AFL Academy v Northern Blues April 15 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

How did Fogarty play Bish?

Which one? I assume Darcy - played ok without staring not in the best but did some nice things. Took a great contested pack mark a few deep, as well as had a good passage weaving past 3-4 defenders. Played mostly in defence.

Any footage of this game?

Believe AFL.com.au will have a few highlights during the week, but there won't be footage.

Big thanks to all that were there and letting the rest of us know. The AFL just don't seem to care about the growing interest in the draft, hopeless really. Thought that out of their $2Bill tv deal that they would have been able to spare a few bucks to stream it. Spose this years national champs will just be as limited as previous years.

How'd Naish go?
OK
Has speed and likes to carry the footy but lacked poise at different times. His decision making was found out on a couple of occasions and got caught trying to think his way through a situation. He will be fine- my really early guess is a late second round pick for Naish.

Struggled.
Played back and the ball was zipping in.

So I was just comparing the best players from the academy game this week to the academy game from last year and see how they stack up

So last year the best players playing against the VFL team where Brodie, Petrevski-Seton, Berry, Bowes, McCluggage and Powell-Pepper. All those guys ended up top 20 picks now here where the best players from the weekend

Davies-Uniacke, L.Fogarty, Higgins, Rayner, Clark and there isn't a 6th player but Dow and D.Fogarty also had good games so going of this we can expect all these players to go high this year. The year before some of the best players where Parish, Weideman, Ah Chee, Hoppper and Weitering with all those guys eventual top 10 picks so there is something to be said in playing well against the VFL sides as an under 18.

How many players usually make the final cut? Should we do a best 22 or just a squad of 30 or so

Normally start with 50, then go to 40 - then down to 30 for the final few games. I'm happy to do 30 (best 22 then 8 others)? But I'll do what you do :p

Normally start with 50, then go to 40 - then down to 30 for the final few games. I'm happy to do 30 (best 22 then 8 others)? But I'll do what you do :p
Yeah I started with 30 and it's tough that's for sure, Metro is very deep I couldn't fit Penrith in who I suspect will end up playing anyway, also didn't factor in injuries

Yeah I started with 30 and it's tough that's for sure, Metro is very deep I couldn't fit Penrith in who I suspect will end up playing anyway, also didn't factor in injuries
Lets do a best side of 24 playing for the National Championship!
Bottom agers allowed to be picked if in best 24.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

D_P_S & Bishop how about the two of you also agree on a specified time to post up your teams, so one doesn't get a jump on the other, and the second to post doesn't get accused of anything untoward.

D_P_S & Bishop how about the two of you also agree on a specified time to post up your teams, so one doesn't get a jump on the other, and the second to post doesn't get accused of anything untoward.
Ehh I could care less, my team is a mix of who I would pick, who teams usually pick and what I expect. So there will be players in that I wouldn't have but they will be in just going off the history of how teams are picked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back