C: Jack Redden, Jared Brennan, Tom Rockliff
HF: Luke Power, Jonathan Brown, Amon Buchanan
F: Aaron Cornelius, Brendan Fevola, Todd Banfield
Foll: Mitchell Clark, Michael Rischitelli, James Polkinghorne
I/C: James Hawksley, Matthew Leuenberger, Ryan Harwood, Albert Proud
Emg: Tom Collier, Justin Sherman, Cheynee Stiller

In: Proud, Hawksley, Cornelius, Harwood
Out: Ashley McGrath (suspension), Justin Sherman, Tom Collier, Travis Johnstone

Pretty happy with the in's and outs... SHerman has been lucky to stay in the side over the last few months. Hopefully Proud and Harwood go hard and really show us that next season could be good.

Unfortunate week to be dropped as there is no reserves game in which to try and make a statement.

Hope you can fight your way back Shermo.

that might involve putting his head over the ball a few times, will be happy if he does it but the way he has been dodging contests over the last few months has me doubtfull.

Don't have any problem with him being an outside runner but when its your time to go then he needs to go.

He had me swearing like a sailor last week in more than one instance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good changes, really important that Proudy shows a fair bit, i personally would like to see Hawksley relieved from backline duties although with McGrath and Collier out i dare say he will be played down back.

Happy to see Harwood get a run, with Proud and Harwood we at least should have potentially 2 more hard at the footy players in the team.

Finally it is good to see A.Corn back in the team.

Shermo is in trouble his season has been terrible and one must question where is he at in his footy career.

I would say Johnstone has probably played his last game for the club, he hasn't been our worst this year but he doesn't fit into the future of the club as far as i am concerned.

Collier is concern, he showed a bit but i am not sure he has what it takes upstairs to be a good footballer at AFL level.

Let's hope we are super competitive!

With the Xman looking good and just about pushing for selection, the axe can still be swung a bit more. Ash and Black to also come into the team and Stiller apparently showing some form in the 2nds. Plenty of room for another 3 or so heads to roll if guys don't turn up to play.

Big message dropping some senior players (TJ and Sherman) for the likes of Acorn, Proud, Hawksley and Harwood in his first year. It is the right message to be sending. Very good job at the selection table this week IMO.

WIll be interesting to see where Voss plays Cornelius.

I would assume that Staker down back to make room for Cornelius up forward would be logical, but Merrett, Maguire, Patfull and Staker is a pretty tall forward line to play against the Cats. Merrett gets Mooney, Maguire gets JPod and Patfull gets Stevie J. Can't see where Staker would fit?

Could this be the game where Staker gets to live his dream of playing in the midfield?

Lets see the media bag us out for 'trading away our future' and having our traded players 'spotting young players from playing' when we are fielding such a young team. All we need from this game is for these guys to show us fight.

Maguire and Merrett to rotate on Pods and Mooney

Staker to Johnson

Patfull to have another crack at the tagging role and go to Chapman

A.Corn will probably have Scarlett playing off him

Lucky Geelong had a great win last week and have nothing to prove this week:eek::eek::eek::eek:

we could be in trouble!

Gotta remember that Maguire is a ruckman now

Geelong Cats
B: Josh Hunt - Matthew Scarlett - Tom Lonergan
HB: Corey Enright - Harry Taylor - James Kelly
C: Andrew Mackie - Cameron Ling - Joel Corey
HF: Paul Chapman - James Podsiadly - Gary Ablett
F: Steve Johnson - Cameron Mooney - Travis Varcoe
Foll: Brad Ottens - Joel Selwood - Jimmy Bartel
Int : Mathew Stokes, Mark Blake, David Wojcinski, Darren Milburn
Emerg: Simon Hogan, Taylor Hunt, Daniel Menzel

TJ is always dropped why does voss always drop him?

Apparently Travis and Vossy have both agreed that a "foot on the throat" approach is the way to get the best results from Trav.

I honestly hope we are smashed into oblivion by a number generated by keyboard smashing
219 we will lose by this and hopefully good riddance to that useless ranga we have for a coach!

This is a crap post.

Not a bad looking team on paper for a club that could be 15th on the ladder after this game....shades of 98.

I would leave Patfull in defence..it is where he has been very good....never liked the idea of the upfield role from the start but having said that trying something different is to be commended as long as it is rectified pronto if it doesn't work.

I'll be the odd man out - I reckon TJ has been hard done by. Playing down back with this rabble has been near impossible the last 10 weeks or so. Whenever he has got the ball - which has been plenty compared to alot of others - he usually has been given nothing to go to. When Brisbane has been good over the last couple of years he usually has played a part.
I wouldn't be surprised if he was blamed for global warming and shooting JFK!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back