Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Crows v North Sat July 1st 1:45pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • North by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • North by 7 - 20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 27 73.0%
  • North by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide-vs-North-Melbourne.png

8th v 17th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
ADELAIDE V NORTH MELBOURNE
SATURDAY JULY 1ST 1:45PM (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

CROWS

B: B.Smith, J.Butts, N.Murray
HB: M.Hinge, M.Michalanney, W.Milera
C: C.Jones, J.Dawson - C, N.McHenry
HF: J.Rachele, D.Fogarty, L.Pedlar
F: L.Murphy, T.Walker, I.Rankine
FOLL: R.O’Brien, R.Laird, B.Keays

I/C: J.Worrell, J.Soligo, R.Thilthorpe, R.Sloane
EMG: H.Schoenberg, L.Sholl, E.Himmelberg, L.Gollant

In: None
Out: L.Sholl (Omitted)

KANGAROOS
B: A.Corr, G.Logue, B.McKay
HB: M.Bergman, D.Tucker, L.McDonald
C: E.Ford, L.Davies-Uniacke, B.Scott
HF: J.Simpkin - C, C.Coleman-Jones, J.Stephenson
F: C.Zurhaar, N.Larkey, T.Thomas
FOLL: T.Goldstein, H.Sheezel, G.Wardlaw

I/C: L.Shiels, P.Curtis, W.Phillips, J.Ziebell
EMG: P.Spicer, H.Greenwood, C.Harvey, F.Perez

In: D.Tucker, L.Davies-Uniacke
Out: P.Spicer (Omitted), T.Powell (Injured), H.Greenwood (Omitted)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Crows by 70 points.
+1

Should have beaten the premiership favourites in hostile territory on the weekend just gone. Back at home against a lowly team coming off the bye… all signs point to a mauling.

North have never won at Adelaide Oval either, which is surprising as they weren't rubbish between 2013 and 2019.
Not all that surprising.

Port generally play them in Hobart and Adelaide, with the exception of 2020-22, are generally pretty solid at home.

Not all that surprising.

Port generally play them in Hobart and Adelaide, with the exception of 2020-22, are generally pretty solid at home.
Not sure what relevance where the away game is played has? But I think it is somewhat surprising as it has been 10 years now and I assume most, if not all other teams in the competition have won at Adelaide Oval.

North from about 2013-2019 were a competitive mid-table, fairly regular finals side. Not winning at Adelaide Oval once during that time when they would've won in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney etc is an outlier.

Funnily enough North's best chance was last season against Adelaide. Should've been 5 or 6 goals at half time (LDU had his best half of football) and weren't and Adelaide got the better of them in the second half.

Anyway, it's not a record being broken this week.

The not winning in Adelaide since 2003 is quite incredible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North have never won at Adelaide Oval either, which is surprising as they weren't rubbish between 2013 and 2019.
Neither were Port/Adelaide though

hippyhippy post: 79828421 said:
Pretty sure north was also rubbish during that period... Actually north still rubbish .. crows seemed to have slightly improved

North played 2x prelims in that period...

I remember
North played 2x prelims in that period...
The same period where crows got to a grand final and that 1 season where north could not finish a game and lost so many after being far in front ... Crazy times. That 1 north crows game where north were up by like 30 with less than 10 to play and still lost...

Crows and north have had some memorable games

I remember

The same period where crows got to a grand final and that 1 season where north could not finish a game and lost so many after being far in front ... Crazy times. That 1 north crows game where north were up by like 30 with less than 10 to play and still lost...

Crows and north have had some memorable games

The Brad Scott era was insane. North would go from randomly beating the team on top of the ladder to losing a 30 point lead to 18th the next week lol

Not sure what relevance where the away game is played has? But I think it is somewhat surprising as it has been 10 years now and I assume most, if not all other teams in the competition have won at Adelaide Oval.

North from about 2013-2019 were a competitive mid-table, fairly regular finals side. Not winning at Adelaide Oval once during that time when they would've won in Perth, Brisbane, Sydney etc is an outlier.

Funnily enough North's best chance was last season against Adelaide. Should've been 5 or 6 goals at half time (LDU had his best half of football) and weren't and Adelaide got the better of them in the second half.

Anyway, it's not a record being broken this week.

The not winning in Adelaide since 2003 is quite incredible.
You have assumed it is an even draw.

North and Port have only played twice at Adelaide Oval, being 2017 and 2019. Adelaide. Because this fixture is I. Hobart and there is generally not return fixture.

And 2020, the year Adelaide won the spoon, was Covid affected. North lost to Melbourne at Adelaide Oval (one of those random non-hub games).

So it’s isn’t that surprising, as Adelaide play the oval well and with the exception of the last couple of years, have been pretty consistent performers.

Back