Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Eagles v Demons Sun April 9th 5:20pm AEST/3:20pm WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 56 77.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If you had lost seven of your premiership players in a week and had to play one of the flag favourites I suspect you would struggle too.

This is one of those games that it is hard to take much from.
Eagles are being valiant but are getting thumped.
Demons are a class above and are winning comfortably but look like they are in second gear. Doing what needs to be done .
The other poster was trying to claim this has been close except for a couple of things. It just hasn’t. Eagles are very fortunate it hasn’t ended up pushing 100 points.

what a day

Nicolas Cage Someone GIF

The other poster was trying to claim this has been close except for a couple of things. It just hasn’t. Eagles are very fortunate it hasn’t ended up pushing 100 points.
It’s been as close as relatively possible given the fortune of both sides over the last week. The fact it isn’t 100 and was within 4 goals for more than half the game is a huge indictment on a side that is supposedly one of the favourites for the flag

It’s been as close as relatively possible given the fortune of both sides over the last week. The fact it isn’t 100 and was within 4 goals for more than half the game is a huge indictment on a side that is supposedly one of the favourites for the flag
Yep, huge indictment. Slid past with 63 point win. Your boys got a right spanking by a team in cruise mode.

I saw it for the best part of a decade on the other side.

Just accept it.

Yep, huge indictment. Slid past with 63 point win. Your boys got a right spanking by a team in cruise mode.

Just accept it.
Must have been watching a different game then because we made you blokes work for 2 and a half quarters and were only let down by disposal until our legs went late. It’s hilariously arrogant to suggest your guys were cruising for the whole game

Just accept it.
100%
Plenty of training drill plays and trying different things.
You can't expect any AFL team to just come out and not give an initial effort, and eagles certainly did that, which would explain why it was a 11 goal win and not 16 like the nong who suggested we have issues based on this game..
But dees cruised to an easy victory, and as Grundy alluded to, they were already thinking about the flight home after banking a 10 goal win and getting out of the 1970s

Must have been watching a different game then because we made you blokes work for 2 and a half quarters and were only let down by disposal until our legs went late. It’s hilariously arrogant to suggest your guys were cruising for the whole game
Unfortunately for West Coast the game goes for four quarters.

When Melbourne were as woeful as West Coast are now they’d often hang about for a bit, be down by 15 at half time, then fold in a heap in the second half to lose by 11 goals.

Or be down by 50 half way through the second term then guts it out for a 65 point loss.

It was all false hope.

Tim Kelly BOG

Are you ok? Really. I'm a bit worried for you. When you lose by ten goals at home by a team that only got out of third gear for a couple of minutes, then the only thing you can take away from it is that is you tried hard in trying circumstances, and that wasn't close to enough to worry us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After being battered physically last week? Against supposedly the fittest team in the league? This should have been 100+ (and was last season) and the fact it was within 4 goals for 70 minutes is a huge positive for us and reflects very poorly on the Dees
Probably is 100pts if Kosi kicks straight.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think West Coast deserve some credit for still trying to play a positive attacking game style, instead of some super-defensive flood-y keepings-off rubbish just to limit the scoreboard damage.

But that meant they got killed on turnovers....Melbourne got some absolute dollies due to facing basically no defence at times.

Unfortunately for West Coast the game goes for four quarters.

When Melbourne were as woeful as West Coast are now they’d often hang about for a bit, be down by 15 at half time, then fold in a heap in the second half to lose by 11 goals.

Or be down by 50 half way through the second term then guts it out for a 65 point loss.

It was all false hope.
Difference is you guys bred a culture of losing and tanking so it was expected. We had 7 blokes out there with less than 20 games under their belts and they still held their own against a flag favourite until their legs went late on (which is also partly due to last weeks carnage).

Bright future ahead based on today and the previous 3 weeks, nothing like the Melbourne’s and Carlton’s of the world who need 20 years and multiple wooden spoons to turn things around

I think West Coast deserve some credit for still trying to play a positive attacking game style, instead of some super-defensive flood-y keepings-off rubbish just to limit the scoreboard damage.

But that meant they got killed on turnovers....Melbourne got some absolute dollies due to facing basically no defence at times.
I agree. I think most players would know they left their all out there. West Coast are too proud a club to ever be down for long. There are many things you can't control in a game, but effort isn't one of them

Are you ok? Really. I'm a bit worried for you. When you lose by ten goals at home by a team that only got out of third gear for a couple of minutes, then the only thing you can take away from it is that is you tried hard in trying circumstances, and that wasn't close to enough to worry us.
3 consecutive behinds to start the second half that could have brought it to within 2 or 3 goals. The game was definitely still up for grabs despite the copium you’re feeding yourself by saying your blokes barely tried. Pushed them all the way for 2 and a half quarters after a rough week. All you can ask for and as a Dees fans I’d be annoyed at that performance

It will be a tough year for the Eagles but if they keep having a crack and testing their depth and kids it wont be a wasted year.

3 consecutive behinds to start the second half that could have brought it to within 2 or 3 goals. The game was definitely still up for grabs despite the copium you’re feeding yourself by saying your blokes barely tried. Pushed them all the way for 2 and a half quarters after a rough week. All you can ask for and as a Dees fans I’d be annoyed at that performance
I'm not. I'm happy. We doubled your score over there while looking very scrappy. Tbh I really don't care how much you think you got out of the game, or how we should be feeling. We banked the points, got a % boost and won't have to play in front of your feral supporters again this year. Win win win.

I'm not. I'm happy. We doubled your score over there while looking very scrappy. Tbh I really don't care how much you think you got out of the game, or how we should be feeling. We banked the points, got a % boost and won't have to play in front of your feral supporters again this year. Win win win.
As arrogant as your players. We shall see come the pointy end of the year because that’s not a side I see contending for anything based on todays effort

That is a 100 point loss if you don't play 18 men behind the ball for the 2nd half

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Difference is you guys bred a culture of losing and tanking so it was expected. We had 7 blokes out there with less than 20 games under their belts and they still held their own against a flag favourite until their legs went late on (which is also partly due to last weeks carnage).

Bright future ahead based on today and the previous 3 weeks, nothing like the Melbourne’s and Carlton’s of the world who need 20 years and multiple wooden spoons to turn things around

Ok. Have fun with that bright future. If you believe that was ‘holding their own’, good for you.

West Coast have always had an amazing culture. Aside from the rampant drug culture, the complaining about hubs, and the thumbing of their noses at COVID protocols to instead go clubbing.

I’m sure that wonderful culture will see them through this minor blip just fine.

Once all those injury prone late 20s and early 30s players are back it will all right itself.

As arrogant as your players. We shall see come the pointy end of the year because that’s not a side I see contending for anything based on todays effort
I do believe you know quite a bit about teams incapable of contending for anything. You do watch the Eagles each week after all.

Back