Oppo Camp AFL Round 20 - Non Pies Games

Remove this Banner Ad

Swooop

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 29, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood
Round 20 kicks off Friday night again with WCE hosting the resurgent Cats, over in the west.

Personally i've no idea who'll win this and would be guessing completely.

The stumbling Eagles, but on their home ground with the advantages that brings them vs the Cats who are hitting top form at the right time.

Will be barracking for the Cats, as WCE, if in the top four, will be hard to beat in any games over there if we happen to meet them at any stage through the finals.

We need to be top four and have a tough run home to grab that.

The Cats have to be admired the way they fight on and never give up, so should be another cracker.

I will be going for Geelong, I agree if we can keep the Eagles away it will help us.

I suppose the other games of interest are Adelaide vs Freo and Essendon vs North.

True, Adelaide Freo should be interesting one, see where they're both at - Adelaide on their home ground, Freo won their last five to drive them towards eighth spot. Freo don't tend to travel well and might be short on talent wise vs the Crows anyhow.

NM and Essendon at Etihad Sun arvo 4.40 game. North 'owe' Bombers after McIntosh's famous post siren miss in their first clash. Essendon lose this and they're about done for the year.

Not sure what others think re who you'd prefer to play in a final ( hopefully it won't come to that!) both be pretty tough on their day - reckon we match up better and have more of a mental edge over NM. But both can be awesomely quick and skilful on their day. Go North for mine.

Saints should belt Melbourne Sat arvo.

GC Suns host GWS and would want to win this at home for sure.

Could Brisbane beat Carlton at Etihad - unlikely i guess. Can only hope.

Hawks have Port, with Buddha coaching his first game for them. I hope Port get flogged actually- I hate it when teams do really well after they've cooked their coach with their crapful displays then come out and play like champions.

Tiges host the Doggies at the MCG and sadly it's all too late for them now after the three heartbreaking losses they dished up for their poor, long suffering fans.

I hoping for a WCE win. If they do all we need to do is beat them at Patersons and win one of our other 3 games and we have top 4 locked in.

My Tips:

Eagles over Cats
Saints over Dees
Crows over Dockers
Giants over Suns(Tanking)
Blue over Lions
Power over Hawks
Tigers over Dogs
Roos over Bombers

why are we still discussing relying on others results ?
Because of the way we played last Saturday Night, and against both Hawthorn and Carlton.

We are not playing good football, so there's every chance we may lose one or more games before here and the end of the season, which means we will have to rely on other teams losing for us to make the top four.

That's why.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My Tips:

Eagles over Cats
Saints over Dees
Crows over Dockers
Giants over Suns(Tanking)
Blue over Lions
Power over Hawks
Tigers over Dogs
Roos over Bombers

Really? hahaha. I think it will be closer than what people think but jeez if Port wins I will be a very very happy man.
I think WCE will win and win well. **** the cats, I will rather play WCE over there then watch the Cats win. They beat us in the GF last year and there is no way I will have a soft spot for them.

As much as we all want us to win our remaining games, there is not alot wrong with wanting other results to go our way!!
Tonights game is so hard to pick, i think i'll just watch and make the best of the result, whichever way it pans out. Looking 3 weeks ahead, i hope we are in a position where the last rounds doesnt mean much to the bombers, because we will be looking to rest the big bloke, if not in that game, them maybe he will not head to the West.
To contradict my hope for the final round, the slight upset of the round i am looking at is Ess over North. Freo not without a chance either, good value i think.

I just saw that Chapman, James Kelly and josh hunt are all missing for cats. You would think with those outs, the game in Perth and the eagles keen to bounce back from a terrible game, that the eagles would be massive specials.

From a betting view, i thought bombers were great odds against Roos at 2.30. In saying that, i can't believe pies are 2.55 but this is other games thread.

Because of the way we played last Saturday Night, and against both Hawthorn and Carlton.

We are not playing good football, so there's every chance we may lose one or more games before here and the end of the season, which means we will have to rely on other teams losing for us to make the top four.

That's why.:cool:
It's time we started to play good footy or even results going our way won't be enough to save us come finals time.
Tomorrow is a big game and I havn't been pumped about a game like I am for this one all season. The odd's are against us, the media is against us and for us to win tomorrow it will lift the spirit of the team and give them belief that we can beat anyone and that we can win the flag. I think the playing group might have lost that belief by the way we have been playing recently.
We love it when everyone is against us.

Really? hahaha. I think it will be closer than what people think but jeez if Port wins I will be a very very happy man.
I think WCE will win and win well. **** the cats, I will rather play WCE over there then watch the Cats win. They beat us in the GF last year and there is no way I will have a soft spot for them.

How Often do a Team win when there Head Choached is Sacked?

It happens from time to time but not that often. We are also talking about the team that lost to GWS beating the premiership favourites.

and The week before that we beat GWS by 120pts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back