Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Pies v North Sun May 28th 3:20pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 4.1%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • North by a lot

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mine isn't a troll though, I am an advocate of getting rid of the tough guy crap in footy due to the issues we see at a local level. I've seen blokes lose out financially and medically due to someone else trying to act tough.

You don't have to agree, but it's an issue I believe is worthy of keeping in the spotlight.

Belittle me and disagree with me but don't mislabel me a troll.

You are actually in every gameday thread for pies calling him a thug and a faux tough guy. Youre a troll lol , "dont mislabel" spare me

Ben Mckay

needed to be better than that

You are actually in every gameday thread for pies calling him a thug and a faux tough guy. Youre a troll lol , "dont mislabel" spare me

I consistently call out a player who is always the third man in, flaring up spotfires, yes.

Its the third man in doing non-football act stuff that escalates things that end up with someone getting hit.

Maynard doesn't punch which is great (you'd be dumb to in the AFL) but he glorifies the escalation and that is what kids grow up seeing.

I hadnt seen him do it this week so I haven't said anything about him. I facetiously brought it up when someone called me a regular troll but I havent levelled tje accusations at him.

End of.

I consistently call out a player who is always the third man in, flaring up spotfires, yes.

Its the third man in doing non-football act stuff that escalates things that end up with someone getting hit.

Maynard doesn't punch which is great (you'd be dumb to in the AFL) but he glorifies the escalation and that is what kids grow up seeing.

I hadnt seen him do it this week so I haven't said anything about him. I facetiously brought it up when someone called me a regular troll but I havent levelled tje accusations at him.

End of.

You label him as flaring the situation, when all he does is fly the flag when one of the pies players is being roughed up.

You have a bad case of " dont blame the person that starts it Just the one that chimes in after its started"

Naicos especially has copped treatment , Maynard goes in. Pendlebury even goes in.

Poor excuse by you to mask your personal hatred for him week in week out

You label him as flaring the situation, when all he does is fly the flag when one of the pies players is being roughed up.

You have a bad case of " dont blame the person that starts it Just the one that chimes in after its started"

Naicos especially has copped treatment , Maynard goes in. Pendlebury even goes in.

Poor excuse by you to mask your personal hatred for him week in week out
He goes and gets in peoples faces. Like I've said previously, I've seen blokes' livelihoods suffer as a result of this thuggery which isn't a football act and the more we keep glorifying it as 'flying the flag' the more we will see it manifest in violence at the lower level.
I'm not having a crack at you, you are defending your own, I get it. But before concussion became a thing we had people glorifying horrific head hits as just part of the game or toughness. Coming in third man isn't a footy act. End of.

Bailey Scott turning into a very good player and having a very good season. His old man was an underrated footballer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He goes and gets in peoples faces. Like I've said previously, I've seen blokes' livelihoods suffer as a result of this thuggery which isn't a football act and the more we keep glorifying it as 'flying the flag' the more we will see it manifest in violence at the lower level.
I'm not having a crack at you, you are defending your own, I get it. But before concussion became a thing we had people glorifying horrific head hits as just part of the game or toughness. Coming in third man isn't a footy act. End of.

It's hardly thuggery though is it. You're putting some mayo on it.

End of.
Make a thread about it.

Make a thread about it.

The ones that are more dangerous is the Gaffs of the world. Thankfully there isnt a lot of those. Jumper holding and shoving isnt punching. Get a grip

If you want to tug at that thread , watch the Naicos treatment almost every game. None of it is reportable , but no different to what you think Maynard is doing

Ben Mckay

needed to be better than that
You were probably referring to a single incident, but this comment is best applied to his overall performance.

He was the only major disappointment for me that game.

Congrats to the Pies.

There was also a lot to like for a long suffering North fan. A gameplan with integrity and a team that believes in itself is finally starting to appear.

You were probably referring to a single incident, but this comment is best applied to his overall performance.

He was the only major disappointment for me that game.

Congrats to the Pies.

There was also a lot to like for a long suffering North fan. A gameplan with integrity and a team that believes in itself is finally starting to appear.
Yes it was the marking contest where he led Cox to the ball but Cox still out marked him from behind leaning foward over Mckay
not a great look

Can’t be too upset by that. Our kids showed a bit against a quality opponent and premiership threat. A few players not up to it though.

Very pleased by Ford, Phillips, Scott, Larkey and Logue. Just outclassed and lacked polish.

Back