AFL Evolution minor patch/bugs reporting thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can’t edit any teams in list manager because every time after about 10 or 15 seconds the game crashes and it quits and I have to reload. It’s been happening for a while and it’s annoying because I wanna edit the team lists. Can anyone help

Try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it. Same thing happened to me, but doing a whole refresh seemed to fix it up. Just make sure you have the latest patches and everything as well

Sorry for hurting your feelings princess, was legitimately wondering if the game is still s**t or if it has gotten better with patches.

F***ing jesus some people are precious.

It gets an 8/10 form me, the two points that i don't give are because graphics and smoothness could be better and gameplay could be crafted more and improved. The rest ticks the boxes because of the scale of content, rewards, skills sliders, sheer scale is pretty epic for an AFL game.

The graphics could still do with some smoothing over and gameplay refined more, that's really where it needs to go for future versions.

But the scale of content is what makes it good and it's way better than any other AFL game objectively speaking, just do analysis on the skills included in this game compared to others. Are there some glitchy movements that could be improved, absolutely.

AFL Live 1 is still a great game, which i hope gets a remastered edition some day.

The addition of gameplay sliders is always a welcome one, almost a necessity in sports games these days.

Unfortunately, it's still a pretty average game though. Just doesnt play like the real thing. I was so pumped for Be a Pro mode, and I'm glad they jad a crack at such a difficult task like that, but it's still far too easy to rack up possies and kick plenty of goals. Also find that the opposition team is really bad in Be a Pro, like the skill level setting is broken or something.

The addition of gameplay sliders is always a welcome one, almost a necessity in sports games these days.

Unfortunately, it's still a pretty average game though. Just doesnt play like the real thing. I was so pumped for Be a Pro mode, and I'm glad they jad a crack at such a difficult task like that, but it's still far too easy to rack up possies and kick plenty of goals. Also find that the opposition team is really bad in Be a Pro, like the skill level setting is broken or something.

Even on the highest difficulty?? I always struggle on hard mode and i'd suggest many people would not find it easy at all.

Seasoned gamers, that's different, but generally speaking.

I do agree that AI opposition needs some refinement and tightening up of skills.

Even on the highest difficulty?? I always struggle on hard mode and i'd suggest many people would not find it easy at all
I was purely talking about Be a Pro mode with that comment. It's quite simple to run off your opponent and call for a quick kick or handball, especially because your teammate will pass it to you everytime you call for it regardless of if you're in a good position or not (as long as you call for it before they have started their kicking or handballing animation).

(JUST TO NOTE: I have an Xbox1, so I don't know if it is just something wrong with my Xbox, or what exactly)

Ever since I got an 'Update' on AFL Evolution, I have tried to play, and what would happen is it would just take me to the sign in and the "AFL EVOLUTION USES AND AUTOSAVE FEATURE" thing, and when I click A, it would load as usual for about 2 seconds, and then the screen would turn Grey for about another 2 seconds, and then it would return me to the XBOX 1 home screen.

Could someone help me fix this?

Minor patch suggestion for 2018 version:

West Coast fans still all wear the 2016 jersey design, not even last year’s and certainly not this year’s. It wouldn’t be so bad if they looked anything alike, but they don’t.
I think the Blues still have the old monogram from memory too. Plus North have inverted their jumper since them. It should have the white stripe in the middle but they’ve got blue in the middle.

I tried having the Player Switch on Manual.... yet it still auto-selects a player when my opponent takes a mark.
I typically don't want to control the man on the mark (who can't move off it anyway....so frustrating).... so 'Manual' should mean 'Manual'.....don't do anything unless I press a button to do so.

Alternatively, I switched to 'On Disposal'.... and constantly see the selected player not be the one that's best suited for the contest.....
Having to press L1, hope you get the right player....then push L2 all the way down, then tap Triangle (or flick the right stick)...while also trying to move your player to the best position.....it all can't be done for a quick 30/40m pass.....

1. Manual should be completely manual
2. On Disposal/Auto should be better at selecting the correct player
2. Spoil shouldn't require you to push down a trigger button and press another button. Just make it a single button, like Circle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right before the siren at every change even full time, you cant score which is really annoying, if you go for goal directly in front you miss it because the game won’t let you kick goals right before a break.

New uploaded Custom teams have errors and can’t be downloaded since the patch. This game has heaps of good custom players to download and make teams with. This was fine before the patch

Is anybody with this on Steam able to get a game to load?? Revisiting old games, but Evolution 1 keeps crashing on me every time I press A to start a game after the loading menu has completed...

Is anybody with this on Steam able to get a game to load?? Revisiting old games, but Evolution 1 keeps crashing on me every time I press A to start a game after the loading menu has completed...
TBH I thought they shut down the game ages ago

TBH I thought they shut down the game ages ago
Yeah, they aren't able to be purchased anymore but are still accessible in existing libraries. That's what I was wondering though, whether there's a fault in the game and because of the lack of developer support now it isn't being mended? Hence why I was curious if anybody else is experiencing the same problem

Yeah, they aren't able to be purchased anymore but are still accessible in existing libraries. That's what I was wondering though, whether there's a fault in the game and because of the lack of developer support now it isn't being mended? Hence why I was curious if anybody else is experiencing the same problem
Ahh fair enough. Yeah not sure about that one unfortunately. Might be worth contacting Wicked Witch, or Wicked Workshop as they're now called, to see if there is anything for it - Contact | Wicked Workshop . Can't imagine there'd be too much traffic playing Evo 1 on PC these days

I'm a console pleb so can't offer any advice/experiences unfortunately

Ahh fair enough. Yeah not sure about that one unfortunately. Might be worth contacting Wicked Witch, or Wicked Workshop as they're now called, to see if there is anything for it - Contact | Wicked Workshop . Can't imagine there'd be too much traffic playing Evo 1 on PC these days

I'm a console pleb so can't offer any advice/experiences unfortunately
Thank you, I appreciate it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back