AFL LIVE PASS - WHAT A JOKE!

Remove this Banner Ad

This isn't Apple being behind - it's ChromeCast being glitchy and allowing us to mirror the AFL app when it's not meant to. Sure, it's a good result for us, but they'll patch it soon.
It is meant to mirror the screen which we can put whatever we want on that screen, apple are behind linking the app itself which they can block.

Buy apple for 2011 technology at twice the price.

I watch my footy through my kodi box........Im overseas and have taken out the watchafl subscription. It appears They've finally nailed the perfect package from foxtel allowing us expats to get our dose of footy.
plus we can see "On the couch", "AFL 360", "Open Mike" , "League Teams" "The bounce" and "AFL tonight"

After 7yrs of delivering crap........it appears they've woken up. However I will hold my breath til season proper starts and see how it goes when Collingwood plays a night game (huge load on the bandwidth) and see what the quality is like my end.

I know they'll have someone reading these posts , and I'm happy for them to contact me if they need honest constructive feedback.

I watch my footy through my kodi box........Im overseas and have taken out the watchafl subscription. It appears They've finally nailed the perfect package from foxtel allowing us expats to get our dose of footy.
plus we can see "On the couch", "AFL 360", "Open Mike" , "League Teams" "The bounce" and "AFL tonight"
How are you watching watch afl through kodi? Its great quality, only thing i wish is there was 1080p for those with the ability to stream it.

After 7yrs of delivering crap........it appears they've woken up. However I will hold my breath til season proper starts and see how it goes when Collingwood plays a night game (huge load on the bandwidth) and see what the quality is like my end.

I know they'll have someone reading these posts , and I'm happy for them to contact me if they need honest constructive feedback.

To be fair, WatchAFL only was taken over by Foxtel this year. The past years weren't crap either. There was the odd issue, like some spoilers sometimes in the finals (showing the schedule for the following week which gives away the winners) but generally the video quality and latency were good.

Now you pay more, about 50 bucks more I think, and get more for it like the shows you mention. I'm happy for it but I know some people are unimpressed with the price hike.

Happy you get the womens games on it too though!

To be fair, WatchAFL only was taken over by Foxtel this year. The past years weren't crap either. There was the odd issue, like some spoilers sometimes in the finals (showing the schedule for the following week which gives away the winners) but generally the video quality and latency were good.

Now you pay more, about 50 bucks more I think, and get more for it like the shows you mention. I'm happy for it but I know some people are unimpressed with the price hike.

Are based abroad or within Oz ??
Ive been using the services for years not 1 or 2 and the quality via illegal streams was much better........Ive even had to contact the provider based in London (yes Omni) to flick the stream on because they obviously had no clue. It was that bad !!

I'm willing to have a side wager that the bandwidth is still not enough if they're sharing content to mobile devices throughout Australia and for those expats using Watchafl. The AFL have allocated funding gradually and have built up the infrastructure to what it is today........they didn't just say to the IT folk here is a big pot of money go build your state of the art service centre to cover more than enough people wanting to use our services.
And by the way Ive had fiber into my home during this time so I know it isn't my end that's not holding up its end of the bargain.

The Herald Sun have released what seems to be a pretty good deal for fanatics who read the HS, play Supercoach and want Foxtel Play.

It might be worth having a look at for those shitty with AFL/Telstra.

I've just rung up for this but you can only do it Mon-Fri.

I'm already a HUN subscriber @ $24 per month and a Foxtel Play subscriber @ $35 per month without the sports. Add sports which is another $29 per month and that's $83 per month.

I've I switch over to this offer through the HUN, it will be $10 per week. For that I get my HUN subscription plus Foxtel Play with the basic channels plus Lifestyle channels and the Sports channels.

For those who watch The Walking Dead and GoT, it's another $15 per month for the Pop channels which contains both FX and Showcase. Once those seasons are over, you can just drop it from your package.

The only thing is, you have to lock in for 12 months for $520.

I've just worked out the best thing to do if you are lucky enough...
Find someone who has Foxtel (like your grandma for instance) and get their Foxtel ID, and download Foxtel go.
Perfect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still ****ed off that I have to sit through 7 minutes of ******* harvey norman and clean coal advertisements.

The entire point of paying directly for content is to remove the ******* ads.

yep, when you have a large following team playing (like Collingwood where you have a greater amount of people wanting to watch online) the quality goes to schit..........AFL (yes you guys) increase your services to cover your audience.

WATCHAFL.com.au for overseas was same price for me this year.... 150USD.

GO Catters

I'm still ****** off that I have to sit through 7 minutes of ******* harvey norman and clean coal advertisements.

One of which is an abject ******* lie, the other of which is owned by a greedy prick who earlier in the week was gloating about how much money he would save by cutting Sunday penalty rates.

It really sums up the AFL and its attitude towards social responsibility in a nutshell. Happy to trump up how it cares about people with theme rounds, but still has no ethics or morals whatsoever when it comes to making a buck.

Got a reply regarding the audio cutting out when you navigate away from the AFL Live app on iPhone, basically acknowledging it doesn't work and passing it on. I saw someone say the Android app has been updated to get rid of this problem, but as yet the problem still persists on the iPhone.

Thanks for your feedback in regards to the AFL Live Official App radio feature

Currently, if you have your phone set to silent, you won't be able to hear the radio audio

Additionally, if you switch to using another app, close the AFL Live app or lock your screen, the stream will stop.

This feedback has been passed on to the product managers

WATCHAFL.com.au for overseas was same price for me this year.... 150USD.

GO Catters

Hmmm. Melbourne jacked up the price of the international membership to account for the increased cost.

Are based abroad or within Oz ??
Ive been using the services for years not 1 or 2 and the quality via illegal streams was much better........Ive even had to contact the provider based in London (yes Omni) to flick the stream on because they obviously had no clue. It was that bad !!

I'm willing to have a side wager that the bandwidth is still not enough if they're sharing content to mobile devices throughout Australia and for those expats using Watchafl. The AFL have allocated funding gradually and have built up the infrastructure to what it is today........they didn't just say to the IT folk here is a big pot of money go build your state of the art service centre to cover more than enough people wanting to use our services.
And by the way Ive had fiber into my home during this time so I know it isn't my end that's not holding up its end of the bargain.

Based abroad. Never had to resort to an illegal stream. Watched probably 50% live and 50% delayed and pretty much never had any problems. Switzerland has terrific internet though. I'd stream with 4G in HD, and now have 100 mbit/s...

London is apparently notorious for poor internet.

WatchAFL perhaps 3-4 years ago when I first moved had some real problems with the stream cutting back and forth throughout play when buffering but that was fixed a while back.

I'm still ****** off that I have to sit through 7 minutes of ******* harvey norman and clean coal advertisements.

You may find this weird, but having lived overseas for 5 years I don't mind seeing a Bunnings advertisement these days ;)

Caved, got Foxtel :(

No lock in, no installation or equipment fee, and the first month free.

Worked out to be about $50 more expensive than watchafl.com.au with the vpn I had for the season.

Just have to not get sucked in and keep it once the season is done.

You may find this weird, but having lived overseas for 5 years I don't mind seeing a Bunnings advertisement these days ;)

Bunnings ones are better than the harvey norman ones, I mean, I see harvey norman ads here in Singapore anyway ..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back