Women's Footy AFLW season 2023 - Season 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Did Ashley sharp ever play again after getting pregnant? Obviouslt Turbo is a lot different, but it can take a long time for the body to get back to what it was.
Yeah mate, she played waflw

Then she walked away from footy to raise her kids

Edit: turbo already has a kid I believe, so I doubt she is gonna walk away, also she is absolutely elite in training standards and driven enough to win a league b and f

Edit: turbo already has a kid I believe, so I doubt she is gonna walk away, also she is absolutely elite in training standards and driven enough to win a league b and f
Daisy Pearce did have twins and came back. Hopefully turbo has a couple more seasons left in her

I did kinda forget we picked up McCarthy, Newts and Brazil

Bowers actually a massive loss this year then

Brazill is already like 34 so might only last a season or 2 here

My theory with Brazill is a year or 2, but the end goal is to coach.

She'll be 34 by the time she even thinks about returning to footy.
Dana Hooker was back playing football within 3 weeks of giving birth... but Bowers is going to wait 13 months before even thinking about it??

Dana Hooker was back playing football within 3 weeks of giving birth... but Bowers is going to wait 13 months before even thinking about it??
Forgot that they changed the start date of the season to August. I still had end of the year in my head so there would’ve been 12 months between giving birth and the next season starting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Bowers is not good at all.

Could look at it from a diminishing returns perspective I suppose. That's she's another year older and slightly more likely to perform further away from her peak and have more injury time.

Is Gabby Newton injured?

Noticed on the Insta feed she's running with Ebs ( i think) and the shot from full training is of her walking

the first kid was given birth by her partner Adele so this is Kiras first birth. so depending on how she goes with all that will depend whether she returns

the first kid was given birth by her partner Adele so this is Kiras first birth. so depending on how she goes with all that will depend whether she returns
Well yeah obviously but she isn't gonna like give up footy because she had kids like sharp did

Sharp said she was moving into the next phase of her life when she hung em up, changed priorities etc

Kiara has already moved into that stage

the rebuild continues i guess since i glory days of 2020..

going to be awhile i think until we are at that level. we lost too many good players

What I liked most from that was the realisation that if you need someone to take a mark inside fifty and then kick the goal you're inviting mistakes, so take the shot at goal running to the F50 arc and kick it yourself.

Even if you miss the side can structure for pressuring it and locking it in. The dropped mark and spillage is a chaos outcome because it's usually right in the corridor and everyone is out of position - running hard on the rebound against you.

Good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back