AFL 360.. Buckley " we weren't concerned about winning"

Remove this Banner Ad

How about this from Swan apparently (taken from Pies board) on Triple M after the match.

"I didnt look at the scoreboard until there was 4 mins to go in the match... I saw a few of the North boys carrying on like they were winning so I guessed they were in front"

Ha, if true what an absolute moron.

I think hes often a fairly impressive guy and I do think he's had a difficult start to a coaching career in some ways, but it has to be said, the bloke isn't a winner. He's never won anything. Sometimes this really shows through imo.

How about this from Swan apparently (taken from Pies board) on Triple M after the match.

"I didnt look at the scoreboard until there was 4 mins to go in the match... I saw a few of the North boys carrying on like they were winning so I guessed they were in front"

that is swannie though... they asked him about the scoreboard bc in another game he wasnt even aware they had won so it was reference to that.

that is swannie though... they asked him about the scoreboard bc in another game he wasnt even aware they had won so it was reference to that.

Yeah, that's fair and not surprising. Probably can't count!

Still maintain he is a moron though, despite the manlove he gets for playing his "I don't give a s**t" card at every single opportunity.

Yeah, that's fair and not surprising. Probably can't count!

Still maintain he is a moron though, despite the manlove he gets for playing his "I don't give a s**t" card at every single opportunity.

If it wasn't for football, he'd be stacking broken microwaves at the tip.

I find it funny that the only team that deserves to be this cocky (Geelong), are actually the most humble, and say we were better on the day when we won, their fans included. These "big 4" teams are deluded enough to think that every game against them is our grand final. :rolleyes:

I find it funny that the only team that deserves to be this cocky (Geelong), are actually the most humble, and say we were better on the day when we won, their fans included. These "big 4" teams are deluded enough to think that every game against them is our grand final. :rolleyes:

Well, we won about 3 flags this year then.

Excellent.

The game was a dead rubber.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was kinda coasting through the game on Ch7 too, until Bwucie started barring up over Collingwood 'turning up the heat' in the 3rd. "Now they're flexing their muscle" etc etc was oozing from the telle.....until we flexed ours, at which point winning suddenly didn't matter anymore.o_O

Ok Figgas let's take you at your word (except your pre-match word, that is) & agree you weren't fussed about the win.... Didn't you at least want to display some finals-like characteristics like, um, i dunno................DEFENCE??!!

Fact is 10th opened em up like a surgeon's scalpel & they couldn't stop it. I guess Figgas had to say something to keep the mob at peace.;)

I think the pies went into self-preservation mode tbo. Neither team laid that many tackles.
It was hardly as physical as the hawks v north game. Maybe it was the open spaces of the G.
But when Lynch and Brown started going down, they would've been thinking of managing their players for next week. It meant more to us to finish off positively.

Absolute knob.

Let's check on him 5 years after retiring, when the Collingwood legal team have no interest in him. Coddled footballer, won't survive in the real world.

Good point. I have a lot of respect for Geelong and their fans.

I dont think either side was playing with that same intensity because we had nothing to play for either so who do Collingwood think they are? I mean It would have been better for us to lose. We would have ended up with two picks higher in the draft and we wouldn't have had to rue missed opportunites all pre season if we lost. In the end both teams were trying pretty hard, but if Collingwood think we were going a million miles an hour and they were going half pace then they are well an truly a bunch of f***wits.

Everybody must be enjoying Port Adelaide smashing Collingwood.

Port are really making some of the experts flogs on here eat there words after the vitriol served up after the Jacobs saga.

Good on them!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back