Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Dogs v Freo Sat July 1st 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs, on the other hand, should make it. One of the easier runs home and only need 4 of their last 8.
Dogs are locked in for Top 8, their draw means they can also challenge for Top 4. Massive game against the Pies next week.
Not sure the draw is as easy as people claim. Sure, there's WC in there, but Hawks in Tassie can be a banana peel, but there's also Sydney in Sydney, Geelong in Geelong, Collingwood, an Essendon side that is capable of ANYTHING, and who the * knows what GWS and Richmond could be doing by the time we play them.

I'm not pencilling in s**t, especially with how inconsistent we are.

Agree to disagree. I rewound and watched it again. He had a couple steps in between tackles. Clean dropped it when brayshaw grabbed him. That’s clear enough for me. If that’s not for you maybe jump ship and support another sport
You need to get out more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure the draw is as easy as people claim. Sure, there's WC in there, but Hawks in Tassie can be a banana peel, but there's also Sydney in Sydney, Geelong in Geelong, Collingwood, an Essendon side that is capable of ANYTHING, and who the * knows what GWS and Richmond could be doing by the time we play them.

I'm not pencilling in s**t, especially with how inconsistent we are.
Yep, 5 danger games there, but not sure the Giants would pose much threat at Ballarat. Have they played there before? Tigers game is at Marvel, too, and they’re cactus there.

But you’re right, the Dogs have been inconsistent, can’t see you winning less than three of your last eight because you don’t lose too many in a row but I suppose 3 out of 8 and missing the finals by 2-4 pts is still possible.

Yep, 5 danger games there, but not sure the Giants would pose much threat at Ballarat. Have they played there before? Tigers game is at Marvel, too, and they’re cactus there.

But you’re right, the Dogs have been inconsistent, can’t see you winning less than three of your last eight because you don’t lose too many in a row but I suppose 3 out of 8 and missing the finals by 2-4 pts is still possible.

Shouldn't be a lot of threat, but the rivalry means they always put in that little bit extra effort.

Tigers are a different beast without Hardwick (both good and bad), don't know how much the Marvel thing will be an issue under McQualter. Reckon that was a mindset thing passed on from Dimma.

Theoreotically we should beat GWS, Tigers, Hawks and West Coast to secure a spot, and PROBABLY should be too good for Sydney and Essendon, but "theoretically" is an odd thing.

Theoreotically Communism is a good thing.

Don’t recall us playing Giants at Ballarat, and yes we should be strong favourites there. There’s no excuse now to not play finals, there are a few banana skin games but overall it’s a pretty benign run home. If we can’t win four of them then we’ve got no right being in finals anyway.

The bigger question is whether or not we can mix it with the top four teams come September. I wouldn’t have thought so, but if we get Jones, JJ and Richards back there’s a chance I suppose. I just think our defensive setup will be exposed by good teams and I’m not sure we have the scoring power to live with them. Next week will be an interesting test in prime time against arguably the best team in the comp right now.

Lot of angst over the Lobb free kick. Read the Laws Of AFL Football (18.5.2 (e) and it states that it must be a genuine attempt to mark or spoil - just flicking the fingers is neither of those things.

Always easier to blame the umpires for a loss than your own team's play - all of us have been guilty of it though.

I was surprised it was the flaky Bulldogs that was the team to break the "bye" curse.

Lol dogs fans imagine thinking the umpires didn't give you all the momentum when freo was up by 2
2pts. Your biggest lead all game was 6 points and you were in front for less than 9 mins all game. And there was the 15-14 free kick count but yeah, umps totally made you lose 😏

BTW- Amiss is a great get - going to be a star.

Lot of angst over the Lobb free kick. Read the Laws Of AFL Football (18.5.2 (e) and it states that it must be a genuine attempt to mark or spoil - just flicking the fingers is neither of those things.

Always easier to blame the umpires for a loss than your own team's play - all of us have been guilty of it though.

I was surprised it was the flaky Bulldogs that was the team to break the "bye" curse.

Was a free everyday, went early, put Lobb out of the contest, off balance - needs more than just flicking your fingers on an outstretched arm to be a "genuine attempt".

Back