World Cup 2022 Qatar FIFA World Cup (Round of 16) - On SBS

Remove this Banner Ad

I really hope Portugal don't win it purely because Ronaldo does not deserve a WC. Not with the way he's carried himself.

Must drive him nuts that United improved significantly when he got the flick from Ten Haag there and now Portugal dominate Switzerland after he gets dropped.

If they get past Morocco England/Les Bleus are highly likely to take care of Portugal in the semis.

Last edited:
To shake up the tournament a bit as R16 have all went via way of seedings thus far I wouldn't mind seeing an upset tbh. Morocco is the only team left outside the world's top 20.
What odds were Morocco paying against Spain that is the real question?

I went to Lisbon and Porto while there. Done a fair bit of traveling in my time but Porto stands out as one of if not my absolute favourite places on Earth. So Portugal is my default once Australia goes out. Just a beautiful place. Would happily retire there.

Agree the dark maroon looks great.

This kit is their best I've seen.

I really hope Portugal don't win it purely because Ronaldo does not deserve a WC. Not with the way he's carried himself.

I like Portugal but fk me it's impossible to cheer them on with the spoilt brat sooking it up constantly.

to be fair to him, he did celebrate the goals emphatically.

on the flip side, the fanfare and sheer orgasmic chanting from utd supporters when he returned is in stark contrast to the silence from said persons

Must drive him nuts that United improved significantly when he got the flick from Ten Haag there and now Portugal dominate Switzerland after he gets dropped.

If they get past Morocco England/Les Bleus are highly likely to take care of Portugal in the semis.

Funny and interesting that morocco are in consecutive do or die games playing countries from the Iberian peninsula.

Cameron Devlin may not have played a minute at the WC but picks himself up Lionel Messi's jersey from his 1000th career game. A very special souvenir indeed.

There have been so many excuses made for Ronaldo this season with many fans clinging on to the idea that his club performances only dipped because he was unhappy, and that he'd deliver again in a new environment. Surely no one can watch this mornings game and still believe that the end hasn't arrived for him.

Both United and Portugal look like completely different teams without him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably the most pointless post in this thread.
A twitter post from one England player complimenting another with a stupid picture collage?

Thanks for sharing.

Glad you appreciated it :D :D :D

Were you at the airport to greet Goodwin? Amazing scenes, things are happening in Adelaide!

Cameron Devlin may not have played a minute at the WC but picks himself up Lionel Messi's jersey from his 1000th career game. A very special souvenir indeed.

I saw a few tweets criticising Australian players for getting photos with Messi when they had just lost the game. But on the other hand the Australian player who asked for and got Messi’s shirt was one who walked onto the pitch at the end of the game and not the 11 Australian players who were closer to Messi on the pitch at the end of the game. 😂

Last edited:
Devlin has a career in coaching post-career. Achieving the incredible honour of getting Messi's shirt without playing a minute highlights his credentials. The strategic nous and cunning ruthlessness he utilised could become the outside the box thinking that wins Australia a world cup 😉

He left the pitch as the rest of the team were celebrating with fans.

Also looked miserable when Ramos scored the first.

As usual, it's all about him. He would have known he didn't get a touch on the Bruno Fernandes cross in the Uruguay game yet he still claimed the goal off his team mate. Twat.

Portugal will easily dispose of England but not France. Mbappe is too good, only player I'd lose sleep for. But England hahaha yeah nope. Even with CR7 on the bench they will destroy England.

Spain's exit from this World Cup was basically a mirror image of what happened in Russia. Against Russia in 2018, they made about 10000000 passes for the match, score one goal, didn't look like scoring more than once and then lost on penalties. Against Morocco, they made about 10000000 passes and lost on penalties. This time though, they didn't score at all. Not even from the penalty spot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back