AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll settle for the placebo of a magic set.

My results from playing around with them lead to me winning by 130 points on legend and I'm very average at the game and haven't played it in months.

Why don't you pump up the sliders for the AI? It's easier than ever to create a hard game now.

The patch seems to have removed my ability to name custom names and teams. They are all "Censored". Seems a bit silly.

Edit: I worked out it isn't related to the patch. I'm the silly billy.

Last edited:

I'm average and normally lose on Legend, you must be pretty darn good to be honest and i play a lot...
I mainly did so well because my AI team mates kept marking everything. I'm also wondering if the difficulty changes I made throughout the match actually took effect because it didn't feel any different.

Played a few more games. Won 2 comfortably. Lost 1 badly. Win or lose I never feel like I have much control in this game. I'm always just booting it forward, hoping that my team will mark it because no one is ever free.

Also, I started a season on legend for the first time and the wind during set shots is a joke. It's like trying to kick into a hurricane.

After downloading the patch, the game is constantly crashing. Anyone else have this issue?

This was happening to me too, the issue was that for some reason every player had been moved to 'delisted' in Fanhub. Try resetting your Fanhub squads, that fixed it up for me.

Played a few more games. Won 2 comfortably. Lost 1 badly. Win or lose I never feel like I have much control in this game. I'm always just booting it forward, hoping that my team will mark it because no one is ever free.

Also, I started a season on legend for the first time and the wind during set shots is a joke. It's like trying to kick into a hurricane.

hmmm...hoping?? (are you referring to career mode?) in which case yep!

Do you bump the defender away and then try a grab?

I wait for a forward to lead then kick it to space instead of to a contest where it's a 50/50, so you can wait for your forward to run back and forth and then release a pass, if it spills then just run fast and crumb a handball off or try a dribble kick, depending....

at least a long kick gives you opportunity.

i'm surprised how accurate the game in terms of what it might be like actually playing, but there are improvements there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was really enjoying the game and completed all the single player player achievements, was thrashing the CPU on legendary, even keep them goalless on more the one occasion.
Then the other day I gave online play a go :mad: I cant win a game and sometimes im lucky to just score a goal, bumping is the issue, apparently Im not allowed to touch the opposition in anyway because every god dam time I do its a free kick no matter where the ball is.
Games going in for trade tomorrow or maybe ill just chuck the disk down the stormwater drain to make myself feel better.

Was really enjoying the game and completed all the single player player achievements, was thrashing the CPU on legendary, even keep them goalless on more the one occasion.
Then the other day I gave online play a go :mad: I cant win a game and sometimes im lucky to just score a goal, bumping is the issue, apparently Im not allowed to touch the opposition in anyway because every god dam time I do its a free kick no matter where the ball is.
Games going in for trade tomorrow or maybe ill just chuck the disk down the stormwater drain to make myself feel better.
What's your gamertag? I could do with a win :thumbsu:

Online is a mixed bag for me, all comes down to the best ping, marking is so precise any lag on your end and you get destroyed.

Does anyone know if you can retire/delist players in career mode?
You can only delist players at season end and I believe they have to be out of contract

As for retirement, players will automatically retire once they are over 30-32 and at the end of their contract (I've managed to rig the system a bit where any important senior players are signed until the point they'll be about 29 and then you re-sign them for the max 5 years to get the most out of them)

This game really opens up with quick reflexes on the buttons and knowing your buttons, some of the transitions can be awesome stuff!

Basically why I'm such a gun on Legend, get the ball hit button instantly (to save myself from being tackled). That said.....

Online is a mixed bag for me, all comes down to the best ping, marking is so precise any lag on your end and you get destroyed.

In line with this post, I can thrash the AI on legend. Put me online (blaming the lag) I get slaughtered!!! t evens out sometimes (where a 4 goal lead gets cut down to 2 or 1... if I am lucky). I'll end up losing by 2-4 goals.

We're at the point of "it's now a sheer joy to play" which is great.

Already felt that way before the patch hit on pc weeks ago........ easily GOTY for me :D

Online comes down to marking and the bumping the other guy out in a contested mark, but there's ways around it. I don't have a good connection so manage it by looking to play a running game with handpass and kicks to free players where I've drawn their man away, having your ruck set to attacking helps a lot to do this. Also just torping it forward when you feel you have no momentum.

Lastly, contain KPD by playing extra KPF if needed even if they aren't default starting 22 to prevent rebound. As Port I often put Dixon on the HFF to remove their better intercept player and this helps too if I choose to enter attack wide rather than corridor.

That's how I've managed to maintain a winning record with inferior ping and only playing default teams, no downloaded super teams or AA squad.

Sent from mTalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back