match, you will require your Ticketek ticket to scan for entry

into the ground, your 2009 AFL Membership card to verify

your membership, and photo identifi cation to verify that the

membership is yours.

AFL Members who do not have their membership card on

the day or those who cannot verify that the AFL Membership

is theirs will not be admitted to the Grand Final. ''

how will they go about doing this?

Only a miserable pack of c..nts would do this.

Actually I don't think the Ticket states that you need you AFL Membership to gain admittance, so they may have trouble enforcing that. If you didn't read the AFL site and purchased the ticket, how would you know that it's required. All disclaimers should be printed on the Ticket in my opinion.

You would think the only action they could take is revoking the AFL Members membership, but to refuse entry is taking it to the extreme.

I won't have the card with me to show them if they ask for it... reckon i'll be alright? If i get held up i might just act like i'd forgotten it and will "make" a phone call to get it brought to the ground. i've read there are 3-4 checkers per gate. i'll try to sus it out when i arrive and try to get through unchecked.

I won't have the card with me to show them if they ask for it... reckon i'll be alright? If i get held up i might just act like i'd forgotten it and will "make" a phone call to get it brought to the ground. i've read there are 3-4 checkers per gate. i'll try to sus it out when i arrive and try to get through unchecked.

yep, i have a similar problem. i wont have the card on the day, so i'm just hoping their not strict on the day

is it customary for afl members to have to show their card to gain admission to games?

the person who i am lending it from, isnt letting me bring his card to the game.. am i in trouble?

I've never been personally asked to produce my membership, but have heard it has happened.

The person won't lend their membership card, because if you are pulled up there is a chance that their membership may be revoked.

I really don't know why the AFL care? The money has been paid and in most cases it's done to get a supporter from one of the competing clubs a chance to see their team in a Grand Final. As long as AFL Members aren't using it as an opportunity to make a buck, I don't think it's a big deal at all.

Last year my mate gave his AFL membership GF ticket to a Hawthorn supporter, who was stopped at the gate and then refused entry.

The Hawthorn supporter didnt even get the ticket taken off him, so he went to the second AFL members gate and walked in.:)

The only case I have heard of someone being caught, was an old school friend who gave his to a fellow family member, the AFL caught him, but only gave the member a warning as they deemed passing the ticket to a family member only a "slight offense".

I personally have never been checked, and I've been an AFL/VFL member since 1984.:D

Found this on the AFL Members site -

'' IMPORTANT TOYOTA AFL

GRAND FINAL INFORMATION

AFL Members attending the Grand Final will be issued with

a Ticketek ticket. To enter the stadium on the day of the

match, you will require your Ticketek ticket to scan for entry

into the ground, your 2009 AFL Membership card to verify

your membership, and photo identifi cation to verify that the

membership is yours.

AFL Members who do not have their membership card on

the day or those who cannot verify that the AFL Membership

is theirs will not be admitted to the Grand Final. ''

how will they go about doing this?

Thats weird. I'm sure in past Grand Finals AFL members had to use their membership card for scanning on entry and the ticket was just a seating ticket.

Thats weird. I'm sure in past Grand Finals AFL members had to use their membership card for scanning on entry and the ticket was just a seating ticket.

I'm hoping you're wrong about that. The ticketek ticket would surely be the method of entering the ground...

Not correct.

Then you could have AFL Memebers, who had not obtained a ticket just scanning their membership to get in and standing for no charge.

I don't know how big of a problem the AFL sees this as anyway? Surely scalping should be there number one priority?

In a sense the AFL actually contributes to this practice anyway. If tickets were available to supporters instead of corporate theatre goers then the practice wouldn't exist. Using an AFL Membership is usually the only way some supporters would ever have a chance to get to the game. Think of all those club members who missed out on ballots?

They have had people checking at all finals this year.
One game I just had to show my membership card. Some other people had to show membership card and photo id.

It's a pretty p.ss weak system though, at gate 6 there are about 8 entry points and I only saw 1 guy doing the checking.

