AFLW AFLW Fantasy Trades thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve got $586k.

Defence looks solid apart from Thomas crappy performance.

Mids solid except Smith. Do I trade her to Anthony? Then do I need Bri Davey?

Ruck I’m ok with Scholz/Hoare duo.

Forwards reasonably happy with exception of Antonio. She could be the one that becomes Davey. Paxman also a small issue. Not a great role. Molloy probably the play here

Trades will be interesting.

DEF i'll leave. Mostly fine besides Thomas and Brown scoring meh. Scanlon was a nice surprise scoring wise.

MID will likely be bringing Bowers back in if she is right to go. Dowrick solid, Dawes ok, Miller tagged out of it as my Bowers fill in, and Riddell and Swanson excellent. Brisbane also have Port next week so hopefully Belle can take advantage

RUC Strom fantastic.

FWD only real downer was Lily Poss, rest were great. Punting on Nic Barr's new role worked nicely.

Bench will likely hold Smith, FWD bench may need a change.

I can't even get Bowers back in with one trade and with 700k in the bank. It could be a play to wait a week to get her in considering how big the changes are.
Yeah if she's carrying something and goes sub 100 then could be huge swing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having to completely change my plans with the price changes, was set on Grider/Thomas down and a mid up but that’s not possible any more, to be honest kind of hope Bowers is out so I can restructure using the money from her down to Garner.

Posted this on the SCS site too and would like to know WTF is going on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm completely confused as to how the price rises have been calculated, for instance.

Nanscawen priced at 21 scored 47pts over that for a price rise of 130k which = $2,766/pt

Anthony also priced at 21 scored 78pts over for a price rise of 223k which = $2,859/pt

S Watson priced at 36 scored 10pts over for a price rise of 11k which = $1,100/pt

I'm really stumped as to how I can plan ahead, do the above examples mean that there's a sliding scale for the value of price rises relative to the starting price? ie: If Anthony scores 100pts over her BE then is the price rise calculated at $1,100/pt or some other arbitrary amount?

Bowers out has helped do some other changes that were completely unrealistic based on the price rises if I hadn’t. Downside no longer have Bowers.

Smith > Anthony no idea if this is a good move given we can’t see BE but assume she will rocket to an easy trade to a premium on another line.
Antonio > Davey fixed a massive mistake on 2 fronts and gives me potentially 5 premo mids if we count Bonnici as one.

Paxman > Molloy don’t love this but Molloy clearly a full time mid based on the CBA count and Paxy had * all.

Leaves me with Postlethwaite/Fitzpatrick at F5 so hopefully Anthony sky rockets real fast lol

Going with this, but it means I greed on the bench and am left with two potential duds in Fitzpatrick and Busch. I'm not willing to pay 200k for a bench rookie (missing Luke and Anthony). Swanson not really a trade out but did her job as Bowers replacement, but I saw enough from Presparkis to think she'll be a top 3 mid and my main captain. Have 0 interest in Bowers off knee soreness for that price. Will wait it out.

1693810879790.png

1693811102541.png

Don't think I can reasonably keep Bowers given how volatile these prices are.

Bowers -> Davey
Postlethwaite -> J Parry
T Smith -> Anthony

I figure picking up Anthony is still worthwile. If a 99 can see her shoot up 220k, her BE must have tanked hard so even a score of 40 will see her go up in significant value.

Even after those trades I have over 300k left. There's going to be a big mental shift around money management from the men's game!

Posted this on the SCS site too and would like to know WTF is going on?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm completely confused as to how the price rises have been calculated, for instance.

Nanscawen priced at 21 scored 47pts over that for a price rise of 130k which = $2,766/pt

Anthony also priced at 21 scored 78pts over for a price rise of 223k which = $2,859/pt

S Watson priced at 36 scored 10pts over for a price rise of 11k which = $1,100/pt

I'm really stumped as to how I can plan ahead, do the above examples mean that there's a sliding scale for the value of price rises relative to the starting price? ie: If Anthony scores 100pts over her BE then is the price rise calculated at $1,100/pt or some other arbitrary amount?
Yeah I noticed this too. Marinoff scored almost exactly her priced at and dropped 58k, Paxman scored roughly 17 below hers and dropped 88k

After some play with the trade machine, some early trade thoughts, really trying to balance money management and upgrades

Miller to A-Mac/Rowbottom/Prespakis. All three are gun players and tackling machines and tough to split

Brown to EOD- Watched the Derby yesterday and she looked very solid in defence for Freo and looks very capable of higher scoring.

Third trade who knows haha

Hmm, I don't know what to do. Wait for more news I guess.
Selling Bowers makes sense, but who to spend it on?

If I get Davey and fix rookies that will leave me with a ton of cash left.
Bowers -> Davey
Gee -> Anthony
Pinchin -> Scanlon
I have 607k left over which seems like too much??

Or I go with someone more expensive than Davey on the basis of hamstrings and have corresponding amount less left.
205k left if G Prespakis.

Or there is the jcp-inspired ignore bench option
Bowers -> Prespakis
Gee -> Davey (Nanscawen to bench)
Thomas -> Scanlon
119k left.

Scanlon could be a flash in the pan, and leaves me with two duds on the bench. But Smith might start scoring.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back