AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me what you write are bonuses

I'm content with them just bringing in the SANFL, WAFL & NEAFL some day. Upgrading each list yearly in a patch until the next game comes out
Lol that is the definition of bonuses in sports games.

I'm content with them just bringing in the SANFL, WAFL & NEAFL some day. Upgrading each list yearly in a patch until the next game comes out
As Quiv said, extra teams, updated lists etc. are the bonuses.

Fixing/changing the fundamentals of the game engine are the essentials.

I have had too make an account just too post this. Now, I was so excited for this game and it was looking to be great. Not so good when released but I loved it after the first update. Haven't played for about 2 months and just came back to the game, it had an update... WHAT THE * HAVE THEY DONE!! It is seriously ******* unplayable, it's a disgrace. It's only 1 thing that makes it like this AI KICKING AND MARKING. On legend the AI marks every single ball nearly unless you kick it and the kicks they do give you no chance. It kicks into ******* space with about 5 foot gap between your ******* player. I try my absolute hardest you cannot defend against it at all. As soon as AI takes 1 mark they go on a short kicking spree and you cannot defend it. Every kick your defender is trailing and you cannot ******* spoil at all. Terrible.

I have had too make an account just too post this. Now, I was so excited for this game and it was looking to be great. Not so good when released but I loved it after the first update. Haven't played for about 2 months and just came back to the game, it had an update... WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE!! It is seriously ******* unplayable, it's a disgrace. It's only 1 thing that makes it like this AI KICKING AND MARKING. On legend the AI marks every single ball nearly unless you kick it and the kicks they do give you no chance. It kicks into ******* space with about 5 foot gap between your ******* player. I try my absolute hardest you cannot defend against it at all. As soon as AI takes 1 mark they go on a short kicking spree and you cannot defend it. Every kick your defender is trailing and you cannot ******* spoil at all. Terrible.
Get better

I have had too make an account just too post this. Now, I was so excited for this game and it was looking to be great. Not so good when released but I loved it after the first update. Haven't played for about 2 months and just came back to the game, it had an update... WHAT THE **** HAVE THEY DONE!! It is seriously ******* unplayable, it's a disgrace. It's only 1 thing that makes it like this AI KICKING AND MARKING. On legend the AI marks every single ball nearly unless you kick it and the kicks they do give you no chance. It kicks into ******* space with about 5 foot gap between your ******* player. I try my absolute hardest you cannot defend against it at all. As soon as AI takes 1 mark they go on a short kicking spree and you cannot defend it. Every kick your defender is trailing and you cannot ******* spoil at all. Terrible.
Maybe try tweak the gameplay sliders. Increase your run speed, lower the Cpu run speed... so you can catch up to them in those contests.
Change the marking options to take into account timing more than position and attribute.

You can change a lot about the game... so if something annoys you... edge it out
If the game with the settings.

I think some suggestions for improvements aren't very descriptive.
Try to be a bit more detailed about what to fix rather than just saying 'gameplay' and 'AI'.

I gave a detailed explanation of a camera angle I'd like to see, and then, enter the 'Play direction' angle in Patch 2B.
Probably something that others asked for too...but giving clear detail can really help the developers understand what to work on.

For me, a 'Gameplay' change I'd like is for the closest opponent to go to the mark when an opponent marks it. Currently, it's always the direct opponent of the marker, who runs to the mark....even though they could be on the other side of the field.

And then, having the user, or the Cpu optionally cancel going to the mark (to move further afield and match up someone else). Currently, there's no way to run away from the mark...it forces you to go there. I'd be great to cancel that (like FIFA has an R2+L2 cancel to give you back control of where you run).

Another thing I'd like to see is for players to keep their positions when there is a cutscene/stoppage.
If there's a free kick, speccy, ball up, throw in, behind, all players teleport back to their relative default position on the field. (Play as a HBF in Be a Pro, run off and watch it happen at every stoppage).

Would love for a behind to be scored, and for the team to kick it in straight away using someone free out the opposite side... really opening up the game.

2g7OBr7.png

Weird glitch, AI kicks the ball out...... it didn't bounce all the way outside the 50m arc... it pretty much morphed there after it looked like the ball was going to bounce inside the 50.

Then the players above the umpire and the 4 other players near the umpire in the goal square just did a circular pattern around each other. Nobody went for the ball for the remainder of the quarter.

Is there a way to level up players quicker in coach career?

Increase the quarter length and get every objective ?

There was another method posted a while back where you could complete a match, but not save the career..... exit and you'd still get the points to level up a player or players in the case of coach career.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2g7OBr7.png

Weird glitch, AI kicks the ball out...... it didn't bounce all the way outside the 50m arc... it pretty much morphed there after it looked like the ball was going to bounce inside the 50.

