Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Dogs v Freo Sat July 1st 1:45pm AEST (Marvel)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.2%
  • Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 23.9%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dogs are locked in for Top 8, their draw means they can also challenge for Top 4. Massive game against the Pies next week.
Dogs beat the Pies at Marvel last year, it wouldn't shock me if they did it again. If it were at the MCG, I think Collingwood would beat them but at Marvel I feel it's almost a 50-50.

Jackson and Young both quiet today. They are two players who both need to play good games for us to have a chance. One is a big avenue to goal. The other is just a good kick to get us out of our back half. We struggled in both those areas. It was 50:50 for 3/4 of the game. First ten minutes of the first and last twenty minutes of the last was all dogs. And they were really on

I only thought the Lobb free was sus, although at the most pivotal time as well. The rest were there or honestly not that sketchy.

Dogs dominated the clearances once the game tied up. They showed all game they had an extra gear that Freo couldn't match but also a gear the Dogs couldn't sustain for long. That'll be the question on the Dogs going into the finals, can they sustain their best for long enough against the best teams?

Jackson and Young both quiet today. They are two players who both need to play good games for us to have a chance. One is a big avenue to goal. The other is just a good kick to get us out of our back half. We struggled in both those areas. It was 50:50 for 3/4 of the game. First ten minutes of the first and last twenty minutes of the last was all dogs. And they were really on

I prefer to call them Young and Jackson.

Lol dogs fans imagine thinking the umpires didn't give you all the momentum when freo was up by 2
That single free kick sapped so much momentum out of Fremantle, not only was it responsible for the next 6 goals but I'd also expect the side to go winless for the rest of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well that's funny.... Because this dockers men's side got 15 wins 1 draw and 6 defeats from 22 games last season

But we are in the 2023 season Mr Maniac and Freo is going to miss finals.

Shouldn't have delisted Mundy. Would have been one of Freo's best this year!

Really don't care if freo lose just want to watch a fair game ,umpires just destroyed the game

I know it's customary in these situations to prove how "not upset" you are, but opening with "I don't care if my team loses" feels a bit of a reach.

Another 28 years and Freo might just get there buddy. Hang in there.
Been just as long for Carlton champ, so I suggest you maybe back off. At least Freo have challenged a few time - Carlton have barely made finals for 20 plus years. Talk about Pot meeting Kettle!

Been just as long for Carlton champ, so I suggest you maybe back off. At least Freo have challenged a few time - Carlton have barely made finals for 20 plus years. Talk about Pot meeting Kettle!

It’s okay to change your team to Freo. I won’t bully you for it.

Last quarter was disappointing, Freo went to water. The got the rough end of the umpiring pineapple but there was a lot of standing around expecting someone else to do the hard work.

A lot of umpire bashing, but zero mention of the very obvious Henry holding the ball miss straight in front of Dogs goal, or Schultz getting caught and then blatantly throwing it on the wing.

Strange.
You haven't factored in the momentum element.

Back