AFL.com.au Website Update: "New Digital Publishing Experience"

Remove this Banner Ad

No ******* stats on the AFL website for live games, this is less quality than even i first though.

1582189432018.png

Something has to be done. The AFL website is beyond putrid, desktop experience is completely sanitized and looks like everything has been prepared fro a mobile phone and then just blown up to full screen. Looks, tacky and directionless in browser.

Worst ******* website i've ever seen for a professional sporting organisation.

No ******* stats on the AFL website for live games, this is less quality than even i first though.

View attachment 826227

Something has to be done. The AFL website is beyond putrid, desktop experience is completely sanitized and looks like everything has been prepared fro a mobile phone and then just blown up to full screen. Looks, tacky and directionless in browser.

Worst ******* website i've ever seen for a professional sporting organisation.

The money that could have gone into separate builds for mobile and desktop was probably spent on more important things, like redecorating Gil's office.

The old website was really good, this new one is s**t.

How do you watch match replays now? I have AFL live but can't find past games anywhere.

Watching videos on the AFL website or teams website's is a horrible experience. All sorts of pop ups blocking parts of the video and the task bar.

It might just be a mobile thing but it's still woeful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shockingly bad yesterday. I just wanted to see the live score, couldn't find it anywhere. I eventually found it, by clicking on the live blog and then clicking on another link inside the article but without stats for the game, ahh what? Atrocious. Even now, going back to it, I can't find the scores from yesterday. I need to go to news, scroll until I find a news article about the game, and scroll through the article to find the scores somewhere in the article. If it takes me longer than 90 seconds to find scores, I'm not doing it.

If I click on fixtures, It wants me to download a pdf? wtf is this?

At least they haven't decided to revamp the AFL fantasy this year. Every year they completely revamp it, its full of bugs and doesn't actual work properly till round 16. Least they have done something right.

Last edited:
"Game Starting Soon"

campaigner... tell me WHEN the ******* game is starting, do I need to check the stream again in 10 minutes, 3 minutes or 25 minutes.

You cannot find the starting time fo this WBD v North game ANYWHERE on the AFL website... this continues to get worse and worse

Well, the radio call actually works on my Samsung phone for the first time in 2 years.
Well done telstra. Clap......clap......

The old website was really good, this new one is s**t.

How do you watch match replays now? I have AFL live but can't find past games anywhere.
I had such trouble with videos on their website this year that I simply no longer can go there.
Same with my club website. I actually had to shut down my computer as some weird s**t happens with the videos that I can no longer click off properly when videos seems to take forever to load up. Any interviews with our own players or new list manger in last 5 or 6 weeks I still not seen as the sites are no longer fixed. I thought it was just a hiccup and would be fixed after a few days but during the week tried to visit Carlton site to listen to an interview on video and same s**t happens. Are all the club sites using the same type of bullshit the afl.com.au has been downgraded to ?

Watching videos on the AFL website or teams website's is a horrible experience. All sorts of pop ups blocking parts of the video and the task bar.

It might just be a mobile thing but it's still woeful.
aha, so it is not just my club website. Seems like other club websites too. I noticed it all started happening at the same time afl.com.au changed theirs.
It is beyond a joke how bad it is. Cannot believe this was not fixed after a day or two and being left to be the way website functions for now on. Simply will not visit ever again at this rate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back