.
Yeah it used to be Stephen Hocking but not sure who is pulling the AFL strings these days 🤔

Back