afl.com.au won an award for best sporting league site style

Remove this Banner Ad

You could reword the title of this thread for an accurate answer.

Won an award for best sporting league site style

To:

Won an award for best sporting league shite site style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL website is so stylish it has taken Firefox until just a year or so ago to be able to actually display the content to users (I would say that an "Style Awesomeness Overload Error" was the root of the problem there, but Firefox have got with the times now). Some say the bare white screen was easier on the eyes however.

The AFL website has to be one of the fugliest sites going around. Maybe there is another AFL sporting league out there that we don't know about? (Anybody who was thinking Arena Football League need not, on first glance their website is about on par with the AFL site).

Its certainly a lot better than last years incarnation . Firefox would struggle back then. But Telstra's brand of all Flash, no substance is still ever present.

You guys are so sarcastic.

As a matter of fact the AFL site has been getting a freakin' truckload of visitations.

In fact, they've recently upgraded all of their hardware to cope with the demand. Including a custom-built colling system.

Here's a pic of their state-of-the-art equipment.

Apparently the Demetriou 'located' the server during hard rubbish week.

extreme_pc_cooling.jpg

as much as I love to rip on the afl website, I do love that I can watch full match replays.

Now if only I could watch full match replays in something other than IE...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back