There have been a lot of complaints so don't be surprised if there are strict checks for the GF.

For those people who think it is okay for members to pass their tickets to Cats or Saints supporters - what about all the Silver AFL members who support those 2 teams and missed out all together? If you are not going to go to the GF then don't buy the ticket in the first place.

I have to get there early as friend is MCC. Will stroll around at 12pm and walk through then as I assume there will be no one checking then. Come out with a passout and Bob's your uncle. If I have to wait until 20 minutes before the game, so be it. Haha AFL members, haha.

For those people who think it is okay for members to pass their tickets to Cats or Saints supporters - what about all the Silver AFL members who support those 2 teams and missed out all together? If you are not going to go to the GF then don't buy the ticket in the first place.

So? Who says some Full afl members of a non-competing clubs can't give their ticket to a Silver Member of Geelong or the Saints...good on them I say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So? Who says some Full afl members of a non-competing clubs can't give their ticket to a Silver Member of Geelong or the Saints...good on them I say.

I agree because they are next in line for a ticket in my opinion, but they shouldn't be given to non members.

I just think that full afl members of non competing clubs shouldn't queue up and buy a ticket if they are not going to attend. If full members stop doing this then there could be tickets left over for silver members with club support of the 2 teams.

Well i have AFL members ticket but i am a Geelong Silver member. I paid for ticket and have my name on receipt attached to ticket. I could also show my silver membership and sign off etc. My problem is will they say hang on you are a silver member? Will i be ok?

tear, don't fold, along the lines....there is nothing whatsoever on the ticket itself (there wasn't last week, anyway).

They have had people checking at all finals this year.
One game I just had to show my membership card. Some other people had to show membership card and photo id.

It's a pretty p.ss weak system though, at gate 6 there are about 8 entry points and I only saw 1 guy doing the checking.

There have been a lot of complaints so don't be surprised if there are strict checks for the GF.

Are the people ''checking'' just the people standing at the entry behind the machine where you scan your ticket?

yep, i have a similar problem. i wont have the card on the day, so i'm just hoping their not strict on the day

Wont have an issue. I have lost my membership and have for about 1month or so. So i have just kept my barcode with me to buy tickets. I cant take it and i dont care as i know i will get in 100% like everyone else. Will be hard to check everyone now wont it. The afl staff are at the front of the main entry point to gate 6 not the 2 side ones.

Wont have an issue. I have lost my membership and have for about 1month or so. So i have just kept my barcode with me to buy tickets. I cant take it and i dont care as i know i will get in 100% like everyone else. Will be hard to check everyone now wont it.

So you reckon we can just scan the ticket and go straight in? Don't the guys sitting next to the scanning machines ask for ur ID to be shown or anything?

Are the people ''checking'' just the people standing at the entry behind the machine where you scan your ticket?
When I was checked the guy was standing out the front of the gate where you queue up. He was just in front of the ticket selling booth. He was easy to spot and some people just moved to a different queue. I have never been asked to show anything by the guys who monitor the ticket scanner machines - but you never know what the AFL will do.

Wont have an issue. I have lost my membership and have for about 1month or so. So i have just kept my barcode with me to buy tickets. I cant take it and i dont care as i know i will get in 100% like everyone else. Will be hard to check everyone now wont it. The afl staff are at the front of the main entry point to gate 6 not the 2 side ones.

does that include gate 7?

So you reckon we can just scan the ticket and go straight in? Don't the guys sitting next to the scanning machines ask for ur ID to be shown or anything?

No, the people at the scanners don't ask to see anything. You just scan the ticket and walk straight through. You don't have to show any memberships or ID. But there may be an inspector hanging around who will ask to see your membership.

No, the people at the scanners don't ask to see anything. You just scan the ticket and walk straight through. You don't have to show any memberships or ID. But there may be an inspector hanging around who will ask to see your membership.

Thanks a lot mate and GO DEES! >_>

Remove this Banner Ad

Back