Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 11 - Walyalup (Freo) v Pies Fri May 24th 6:10pm WST/8:10pm AEST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Just reading the Pies are sending an extra large squad over, including players we thought are injured. This without doubt proves flying is the largest advantage of all. Well played. Pies by 4 Harley Reid's.

oh goody.

Collingwood to win the fk count then

On average, how many comments would you guess you make about the umpires every week? And will you be watching this match on high alert for umpiring decisions you disagree with, taking to the internet to express your outrage as if it is anything but the mundane norm? Maybe this is the week you stop overreacting and learn to accept it as you would a bad bounce or similar. The disappointment of decisions against your side should fade away almost as quickly as the game moves on to the next passage of play (from a proportionate emotional response perspective, having surely been desensitized enough by now not to fixate and obsess over it in a state of high distress).

On average, how many comments would you guess you make about the umpires every week? And will you be watching this match on high alert for umpiring decisions you disagree with, taking to the internet to express your outrage as if it is anything but the mundane norm? Maybe this is the week you stop overreacting and learn to accept it as you would a bad bounce or similar. The disappointment of decisions against your side should fade away almost as quickly as the game moves on to the next passage of play (from a proportionate emotional response perspective, having surely been desensitized enough by now not to fixate and obsess over it in a state of high distress).

Whatever you say, CakeEater is no Plugger.

Whatever you say, CakeEater is no Plugger.
If you say so, I couldn't tell you a single username on here if I wasn't looking at the screen I don't think. The person I replied to just sounded like the type to engage in umpiring decision hysterics every single week. I take it Plugger has achieved a reputation as the most prolific complainer on a high traffic internet forum full of complaints?! How tragic!

Hey mate, thanks for your question.

As an ex umpire, i get frustrated more by the inconsistency between the explanations given to us and the intepretations given by expierenced umpires like Nicholls, Stevic et al.

I also watch the game and get bemused and comment accordingly on bad decisions by umps which benefit both sides which you will probably see tomorrow.

Hey mate, thanks for your question.

As an ex umpire, i get frustrated more by the inconsistency between the explanations given to us and the intepretations given by expierenced umpires like Nicholls, Stevic et al.

I also watch the game and get bemused and comment accordingly on bad decisions by umps which benefit both sides which you will probably see tomorrow.

Shit, that's actually quite the valid reason for umpire watching, while at the same time making it even worse than I imagined ;) jokes. I filled in for a primary school football game as umpire once having zero experience besides playing the sport, it was harder than playing my first senior game against what were at the time very intimidating grown men as a 15 yr old. Would have thought being an umpire would make you more sympathetic, I'm shocked they can get as much right as they do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few posts in here from Freo posters with a fair bit of pre game pessimism.

I say unwarranted.

I'd argue this is in the home teams favour,

-It's at home
-If Freo get their kicking boots on, like that Amiss kid usually does then that's game.

Yeah I know the Pies were expected to drop off given the amount of outs, and they haven't and the system has stood up.

But Freo aren't a WC or Adelaide, I'd say they're a step above, so it's not a fait accompli that the pies system will just carry on its merry way.

I reckon we're up against it here.

I'm going to the game, I'll pop into the Camfield around 4 ish for a beer or two. I'll be wearing a Pies 2023 premiers t shirt grey and a black and white flanny.

If you spot me, pop over for a chat. I'm friendly.

Just reading the Pies are sending an extra large squad over, including players we thought are injured. This without doubt proves flying is the largest advantage of all. Well played. Pies by 4 Harley Reid's.

Someone has emotional scarring on living on the far west side away from 90% of the competition and has to fly every second week

Who will win? Well, I had to google a couple of Collingwood players today to find out who they are, so it may be fair to say we are going into this one a bit light.

Common sense says Freo should get the points this time given the look of the teams on paper, we are using 6 players that would typically be playing VFL, so is that too many to carry? Depending on how all those guys perform will decide the game.

I think all roads lead to a Freo win and I can't really see how we get over the line in a tough road trip.

So I can only come to one conclusion.

Pies by 1 pt.

Back