AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 21 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
freofan_mundy - Try changing your tactics up in the backline, maybe set them to "play in front" of their opponent. Set a tag or 2 on some dangerous forwards and remeber that timing really isn't the issue with marking, it's a matter of getting into position before pressing either spoil or mark just once, even if it's a second or two before the ball arrives.

Another thing, try setting "Player Select" to manual in the "Control Options". Not sure if people have tried this but it will definitely help you out in defense. Simply don't push anything and the AI will do the marking/spoiling for you. You can then change to the closest player once the ball has been spoiled/marked. Not sure if you can do this online though....I don't think so.

Man, I've been at work all day and after a quick feed, you just know I'm gonna be playing this game until the crack of dawn. Will add you guys on PS3 later.....Have a few online games :thumbsu:

freofan_mundy - Try changing your tactics up in the backline, maybe set them to "play in front" of their opponent. Set a tag or 2 on some dangerous forwards and remeber that timing really isn't the issue with marking, it's a matter of getting into position before pressing either spoil or mark just once, even if it's a second or two before the ball arrives.

Another thing, try setting "Player Select" to manual in the "Control Options". Not sure if people have tried this but it will definitely help you out in defense. Simply don't push anything and the AI will do the marking/spoiling for you. You can then change to the closest player once the ball has been spoiled/marked. Not sure if you can do this online though....I don't think so.

Man, I've been at work all day and after a quick feed, you just know I'm gonna be playing this game until the crack of dawn. Will add you guys on PS3 later.....Have a few online games :thumbsu:
Yep, I was getting demolished by key forwards, then I set some tags on, and told them to stand side by side, and it's much improved.

Boy howdy are the AI spacs at kicking in!

Just picked up my copy from EB. Price matched with Dick Smith for $79.95 even though I checked there before and they had no stock, and they still gave me the pre-order bonus!

Pretty happy with that :D

Had a quick crack at it at lunch for the first time.
Loved the intro with Holy Grail playing. Goosebumps!
Was brought back to earth pretty quickly. Got belted by Saints. Little tiprat kicked five goals.
Found the controls difficult, but didn't have a huge chance to peruse the instructions either. Look forward to having a better crack tonight.

Know that feeling takes a while to get used too.Play Essendon there pathetic J.Brown has a field day against them I booted 14 against them earlier with him=).

Ugh. I've turned music off. Weezer Blue Album/Pinkerton are playing for me. Muuuuch better.
say it aint so!!!!!

(you see what i did there?)

Question, and sorry if it's been asked, but is there a way to save your team management selections for teams like there is on FIFA, NBA etc.? I haven't been able to figure it out if there is.

Any changes you make at any time to the team are saved automatically. Moving players around in your team line-up etc will stay in those positions until you change them back again due to the Autosave feature.

Going into Footy Factory and "Reset Teams", will return all teams to their default line-ups and positions.

If you mean by your question - "is there a way to save a library of various team line-ups and tactics that you yourself, have pre-set, and load them specifically to play against a particular team's style of play or opponent?" - then unfortunately no.

You have to make any tactical changes you want before each game, but those changes you DO make will be saved until you change them back the next time you play.

say it aint so!!!!!

(you see what i did there?)

fry.gif

Game is too unrealistic.

Brent Harvey just clobbered a 50 metre bomb on his left foot.

Hows the realism with self pleasing like crowd noise at Subi vs the WA teams, and the obvious showboating of umpires, did this make it in? ;)

Managed to get JB to price match DSE, so picking this bad boy up along with a 6 pack of some fine belgian beer. Ripping way to kick off easter holidays. :thumbsu:

Any changes you make at any time to the team are saved automatically. Moving players around in your team line-up etc will stay in those positions until you change them back again due to the Autosave feature.

Going into Footy Factory and "Reset Teams", will return all teams to their default line-ups and positions.

If you mean by your question - "is there a way to save a library of various team line-ups and tactics that you yourself, have pre-set, and load them specifically to play against a particular team's style of play or opponent?" - then unfortunately no.

You have to make any tactical changes you want before each game, but those changes you DO make will be saved until you change them back the next time you play.

I think he means is there a way to save it for online games? Games such as FIFA allow you to go into "My FIFA" and change the default team tactics, lineup etc. That way, you don't have to make changes before every online game. It's getting annoying having to make changes every game, and I have to leave out some changes due to not having enough time.

I thought there might have been a Team Management section in Footy Factory, but I can't find it if there is one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does everyone barrack for Carlton at BigAnt Boomer? ;)

Hahaha! I should actually change that! I picked Richmond when I first arrived in Oz, but changed to Carlton cos they had the same nickname as my team from back in Scotland, then I felt guilty, and so went back to sticking with the Tigers!! Plus I live South Yarra so Richmond probably should be my team anyway! :thumbsu::rolleyes:

It does mean I get to have some good banter with the Boss now though! :p

So angry right now, won all my 9 games (should of been 12 but people quit before game was over)

The reason why im angry is that i just versed Collingwood and they had 2 people playing on that side, it was extremely unfair, having a team of 2 people is almost impossible to defeat, they kept shepparding so i could never get near them when the ball was lose or they had the ball, and 40% of the time they broke out of my tackles(yes i was holding down triangle).

td;rl : Playing against 2 people on 1 team is a pain in the ass, and you are severly handicapped.

So angry right now, won all my 9 games (should of been 12 but people quit before game was over)

The reason why im angry is that i just versed Collingwood and they had 2 people playing on that side, it was extremely unfair, having a team of 2 people is almost impossible to defeat, they kept shepparding so i could never get near them when the ball was lose or they had the ball, and 40% of the time they broke out of my tackles(yes i was holding down triangle).

td;rl : Playing against 2 people on 1 team is a pain in the ass, and you are severly handicapped.

How does this work? My mates and I could only get 2 of us in at a time. Are you saying there were 2 people sharing one xbox?

This game is unrealistic, I'm returning it.

:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Spot on, I was playing a game against richmond & Astbury kicked 4 goals!!

I was trying to play online last night & every time it went to the first bounce, it disconnected, is this due to my crappy net connection??

I'm guessing and the guys at BigAnt can back it up. You would get a huge EXP bonus playing against two people.

Found Hudson to be pretty weak in the ruck. Try the punch if you're losing the tap.

Hudson smashed HMac in the ruck by about 30 hitouts.

I think it's just the player, not the ruckman. HMac has pretty high stats and even when I time it well, most of the time the opposition gets the tap. I guess the system just needs more understanding before the advantage can go your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back