AFL v FIFA ..great publicity for footy whatever happens..

Remove this Banner Ad

The MCG would be one of the major stadiums of the World Cup if we had it, just like Soccer City in Jo'berg or Cape Town. Every match that would be played at the MCG would host games involving Australia and teams ranked seventh of higher in the world. Obviously you would use bigger grounds for bigger teams, thats how the world cup draw works.

You seem very confident about this.
Go on to youtube and watch a few WC games, look at the crowds.
It shows that there is no guarantee the grounds will be full.
Korea v Germany 1994
Columbia v Emirates 1990
these 2 are good examples

Examples back 20 years ago?

Why not go back to the 1930's?

that would depend on the group that's sent here now, wouldn't it ?

draws are slightly rigged in that way, bigger nations tend to play at the biggest stadiums.

for example- australia would be seed A1 (group a, position 1) meaning its 3 group games would be in syd, melb and brisbane.

all of the seeded nations would play in sydney, melbourne, brisbane, adelaide and perth. This is why the majority of the wc would be played within these 5 cities (7 stadiums planned in those 5 cities)

the smaller, non seeded nations would play in the smaller, regional areas.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

draws are slightly rigged in that way, bigger nations tend to play at the biggest stadiums.

for example- australia would be seed A1 (group a, position 1) meaning its 3 group games would be in syd, melb and brisbane.

all of the seeded nations would play in sydney, melbourne, brisbane, adelaide and perth. This is why the majority of the wc would be played within these 5 cities (7 stadiums planned in those 5 cities)

the smaller, non seeded nations would play in the smaller, regional areas.

Adelaide and Perth aren't even over the line yet.

Adelaide and Perth aren't even over the line yet.
i thought adelaide was, after the recent upgrade of adelaide oval?
aparently part of it was to make it upto fifa stadards (yes im sick of all these fifa rules as much as you guys)

perth, i got a feeling something will come up, even if it is a renovated subiaco. wouldnt be a smart move at all to leave the biggest state in australia out of the bid

i thought adelaide was, after the recent upgrade of adelaide oval?
aparently part of it was to make it upto fifa stadards (yes im sick of all these fifa rules as much as you guys)

perth, i got a feeling something will come up, even if it is a renovated subiaco. wouldnt be a smart move at all to leave the biggest state in australia out of the bid

I saw the plans for the new Adelaide Oval too - but there's still plenty of grumbling behind the scenes from a number of quarters - I'm not sure that it's a done deal.

I saw the plans for the new Adelaide Oval too - but there's still plenty of grumbling behind the scenes from a number of quarters - I'm not sure that it's a done deal.

Hang on a minute - only joined this month, most posts have been about stopping the World Cup coming to Australia, and has a inside knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes with confidential talks between the SACA/SANFL...

Andy D.??? :eek::eek:;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back