Discussion AFL logos which one do you prefer

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have always preferred the one they first used was real had a story behind it too.
The one these days looks fake and plastic and is boring.

The one they started having in 1990 was the best. Should not have changed it.

dino_67

The first int'l Persib Bandung supporter
Jul 25, 2021
North of Naan Yarr Biss
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Persib Bandung (EST.1933),
I have always preferred the one they first used was real had a story behind it too.
The one these days looks fake and plastic and is boring.

The one they started having in 1990 was the best. Should not have changed it.
I honestly like the new VFL logo. I think clubs should use state iterations of the new vfl logo, i.e. with a yellow and black swan for the WA clubs, etc.

Swooping_Magpie

it's swooping season
May 16, 2021
melbun
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
liverpool cheifs victory gators celtics
For me it has to be our 2004-2016 logo
Collingwood-Logo-2004.png

It's just perfect. Another example of us transforming an anniversary logo into our full-time logo as this was our centenary logo in 1992 with "100 years" where the EST 1892 is

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
Oddly enough none of the Lions ones have been great bar maybe the initial post-merge. We should just move to a Gold lion on a split blue/maroon field or a plane maroon. Even just an updated gold lion with a maroon border like the Detroit one would be fine. No wordmark required.

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
Agree swooping magpie we should still have this as our logo dont like the one we use nowadays it just is so boring and plane.

But we did swap the flags though was even better when the magpie feather was covering up the union jack and the black and white flag on the onther side.

For me it has to be our 2004-2016 logo
View attachment 1238002
It's just perfect. Another example of us transforming an anniversary logo into our full-time logo as this was our centenary logo in 1992 with "100 years" where the EST 1892 is

Yeah it looks fantastic with the Carlton floral reef thing and the Aussie flag flying backwards.

JayJ20

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
I like simple and classy logos. West Coast, Essendon's new one, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, the old Carlton, the old Sydney and the old Collingwood logos.
The only cartoon-type logo that I don't mind is Richmond's (and maybe Hawthorn).

Kings of Lygon

All Australian
Aug 31, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
the Heritage one?

Yeah. I love history/tradition, but what is that thing? The colours/gradients are all off and it's massive. It's just weird, could have been far better done and still incorporated an old school and original feel.

Bit of an L this comment.

It could be the biggest POS of all time and I'd still expect this comment from some Bombers fans.

Apr 3, 2007
Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah. I love history/tradition, but what is that thing? The colours/gradients are all off and it's massive. It's just weird, could have been far better done and still incorporated an old school and original feel.

It could be the biggest POS of all time and I'd still expect this comment from some Bombers fans.
If it was s**t, I would say it’s s**t. However, when the overwhelming majority of both Essendon and Non Essendon fans are stating its quality, it calls into question the validity of the comment. It’s almost like because it’s Essendon, its not good.
Just like I said, everyone is different.

Mar 30, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Dolphins, Seattle Kraken
If it was sh*t, I would say it’s sh*t. However, when the overwhelming majority of both Essendon and Non Essendon fans are stating its quality, it calls into question the validity of the comment. It’s almost like because it’s Essendon, its not good.
The AFL reddit is very mixed. Most seem to be pointing out that it is very busy (which it is), some point out that the monogram is muddled (also true, adding bordering between letters could solve this), but it has potential with some tweaks.

Kings of Lygon

All Australian
Aug 31, 2021
AFL Club
Carlton
If it was sh*t, I would say it’s sh*t. However, when the overwhelming majority of both Essendon and Non Essendon fans are stating its quality, it calls into question the validity of the comment. It’s almost like because it’s Essendon, its not good.

Where are the so called overwhelming majority saying it's good? I must have missed a hell of a lot of those posts between here and other social media. Shitloads of people are canning it.

It's almost as if because it's your club, it has to be good. It looks like it was done on MS Paint to me, it's fine that you disagree :thumbsu:

timokane

Club Legend
Oct 2, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
i think the AFL should have a new logo next year 2022. In the off season time to think up a new logo. Methinks this is over due and needs a new one one that looks real at least.

I liked the old VFL logo so an AFL one based on the VFL one would be great.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
i think the AFL should have a new logo next year 2022. In the off season time to think up a new logo. Methinks this is over due and needs a new one one that looks real at least.

I liked the old VFL logo so an AFL one based on the VFL one would be great.
It's probably about due time for a new one. The current one could just use a bit of modernising, but it's more or less perfect in my opinion. And while I love the old AFL and VFL logos, the current one is just very unique on the world stage so it's better for the AFL brand and the sport in general I feel.

Here's a concept I made up a year and a bit ago.

1632016913879.png
1632016894557.png

1632016864302.png
1632016877881.png

Back