Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Port v Demons Fri May 19th 7:50pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 7 7.5%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Port deserved to win. But the umpiring was a disgrace. Both of Ollie Lords goals were simply not there. The first one wasn't 15m and the 2nd one hit the ground. I think we can agree on that. And then the Petracca holding the ball decision that lead to the Rozee sealer. That's 3 goals before we even start. Finlayson flopping on Van Rooyen was 4 goals. A 4 goal head start is a big head start in the wet. I think the only debatable one is the Finlayson one.
1684502448325.gif

Youā€™ve gotta get on board mate.
The players and supporters at the ground have bought into Kenā€™s way big time.
Ken has the players, thatā€™s undeniable and Koch would be smart to understand that ā€¦

Do you really think ken has found the magic formula in year 11?
He's on the boundary because tredrea had a crack at him, he'd still be chugging coke zeros in the box otherwise

He kicked 2 goals in game 4 against a triple AA backline. What a stud.
He hadn't kicked any goals when selected before Georgiades though right? Wasn't it his debut when chosen before Georgiades?

Regarding Ollie Lord kicking 2*. Do you think his first mark went 15m? Do you think he didn't drop the 2nd mark which lead to his 2nd goal? They were both clear umpiring mistakes. So he got 2 goals gifted for playing in front. Ultimately, that was the difference.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do you really think ken has found the magic formula in year 11?
He's on the boundary because tredrea had a crack at him, he'd still be chugging coke zeros in the box otherwise

People said the same about Chris Scott before last season.
Kenā€™s got the players, thatā€™s everything in todayā€™s game and Koch should know it ā€¦

He hadn't kicked any goals when selected before Georgiades though right? Wasn't it his debut when chosen before Georgiades?

Regarding Ollie Lord kicking 2*. Do you think his first mark went 15m? Do you think he didn't drop the 2nd mark which lead to his 2nd goal? They were both clear umpiring mistakes. So he got 2 goals gifted for playing in front. Ultimately, that was the difference.

I reckon there were about 3-4 goals min to Melbourne that were a result of umpiring decisions. The 15m rule was brought in to stop 7.5m kicks being paid. 13-14.5m kicks get paid all the time. It was somewhere in that range. I am sure there were 5-10 paid in that range on the night. I never saw a replay that showed a ball hit the ground on the 2nd mark. the FTA showed a replay that was the same angle as the live feed so it showed a slight bobble with Lord's body obstructing the view of the mark.

Yep, according to Danny Boy, everyone is a flopper unless they play for Melbourne.

They would have had about 5 players sin binned if we were playing rugby. Swinging arm tackles to the head. 'Oh look, 77kg Butters is soft because he didn't stand up to 90kg blokes punching him in the head'.

Going to be paid every time. But you will notice he (JHF) had no intention of keeping his feet, he was looking for the contact and was on his way to landing on his chest. It's a pretty common tactic across the league.

You'd think if it was as common as you say, maybe the tackler shouldn't be throwing a swinging arm at him.

Rozee kicks the goal but it's the pick up and quick hands from Horne-Francis that wins it
Nah. The first 3 quarters from Butters do. Best on the ground by the length of the Flemington straight. Could make a case for him to get the 2 and 1 vote as well he was that good.

Grundy and gawn plus petracca and Oliver were supposed to be the ruck mid combination that was going to win every clearance right?

Well that didn't happen.

Our forward line can't kick a winning score with he players that are out

Well they did.

So we beat the no 2 team with no ruck and 3 forwards to come back plus an inside mid to return.

We haven't even hit peak yet

Port played well but I don't know how their supporters can deny they didn't get an absolute ride from the umpires in the last quarter.

I can't understand how that was a holding the ball free kick against Petracca that led to the matchwinning goal to Rozee, it should have been a ball up.

The umpires were playing to the crowd and paying crowd pleasing free kicks that either weren't there or soft free kicks that should have been play on.

Like Melbourne didn't get a complete ride in the third quarter

I'd be fuming if I were a Demons fan.

Trac legitimately disposes and gets HTB leading to goal.

Lever not getting the double 50 that is black and white in the rulebook.

Oh well, they can't get that sort of service every week.

No way lever should've received a double 50 because he chose to deliberately run behind Ollie Lord.

Port played well but I don't know how their supporters can deny they didn't get an absolute ride from the umpires in the last quarter.

I can't understand how that was a holding the ball free kick against Petracca that led to the matchwinning goal to Rozee, it should have been a ball up.

The umpires were playing to the crowd and paying crowd pleasing free kicks that either weren't there or soft free kicks that should have been play on.
And Melbourne got the same favourable treatment early in the game when Port were on top. The umpiring was pathetic right across the night. Both sides got the benefit of it at different times during the night. What won Port the game was their younger players standing up when their moment came. Couldn't say the same for quite a few Melbourne players.

Back