Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 8 - Tigers v Eagles Sat May 6th 1:45pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • Eagles by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Eagles by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 6.0%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 24 48.0%
  • Eagles by a lot

Votes: 8 16.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I am struggling to watch this game the skills from both teams is deplorable it's benny hill non stop!

This will probably be the worst game of the year, Richmond are appalling in front of goal and we just lack any quality.

Some dogs breakfast decisions against both sides throughout that quarter (a couple iffy intents & head highs, that Bolton mark on the goal line). That delayed siren lack of time-on at the end there felt like the final insult, glad it didn't go off during Waterman's kick.

Fun contest though, its not boring. It's an interesting matchup. Tiges just a little more wily with more attacking organisation with the Eagles standing off a bit (Eagles just keep getting burned on the rebound every week, particularly since the Demons game). Inaccuracy kept us in the quarter but we probably deserved to concede a late goal though.

Felt like a couple Eagle mids got a bit of a knock in the second there. Cooler conditions and lots of rough and tumble from any direction.

I am struggling to watch this game the skills from both teams is deplorable it's benny hill non stop!
I don't mind it from an Eagles perspective. Haven't watched the Tiges much this year and their style is a little different to most other sides we've faced. Plus a cool MCG game in a few week patch where we have a chance. Whereas for the Tigers it might be more frustrating, understandable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At the rate we're going our coaches might have to take to the field soon. Our side in these conditions, already without Culley, a lot of niggles, next week's teamsheet won't be pretty.

Remember going to a game between these two in 2018 and it was the best game I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been to hundreds maybe a thousand.
And here we are 5 years later and it’s the worst I’ve been to, I’m on my phone FFS!
Just shows enjoy it in the moment and I’m glad I did.
Not sure I would choose an 8 goal flogging as the best game I've attended, but you do you 🤣

Wrong year buddy, 2018 is ours. 2019 is yours.

Oscar Allen is a very good footballer.

Back