AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else never been able to play this game online ?

Whenever I search for a game it searches for a bit then kicks me back to the online menu with no reason given

After not having played the game for a fair while now, coming back to it with a fresh perspective... its a pretty ****in s**t game really. :(
You're joking right ?

In terms of AFL games this is the best by a mile and with the last couple patches it's a pretty damn accurate representation of AFL footy (or at least the basics of the sport)

If you aren't happy with Evolution at least as a foundation game then you'll never be satisfied

You're joking right ?

In terms of AFL games this is the best by a mile and with the last couple patches it's a pretty damn accurate representation of AFL footy (or at least the basics of the sport)

If you aren't happy with Evolution at least as a foundation game then you'll never be satisfied
Was definitely too harsh in my post.
It's ok.... its just an ok game. As far as representing how Aussie rules is played, we'll have to agree to disgaree I think.

Big Ant eat your heart out. This is a good game. Had its issues upon release but nothing like that horrible DBC17. Fixed with an excellent patch within a 1/3 of the time BA would have taken. Wicked Witch well done in the face of BA critisism and snides.

Anybody else's commentary names in player creation all sorts of messed up? Some names have just completely disappeared, while there's a mix of both names and nicknames under both name and nickname options. Went weird not long before the patch, hasn't been fixed by the patch either. :huh:

Being able to change camera angles was a huge improvement but this is still a horribly s**t game and i have resigned myself to never buying an AFL game again. Unless Big Ant win back the contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's it like having speed/endurance up on high?

I've ended up shifting game speed down to the slowest, and have kept endurance/run speed at around 40 for both CPU and user. Also turned down tackle effectiveness/distance to around 20 for both CPU and User.

I find with those settings I have so much more time to make decisions now - you can get the ball in a pack and have a split second where you can actually think about where you want to move or who you want to handball to. Makes a huge difference imo.
I figure that the real sport has players run a lot quicker, so I just ramped it up. It definitely makes it more chaotic... so I might try to slow players down instead, like you have.
Endurance up is great.... you can actually sprint with the ball without running out of puff.

I'm happy they patched the crowd noise and all, but just played a full capacity final at the MCG and the sound only gets marginally better when a goal is kicked, and it's exactly the same for the away side.

So is this game worth buying yet? As a Canadian, I'd love to get my hands on a good Footy game but I heard this had a shaky release...

If so, do I go with PS4 or PC?

Evolution 2?

- Marking system overhaul (yes, I know how to mark but it's still an average system at best)

- Better team tactics and less 1 vs 1 action all over the ground.

- New ball up system. Not just for the ruck but maybe a few center square and boundary throw in setup options etc.

- Much more competent AI.

- Better camera angles (the new ones are ok, but still need some work)

- COMMENTARY!!!

- Sound effects upgrade

- Be a Pro gameplay overhaul. Too easy to just run around wherever you want and end up with 50 possies and 15 goals.

- Gameplay, gameplay, GAMEPLAY! Forget graphics and extra gamemodes. Keep working on the fundamentals.

Just to throw in a pro; Goal kicking is actually good. Much harder now from a set shot which is great.

Evolution 2?

- Marking system overhaul (yes, I know how to mark but it's still an average system at best)

- New ball up system. Not just for the ruck but maybe a few center square and boundary throw in setup options etc.

- COMMENTARY!!!

- Sound effects upgrade

- Be a Pro gameplay overhaul. Too easy to just run around wherever you want and end up with 50 possies and 15 goals.

- Gameplay, gameplay, GAMEPLAY! Forget graphics and extra gamemodes. Keep working on the fundamentals.

Just to throw in a pro; Goal kicking is actually good. Much harder now from a set shot which is great.
How would you improve the camera angles? Just wondering. The sliders have opened up a lot of possibilities there I think.

Evolution 2?

- COMMENTARY!!!

- Sound effects upgrade

To me what you write are bonuses

I'm content with them just bringing in the SANFL, WAFL & NEAFL some day. Upgrading each list yearly in a patch until the next game comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back