FTA-TV AFL 360 - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes, or just not have players on every week. They don't add much, compared to decent, opinionated commentators.
Plus they’re on AFL tonight, albeit different players. It’s gets stale quickly because half the time you know what they’ll say before they say it. It’s like Longmire, he’s pretty enjoyable to listen to but every week it’d get a but tiresome with similar answers to questions that we’ve already heard before. Same as every coach or player. As for Robbo I’ve said it before and I fully agree with the previous poster that he’s there to push his toilet paper. Who actually sits at a table with newspaper anymore? Ffs it’s 2021

If we have to have a rep from the HS I’d love Mick Warner atleast every so often, he’d atleast question some of the BS Gerry spouts pretty much directly from AFL hq.

Kath did well but Gerard brings a better dynamic with Robbo. TV has already turned s**t and boring because of how PC its become, no jokes allowed because everyone in Australia will get offended and post about it on twitter.

Kath did well but Gerard brings a better dynamic with Robbo. TV has already turned sh*t and boring because of how PC its become, no jokes allowed because everyone in Australia will get offended and post about it on twitter.
Don't agree.

With Gerard, Robbo tries too hard and keeps trying to be the funny man.
Robbo was a lot better with Kath IMO.

Thought exactly the same thing.

At the very least, Fox has enough talent there to rotate different people through to freshen it up. It would become must watch again. I don’t need a whole ‘week’ of Gerard and Robbo.

I’d p155 off some of the regulars too like J. Riewoldt, Betts and Roughead. Seeing more of Kath, Huddo, Dunstall, etc would be much more preferable.
Get rid of players night.....they add nothing. Dunstall is a must to be a regular or at least semi regular.

Rotating the guests would bring much needed life back into the show.

He wasnt intimidated by her. Many haters of whateley on here but for me thats because he has a very deep knowledge of many many sports. Thats his job, robbos job is to write football articles for 60yo plus herald sun readers.
M8 it’s 2021. We have dedicated sports channels and a thing called the internet. It’s not 1985 where we saw snippets of a carribean tour on channel 9 news or saw a few words from one of the grand slam winners or the last putt from a pga win. He gets fed all this info just like King gets fed all those stats. He’s different now and that’s why people don’t like him. He’s gone from a great sports presenter, and yes he was great at his job, to a condescending twat who drinks his own bath water. And most likely because he thinks his shyte don’t stink because he gets info delivered to him by the AFL. Kath showed she could fill the void easily if he departed. And add value at the same time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wheatley is a sycophantic weasel suckling on Hutchys/SENs teat.

He uses big words to bamboozle the masses. He's an intellectual nobody and has little to no football knowledge.
I think Australia has some people who are very smart intellectually but still very down to earth and plain speaking (for eg Tim Flannery the climate scientist). It also has some salt of the earth, self-deprecating types who are not intellectuals but have excellent bullshit detectors and are very measured and circumspect, who know a lot, but know the limits of what they know.

Can you imagine a show with a serious journo, like Time Lane (or Michael Gleeson or Jake Niall) and a 'man of the people', like Martin Flanagan?

360 has decided to go in a different direction, though, with someone who is not actually that smart, and is not a particularly good exponent of the English language, but who carries on like he's a first year uni undergrad who's trying way too hard to impress teacher (Whately), and someone else who is just a loudmouth fool. The whole "It's Mabo, it's the vibe" bit from The Castle could have been about Robbo. He never says anything remotey coherent, it's all just a (alcoholic) vibe.

He wasnt intimidated by her. Many haters of whateley on here but for me thats because he has a very deep knowledge of many many sports. Thats his job, robbos job is to write football articles for 60yo plus herald sun readers.
Sure the man is 'well read' but unfortunately the majority of his opinions still tend to be rubbish.

Why did they spend 20 minutes just on Jack Riewoldt? I mean no other player got that much time dedicated to them for a milestone match.
I think it's pretty easily explained. He's been on the show nearly every week for 6 years. I think they did the same for Robert Murphy in his 300th for the same reason. I don't see anything wrong with it.

Why did they spend 20 minutes just on Jack Riewoldt? I mean no other player got that much time dedicated to them for a milestone match.
I wonder how many like me turned it off once they realised it was going to be about Riewoldt and then the rest of the night was going to be the other players in their rotation

I wonder how many like me turned it off once they realised it was going to be about Riewoldt and then the rest of the night was going to be the other players in their rotation
I’ve found recording and forwarding through stuff I have no interest in, like Jack last night is perfect for me. It’s not that he doesn’t deserve a 20 minute segment it’s that because he’s been on for half a decade now we’ve heard it all before. Unlike Burgoyne the other week who was a joy to listen to for his 400 because we don’t hear him talk a lot. The same story’s we’ve heard before rehashed for 20 minutes is not fun.

I get that in these co-vid times, the fixture is mildly interesting but it seems like Whateley has an infatuation bordering on a fetish about the fixture. Start times really fascinate him at the moment. It really doesn't matter if the 1st bounce is at 1:40 on a Sunday instead of 1:10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back