Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 13 - Blues v Bombers Sun June 11th 7:15pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.9%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.6%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 15.8%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 32 42.1%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Bombers by a lot

Votes: 15 19.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Well to be fair.

We were up on Collingwood and got overrun when our KPD went down Injured.

We lost to Port in Adelaide by under a goal when once again one of our KPD got concussed.

And we beat Melbourne.
And you got your arse kicked by St Kilda at the MCG with all their KPF out.

Blues shouldn't have brought in Ed to tag Merrett. Should've backed in your midfield to win the contest and bring in someone who was more worthy. But instead they showed us no respect around the ground and put all of their cards into a spud.
Crazy Vossy for you. Tag Merret and not back your midfield. Laughable

Journalist: “How does it feel for your players to be booed by your supporters at the end? It was pretty clear”
Voss: “I didn’t hear it”.

So not so clear hey?
He is a Liar !! Voss was Booing along with the supporters

I went to the game with 3 Carlton supporting friends only because they drove and paid for my drinks last night
Dropped me off at home and came inside for a coffee.

I was the only happy person there
My God SOS has screwed that list up with slow ploddersand injury prone hacks on big $$$
Now they have Crazy Vossy things will get even more interesting

Gold Coast would ve very confident next round

Essendon look very well managed to me. Just a good honest footballing side. Brad taking the longview like he did at the Kangaroos. Their system enables development and gets full purchase from the 22 and squad fringe/bottom 6, also gives a new lease of life to a twilight ex-mid like Heppell. They aren't seriously contending in 2022, not really putting opponents away, but they are setting themselves up for some finals continuity and have a handful of mercurial types who (when the time is right) with a timely gameplan point of difference from some genius assistant plus a few destination trade-in top-ups could monster a future September.

The most courageous thing Carlton could do right now is rebuild. It's a tough sell when you've been out of finals for a decade, but realistically the fanbase won't be satisfied with another finals stint which taps out at W1/2, which is about their capacity. They must concede on this current squad makeup being a contender. They have a couple names which they should trade in NOW, reverse Crazy Vossy style. After a misfiring season like this they have the mandate to step back and find the blessing in disguise and get their next flag assault dead right. Their current forward unit smarts are woeful, the I50 finishing pathetic. McKay is regaining confidence and the returning J.Martin is in a similar boat, Curnow gets them out of jail occasionally, but as a collective it feels clueless and outdated, unable to play the percentages through multiple avenues to goal, or at least lock it in there. Coaching from the boundary in some circumstances can also a bit of a sign of weakness to me, a gameday pretender, and that disparity with Brad Scott today was apparent. Essendon will get overwhelmed by several sides, but the fundamentals are in place and you get consistent output. They were just waiting for the Blues to self-destruct. Once Carlton's forward forays grew dispirited and a few matchups changed, they eventually hit a patch of winning clearances and got off the leash enough to ice the contest. I still have my doubts about Brad Scott as a coach, but he'll get them to being a finals regular again and the progressions that come with that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have learnt three things the hard way this season:
1: I thought we had a club that was on the right track - we dont
2: I thought we had coaching staff that knew what they were doing - we dont
3: I thought we had the cattle - we dont

Terrible effort and performance one after another - losing almost doesnt hurt anymore
other clubs make us look silly - other supporters almost pity us
Blues fans - be prepared for many long fruitless miserable winters

This is bad and will get worse

Blues still rely too much on Cripps and Curnow to play well, when their form drops so does the whole team. Their small forward group is the worst in the competition

Before all you Blues supporters get too down:
It can take only 1 or 2 great on field leaders to start a turnaround.
It is the first ingredient of success and should be the target of your recruiting and coaching staff.
You may only be a coach and 1 or 2 players away from continual improvement.

Anyone but me think Cash Converters knew exactly what they were doing when they approached Patrick Cripps, a used up asset with little to no residual value to sponsor their brand

Its as on-point a sponsorship as ive ever seen

Huge kudos to the Cash Converters marketing team. If I was Carlton id get them involved in the recruitment team

Back