News AFL Season To Be Rebooted - in Simulation

Remove this Banner Ad

You’re welcome to take over.

I believe that would involve me doing something other than telling people like you to * off. And that's not what I'm about.

I'm responsible for originally penning the code/program/game that will be used. If you're a bit confused or simply have some questions, just ask. All these blokes above and myself can help you understand what it's all about. The most important element is that it's RANDOM, basically the equivalent of a bunch of dice rolls. Unless you believe in reiki, you can't affect the result. It's a spectator sport.

We normally play with our own nicknames, the site members, as the players, in a fake league with fake clubs. But this time it's going to be a league full of the actual AFL teams, with the names of the real lists as avatars for the players in this virtual competition. So it's like a "phantom season" of the AFL.

Again, I expect it to be a bit confusing for those who've never heard of Qooty or the Sweet FA. So by all means, ask your questions. Nothing is required of you except to consider the invitation to give the matches (text commentary) a watch and perhaps role-play a bit of the usual supporter shenanigans you'd get up to if it were real.

Hopefully we can give the massing horde something to cheer on (and even argue about!) during this testing time.
You sir - and I don’t say this to every second person - are a genius.

Gil should be in the phone to you offering to take it mainstream I reckon.

Plus, your random number generator is much more reliable than Razor Ray. Bravo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great idea to fill the void.

I am happy to help out and will take Carlton if they are free still.
Is this a valid offer? The Carlton coach has been sacked already.

Here is what it entails:

The basic role of each is to name the teams for each game. There will be games starting this Sunday; the threads are already up, and then, from next week there will be two games per week, on Wednesdays and Sundays, so it will be hectic at times.The initial teams are posted in the threads, these were determined by the real AFL round 1 selections minus the final 2 interchanges.

The other role that the organising group have chatted about is for the home captains to be responsible for starting the threads on the Main Board. Wooshette has asked Chief for an e-AFL prefix; for now, they are under the Preview prefix. These threads will need to be started on Mondays and Thursdays - as the home captain will be responsible, sometimes you might have to do it twice a week, some weeks none. Check the fixture, and I'll try to remind you all for the first few rounds as well.

A couple of the people in here have taken to this enthusiastically, and gone to their club moderators to involve the home boards in this

Is this a valid offer? The Carlton coach has been sacked already.

Here is what it entails:

The basic role of each is to name the teams for each game. There will be games starting this Sunday; the threads are already up, and then, from next week there will be two games per week, on Wednesdays and Sundays, so it will be hectic at times.The initial teams are posted in the threads, these were determined by the real AFL round 1 selections minus the final 2 interchanges.

The other role that the organising group have chatted about is for the home captains to be responsible for starting the threads on the Main Board. Wooshette has asked Chief for an e-AFL prefix; for now, they are under the Preview prefix. These threads will need to be started on Mondays and Thursdays - as the home captain will be responsible, sometimes you might have to do it twice a week, some weeks none. Check the fixture, and I'll try to remind you all for the first few rounds as well.

A couple of the people in here have taken to this enthusiastically, and gone to their club moderators to involve the home boards in this

Yeah it’s a serious offer.

I was a star of that comp before you even considered joining BF. Would be rude not to get involved.

So?

I like them and my family supports them. Plus I really want to beat The Filth Wizard so iit's Kosher.

Besides if you want the he Richmond folk to get involved in this competition do you really think putting NaturalDisaster in charge is a good idea? He's not very likeable

I'm on the Richmond board and no norf nuffy is ever going to step foot in our clubrooms. :thumbsdown: :mad:

Ant Bear ,

I have a 17-game season ready on my computer. I just need to divide the games into the rounds.

The first four rounds are ready, because AFL wanted to preserve them as they are. If you are interested, I can send it to you.

Ant Bear ,

I have a 17-game season ready on my computer. I just need to divide the games into the rounds.

The first four rounds are ready, because AFL wanted to preserve them as they are. If you are interested, I can send it to you.
Thanks, but we're ready to go. First game is as early as tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back