After we went 7 Up in the 3rd Quarter...

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I fully expected us to run out of puff somewhere around half way through the third quarter but I was still very disappointed how it materialised. Immediately after Wells scored that game lifting goal to put us 7 points up our setup at the next two bounces in the middle were inexplicable. It's like we were completely switched off. The Swans didn't even need to try to win the ball as we just stood off and let them have it. It led to 2 quick goals and the Swans went on a roll. Wells still was not greedy enough even when he was so obviously on fire. He got the ball when we we were still in it and I was sure he was going to take it on again and drill it from 50. Instead he just looked around and laid it off to a lesser individual! Also, when we were still in it Harvey inexplicably, to my mind, did not take on a difficult set shot that I know any one of the Swans forwards would have done. Instead we messed around and left the responsibility to Bastinac to eventually have the shot. Unsurprisingly he shanked it. I know we wouldn't have won in any case but that little period served to totally demoralise the team. We should have gone in at three quarter time more or less all square, I reckon.

It's all a blur but I accept what you say. I reckon Wellsy's getting back to being prepared to shoot for goal after handballing and passing off far too much in the past. I can't criticise Wellsy on yesterday's game.

And it's not like Boomer to not have a shot when he gets the ball within 100 metres of the goals.;)

As for Bastinac (and Ziebell for that matter) - they're going to be excellent players. However, they don't inspire much confidence when they're kicking for goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back