Expansion AFL Footy mate figurines..for fans of 12 clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 13, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
The AFL and Coles have today launched talking Boony style figurines with 15 different ones available. http://aflfootymate.com/

But with 2 different Tigers, Pies and Hawks (and a don't bemoan those clubs getting 2, they'll sell like hot cakes) it's only 12 clubs represented.

I'm angry there's not a demon or dog. And that's personal bias and probably a lack of reality for me. Even though the Dees have plenty of supporters and members, plus some popular players in Jones, Hogan or Vince that would've made reasonable options. Same with the Dogs.

But I'm also really annoyed there's not one for the Northern clubs. I get they won't sell many at Coles up there, given that AFL fans are a small subset of the population and spread out. But at least they could be produced given 15 others are? And sold online or given out to the clubs to distribute. As if kids wouldn't love an Ablett, Cameron, Buddy or Rockliff figure?

Fair enough maybe the smaller clubs as well but Buddy is meant to be one of the biggest faces in the game. And if he didn't want to do it then Parker/Hanners/Josh Kennedy are all big names for a club with big support in Sydney and in Melbourne.

20 mil + a year for GWS and Gold Coast and the AFL couldn't work out a deal with the clubs to supplement the production of a thousand or so toys for a pretty low cost? Chuck them in with members packs or hand a few out at games and let them chirp away and remind households when the footy is starting.

Just to rub it in there's a Heppell one. Half a chance that's against WADA rules and I doubt he'll have much to say for a year.

"And now everyone's favourite and most recognizable Eagle: Nic Naitan... "

matt_priddis.png

165197-04b77e36-42f3-11e4-b1b2-871c50b86f82.jpg

Fair enough maybe the smaller clubs as well but Buddy is meant to be one of the biggest faces in the game. And if he didn't want to do it then Parker/Hanners/Josh Kennedy are all big names for a club with big support in Sydney and in Melbourne.
Yeah, all players are actually shrunk, converted to plastic, and made to look crazy in the face. They are then duplicated thousands of times before the player is given back his normal, human height, and the plastic comes off. No wonder Buddy didn't want to 'do' it...

Lol Freo, who the f**k is Michael Walters?

Does seem weird, but I'm sure Coles did the sums though and saw no $ in the clubs who missed out. They are not the AFL, there's no obligation for them to promote the game, just get kids begging mum for a toy when she stops after school to get milk.

AFL branding guys would have signed the licensing deal and cleared the final designs. Prob didn't see them again until the public did.

Lol Freo, who the f**k is Michael Walters?

Does seem weird, but I'm sure Coles did the sums though and saw no $ in the clubs who missed out. They are not the AFL, there's no obligation for them to promote the game, just get kids begging mum for a toy when she stops after school to get milk.

AFL branding guys would have signed the licensing deal and cleared the final designs. Prob didn't see them again until the public did.
I hope you actually know who Walters is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back