Then the players above the umpire and the 4 other players near the umpire in the goal square just did a circular pattern around each other. Nobody went for the ball for the remainder of the quarter.

Increase the quarter length and get every objective ?

There was another method posted a while back where you could complete a match, but not save the career..... exit and you'd still get the points to level up a player or players in the case of coach career.

If you have 10 staff in each coaching area you get a stack of points every game, even players who didn't play. That's the best way to do it.

The gameplay is garbage. I don't think playing as the GWS reserves is going to somehow make it more fun.

Don't play on Legend. The new patches have made the game better, but Legend is rubbish. Play on a lower level but adjust the sliders to give the AI a little advantage.

It's a decent game and is going to be good to throw on every now and again. Once you've done a few seasons and trading the game gets a little boring though.

The lack of commentary to me is one thing that prevents replay ability. Take FIFA for example, the commentators have so much different things to say and will even have off topic discussion about your club that you selected or the place where you're playing. A fleshed out commentary track will add much more than people think.

The lack of commentary to me is one thing that prevents replay ability. Take FIFA for example, the commentators have so much different things to say and will even have off topic discussion about your club that you selected or the place where you're playing. A fleshed out commentary track will add much more than people think.

We are talking a few million vs 100s of millions of dollars difference in game development details over many years..

It's something that can only be incrementally done with AFL..

The best commentary we had was when EA did it in the late 90s..

Big Ant did a pretty good job with Dennis in 2011.

NBA and Fifa are the measuring stick of the heights of gaming investment and sustainability. The peak of sports gaming by a mile. Soon you won't know the difference between the game and watching a real game.

Hopefully AFL expand commentary on the next release..

We are talking a few million vs 100s of millions of dollars difference in game development details over many years..

It's something that can only be incrementally done with AFL..

The best commentary we had was when EA did it in the late 90s..

Big Ant did a pretty good job with Dennis in 2011.

NBA and Fifa are the measuring stick of the heights of gaming investment and sustainability. The peak of sports gaming by a mile. Soon you won't know the difference between the game and watching a real game.

Hopefully AFL expand commentary on the next release..

It's commentary, not graphics, gameplay, etc.

AFL Evolution already has world class create a player system that tops FIFA.

Sent from mTalk

I'm using these sliders at the moment, playing on legendary with the speed set at slow.

Seems to have opened the game up a bit, there's definitely a lot more space to move when you get the ball. Setting fatigue levels high and endurance low tends to help as well.

I'd be keen to see what someone else thinks, if they can be bothered trying it.

Attribute |User |CPU
User CPU
\Goal Kicking | | |
\Close range accuracy | 50 | 35 |
\ Mid range accuracy | 50 | 30 |
\ Long range accuracy | 59 | 30 |
\ Set shot accuracy | N/A | 30 |
\ On the run accuracy | 66 | 30 |
\ Marks | | |
\ Timing | 45 | 30 |
\ Position | 60 | 60 |
\ Attribute | 30 | 30 |
\ Marking | 50 | 40 |
\ Attributes | | |
\ Rucking | 50 | 50 |
\ Run Speed | 35 | 35 |
\ Handball Distance | 50 | 50 |
\ Spoiling | 50 | 65 |
\ Smothering | 50 | 50 |
\ Specky rate | 50 | 40 |
\ Endurance | 35 | 35 |
\ Fending | 50 | 45 |
\ Tackle effectiveness | 50 | 30 |
\ Kick Power | 50 | 50 |
\ Tagging | 15 | 15 |
\ General | | |
\ Tackle distance | 50 | 30 |
\ hip and shoulder distance | 50 | 50 |
\ mark fumbles | 50 | 50 |
\ fatigue rate | 50 | 90 |
\ injury freq | 50 | 50 |
\ injury severity | 50 | 50 |
\ AI Tendencies | | |
\ Ball Tapping | 35 | N/A |
\ Stay on man | 0 | 0 |
\ Play on | N/A | 80 |

Playing for the first time in a couple of months tonight so I'm gonna roll with this and see how it goes

Anyone know how to fix the teams? Players playing in totally wrong positions. If this was corrected - the game would be amazing.

I've been enjoying the game playing as career / pro. My biggest issue is the cut scenes or a behind etc resetting the position of your career player. Very frustrating.

Also if you start as a Rookie the game takes you through the TAC then VFL system rather than through the draft.

Other than that the gameplay is enjoyable. I find 7.5 minutes gives the most realism in terms of possessions etc and whomever suggested playing it in slow deserve a medal.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back