Albert Collier- A God Amongst Men

Remove this Banner Ad

No one holding LEGEND status should be in before this bloke repeat NO ONE
Best player in the league in its glory years...
GREATEST RECORD IN FOOTBALL

HOW'S HE NOT IN?
He's not in for the same reasons not one Collingwood player was named in the team of the century, why there's no Collingwood player or coach (ie Jock McHale) statue at the MCG.

He absolutely should be in - should already have been in. However, he played for Collingwood...

Fantastic player.

Genuine claims to be Centre Half Back of all time team.

Certainly has everything to be a Legend.

We need ALL. Fair dinkum footy followers to ask why
If you polled ALL. Current members , he'd be next in
MOST RESPECTED PLAYER OF HIS TIME

He's not in for the same reasons not one Collingwood player was named in the team of the century, why there's no Collingwood player or coach (ie Jock McHale) statue at the MCG.

He absolutely should be in - should already have been in. However, he played for Collingwood...

We need a strong campaign
Shame all the journos and the voters
Lets get em to explain

Fantastic player.

Genuine claims to be Centre Half Back of all time team.

Certainly has everything to be a Legend.
I'd settle for a HBF for Albert Collier in that team, but he should have been in it somewhere! Along with Jack Regan he had a massive claim on a spot. Collier, Regan and Dick Lee achieved considerably more than the game's latest official Legend (Malcolm Blight) in their careers. Blight was a brilliant player, absolutely no doubt about that, yet our trio were a long way in front of him in terms of how dominant they were in their era.

Those making these crucial selections have an obvious preference for modern day players. Of course it looks better to name someone like Blight who is still alive and can put in an appearance at the ceremony night. Plus of course there's plenty of tv footage of him to show, while with our 'genuine legends' there's almost nothing. I would like to see the club push really hard for Lee to be an official Legend (I have said this once or twice over the years!), and Collier should be next in line.

In general, I tend to ignore conspiracy theories, but the fact that our club has contributed so much over the years, we've had so much success and so many wonderful players yet we've been snubbed so badly in terms of Legend/ToTC selection, makes it hard not to think something dubious is going on regarding this!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back