AIS vs NZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Sphynx

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 10, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As apposed to the previous couple of years the AIS traveled to NZ for their yearly trip away.

Jack Billings and Luke McDonald were the two best for the AIS, both are in the Vic Metro side for the champs.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128298/default.aspx

FINAL SCORE
New Zealand 4.1 4.3 6.3 6.3 (39)
Australia 3.2 9.4 12.12 19.16 (130)

GOALS
Australia: Jack Billings 4, Jack Martin 3, Clayton McCartney 2, Luke Dunstan 2, Dylan Loo, Ben Lennon, Jess Hogan, Cain Tickner, Billy Hartung, Sam Garstone, Dallas Willsmore, Matt Scharenberg
New Zealand: Adam Campbell 2, Andrew Christenson, Kurt Heatherley, Shem Tatupu, Khan Haretuku

BEST
Australia:
Jack Billings, Luke McDonald, Billy Hartung, Jess Hogan, James Aish, Ben Lennon, Luke Dunstan, Matt Scharenberg
New Zealand: Kurt Heatherley, Michael Gregson, Adam Campbell, Andrew Chrighton, Sami Turiupo, Khan Haretuku

As apposed to the previous couple of years the AIS traveled to NZ for their yearly trip away.

Jack Billings and Luke McDonald were the two best for the AIS, both are in the Vic Metro side for the champs.

New Zealand is not much Completion Though

Too bad Jessie Aish was crap and his cousins good. The father son rile is just around to piss off Adelaide supporters.

Gun.

I'd say from what I've seen of them; Luke McDonald, Jack Martin and James Aish would be vying for the #1 tag at this stage.

Funnily enough, 2 of the best 3 players could be unavailable to be drafted with Martin almost certainly will be the focus of GWS mini draft v2, and the Kangaroos look like getting a Marc Murphy style father-son.

Too bad Jessie Aish was crap and his cousins good. The father son rile is just around to piss off Adelaide supporters.

And long may it continue ... ;)

Gun.

I'd say from what I've seen of them; Luke McDonald, Jack Martin and James Aish would be vying for the #1 tag at this stage.

Funnily enough, 2 of the best 3 players could be unavailable to be drafted with Martin almost certainly will be the focus of GWS mini draft v2, and the Kangaroos look like getting a Marc Murphy style father-son.
Can't wait to get luke into north, its a shame we have to wait till 2013

More info on the Aish boys, sons of Andrew & Michael, who is who?

James is son of Andrew.

Jesse and Joel (both >20yo) are Michael's lads.

Joel had the talent but not the application. He and Bassett didn't exactly get along.

How close was Andrew Aish to father son eligibility?

edit: Just checked. Played 89 games. Dammit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Footage of the game is up on the AFL website.

Video highlights of Jack Billings, Luke McDonald, James Aish, Jesse Hogan, Jack Martin and Kurt Heatherly.

Looks like a bumper crop again imo.

McDonald, Aish and Martin look like elite talents.

Aish reminds me alot of Hamish Hartlett, with the side steps and the way he drops the ball to foot etc and his running style.

McDonald, jesz, North have a bargain, 6"2 utility that can kick the ball around 50-60m as a 16 year old, with explosive pace, will be interesting to see how he goes in the championships for Vic Metro.

Billings will do well in the champs, the kind of type that will kick 2-3 a game, smart, polished, and step it up next year.

The snippets ive seen of Martin are good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back