AFL Futures 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Really? I had him 2 BOG

I'd be very surprised. Fumbled, turned it over, missed easy goals, just wasn't himself.

Pendlebury, then Deledio, after that it's hard to say. Cloke was pretty good, Thomas single-handedly killed the contest with 5 minutes of incredible footy to start the 3rd quarter, Reid was very good. Swan would also slot in as a chance, but I'd be very surprised.

EDIT: AFLCA votes for that game:

Collingwood vs Richmond
10 Reid (Coll)
7 Deledio (Rich)
7 Pendlebury (Coll)
2 Cotchin (Rich)
2 Sidebottom (Coll)
1 Swan (Coll)
1 Thomas (Coll)

Does anyone else think Jeremy Cameron at $4.70 for the rising star is easy money? I know the judging makes it a bit of a mickey mouse market, but preventing injury or suspension he'll surely win. might just throw a lazy pineapple or two on it.

Does anyone else think Jeremy Cameron at $4.70 for the rising star is easy money? I know the judging makes it a bit of a mickey mouse market, but preventing injury or suspension he'll surely win. might just throw a lazy pineapple or two on it.
Wallis is well in front at the moment

Wallis is well in front at the moment

Wallis is having a very good year, but Cameron is IMO having the best first year by a key foward since Allen Jackovic in 91. Cameron gets the best defender each week, while Wallis can pretty much run around by himself because teams focus on Boyd and Griffen.

Also i think last year proved that there is a weighting toward first year players.

backing either wallis or cameron is okay IMO one of them will win it I think. maybe motlop with a chance too he's been okay but the other 2 are standouts with wallis slightly in front imo because of the amount of ball he gets and his use of it. cameron could easily wrap it up in a few games though and he is a great mark and a really good goalscorer.

anyone think someone other than franklin can win the coleman? 8 goals up on riewoldt with 10 games to go. maybe he could have 2-3 games in a row kicking 1.5 2.6 2.4 something like that. he's a bit too short IMO but i can't see anyone else i really like...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone else think that Collingwood are value at 3.40 for top Victorian side?
have them beating Geelong, GWS, St kilda, North
Think they should beat Sydney (Have had the wood over them in recent times)
Think they should Beat Essendon and are a chance against WCE/Hawks

So I have them at a best case scenario 18-4
Worst case in my opinion is they lose another 3 and are 16-6

The favourite for this bet, the Hawks I have beating
Bulldogs, Port, Gold Coast
Think they should beat WCE as its at the MCG
Geelong have had the wood over them recently (all streaks eventually end though)
The Essendon/Collingwood games look 50/50 but they will be without Buddy and I cant see them winning more then one of the two
The sydney game I think is 60/40 in the swans favour
So in My opinion the best case scenario is winning 6 games, definately no more then 7

Would put them at 17-5
or worst case in my opinion would be losing another 4
and being 14-8

Might be better to wait until after this round but before the tough patch of 3 games for the hawks
Am i underrating Hawthorn or overrating the pies?
just think 3.40 is value when it will in all likelyhood come down to the pies/hawks game

4.75 for Freo to make the eight, about to load up at those odds...Lyon's gameplan is starting to click, injured players starting to return and a very soft draw...

4.75 for Freo to make the eight, about to load up at those odds...Lyon's gameplan is starting to click, injured players starting to return and a very soft draw...

Where are you getting that price mate? Sounds like it's worth a nibble

EDIT: Never mind, can get it anywhere. I swear they were $4.25 on Monday.

It;s good value. Perhaps I should hedge.

I have a bottle of scotch riding on the outcome. Start of the year, that's what my mate and I decided to bet on. He argued Freo were certainties to make the eight. I argued, no way.

Perhaps a small $15 bet on Freo at those odds should cover the cost of the scotch.

I have five teams finishing 7-11 within one game of each other. Freo is one of those five. Given their odds, I think it's definitely worth a nibble.

It;s good value. Perhaps I should hedge.

I have a bottle of scotch riding on the outcome. Start of the year, that's what my mate and I decided to bet on. He argued Freo were certainties to make the eight. I argued, no way.

Perhaps a small $15 bet on Freo at those odds should cover the cost of the scotch.

I have five teams finishing 7-11 within one game of each other. Freo is one of those five. Given their odds, I think it's definitely worth a nibble.

Bloody Hell you are going to hedge $50 ?? Give me a spell. It's also an extremely ordinary thing to do to a mate. HANG YOUR HEAD SON.

Bloody Hell you are going to hedge $50 ?? Give me a spell. It's also an extremely ordinary thing to do to a mate. HANG YOUR HEAD SON.
Haha No. I was expecting that sort of response, as I showed no sign of me joking. I just found it funny that the odds are so extreme that I could potentially do that. I wouldn't even bother doing that for $200.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back