MRP / Trib. AFL Round 17 charges - Scarlett accepts one-match ban for striking

Remove this Banner Ad

Gogeelong

Premiership Player
Apr 14, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Scarlett may be reported for the backhand.
I think the Essendon player was hit but was staging for a free
If they say there was sufficient contact could be 2 weeks
who knows?

I think its pretty simple.

If he gets cited by the MRP, he gets 1-2 weeks due to bad record and carry over points.

If the incident is deemed not sufficient force, then he gets off.

So 50/50 IMO.

Oh it was made moondog. The guy stayed down for a fair while and it wasn't Jetta so I doubt it was acting.
I slowed it down and even though i've had 16 bourbons, i seen no contact.

I hope i'm wrong but it looked soft.

Didn't Judd land an elbow on Pavlich a few years back and get off? Wasn't the smartest move but can't really see him going for it.

He got him, but I thought it was accidental. He moved his arm when he went to move and it made contact. Scarlett turning around to see who he hit made it look like he meant it.

It was 40 times worse than judd given the coverage
Will be fine as it was nothing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Doesn't look good but the amount of force in it hopefully comes into account. Dell Olio will be playing two's next week deserved a back hand for his spuddy game.

Nothing much in it but Commetti mentioned it 4 times after it happened.Last week he never mentioned his mate Judd's incident and look what happened.

To be honest Scarlett was the weakest link tonight.He stuffed around,so losing him won't be a huge loss.
Agree he didn't have a great game but strongly disagree he won't be a big loss. Scarlett will never be the weak link when we need him.

A poor or out of form Scarlo is still 10 times better than the alternative - Gillies. Besides I thought Scarlo did some very good things. He gives us structure down back and we do not have an alternative.

I slowed it down and even though i've had 16 bourbons, i seen no contact
I hope i'm wrong but it looked soft.

I only saw it during the telecast (and six beers) and I am nervous. Prior form and Dell'Olio seemed to be down for a while.

He got him, but I thought it was accidental. He moved his arm when he went to move and it made contact. Scarlett turning around to see who he hit made it look like he meant it.

I withdraw the above comment, just saw it again on the replay. He meant it, just depends on what level of force they deem it to be.

Minimal force, actually contacting moreso the neck rather than the jaw. No case to answer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back