All Elite Wrestling (On Triller TV and ESPN)

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok folks. This thread has seen some heated and divisive chat that is taking discussion away from the week to week product. Going forward any WWE vs AEW related discussion should take place here. Examples of this are obviously the CM Punk, Ospreay and Triple H type stuff.

While constructive critisism is fine, repetitive opionions that have no intention of producing good faith discussion will be deleted. Repeat offenders will end up with thread bans. You're all clever enough to know the difference.

Also, those with any issues with posts, don't engage and further flame the unnecessary back and forth. Please use the report button.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tony needs to get this sorted soon. I'm not sure how he would go in the WWE but him leaving with hurt AEW alot.

He won’t stay with them.

For guys like Bryan Mox and Punk they have been there done that so AEW is a great fit for them but to a lot of the younger guys like MJF Wardlow etc WWE would still be top of the mountain and the end goal. Only natural to feel that way when it’s been the biggest wrestling company over a long period of time.

How much of the moron is Khan not to have this s**t sorted already.
Maybe he can’t sort it? Like I said I most of the younger group that haven’t been there they probably ideally think WWE is the end goal as for a majority of them trying to get into the business it was the only “big” place to aspire to get to before AEW come along?

Maybe he can’t sort it? Like I said I most of the younger group that haven’t been there they probably ideally think WWE is the end goal as for a majority of them trying to get into the business it was the only “big” place to aspire to get to before AEW come along?

Or more likely than not it's all about the $$$.

Or more likely than not it's all about the $$$.
Part of it would be $$ but at the same time Tony probably can offer just as much.

I am not trying to say this in the way of WWE vs AEW but for a lot of the talent growing up aside from the guys who have been there already and your seasoned indy pro's the younger generation would have grown up with WWE as the "get to point" Bright lights and world wide appeal , does someone like MJF love "wrestling" or the entertainment side of it? I don't see him enough in the ring to say he is an in ring work horse and would love the freedom AEW have in the ring? I think only 4-5 matches this year and we are almost half way through the year.

My comparison would be your Sammy and Darby types - they are in the ring frequently and the crazy s**t they do they probably love the AEW freedom which suits them, maybe MJF is the type that isn't as passionate about in between the ropes?

He may well be a watered down version of himself there but if its not until 2024 they will be looking for the next big things over in WWE. Roman is winding down, there isn't really any out and out stars in wrestling right now anywhere. AJ and Randy winding down. If MJF went across he would be in that top bracket with Seth, KO, Cody, Lashley and Drew. Talk about timing obviously there was Roman to step up when Cena went but there isn't that guy waiting in the wings there which really has opened up the door for Cody to jump across and potentially be the top guy on Raw and MJF could easily be placed straight into the top over there in 2 years time. If you were talking about 5 years ago you would have said he would have jumped across and be stuck in that mid level range and you would say he would be insane to jump over but the timing couldn't be any more perfect for him to do so if that is what he wants to do.

Last edited:
Part of it would be $$ but at the same time Tony probably can offer just as much.

I am not trying to say this in the way of WWE vs AEW but for a lot of the talent growing up aside from the guys who have been there already and your seasoned indy pro's the younger generation would have grown up with WWE as the "get to point" Bright lights and world wide appeal , does someone like MJF love "wrestling" or the entertainment side of it? I don't see him enough in the ring to say he is an in ring work horse and would love the freedom AEW have in the ring? I think only 4-5 matches this year and we are almost half way through the year.

My comparison would be your Sammy and Darby types - they are in the ring frequently and the crazy s**t they do they probably love the AEW freedom which suits them, maybe MJF is the type that isn't as passionate about in between the ropes?

He may well be a watered down version of himself there but if its not until 2024 they will be looking for the next big things over in WWE. Roman is winding down, there isn't really any out and out stars in wrestling right now anywhere. AJ and Randy winding down. If MJF went across he would be in that top bracket with Seth, KO, Cody, Lashley and Drew. Talk about timing obviously there was Roman to step up when Cena went but there isn't that guy waiting in the wings there which really has opened up the door for Cody to jump across and potentially be the top guy on Raw and MJF could easily be placed straight into the top over there in 2 years time. If you were talking about 5 years ago you would have said he would have jumped across and be stuck in that mid level range and you would say he would be insane to jump over but the timing couldn't be any more perfect for him to do so if that is what he wants to do.

I think he would certainly love the freedom he has with his promos which is his bread and butter...

I also worry about his size in WWE, he's not exactly the biggest guy. Who knows how much longer Vince has left though, might not matter.

I think he would certainly love the freedom he has with his promos which is his bread and butter...

I also worry about his size in WWE, he's not exactly the biggest guy. Who knows how much longer Vince has left though, might not matter.
The size thing has been way over hyped. Kevin Owens who has the body shape that you could assume Vince would hate got to headline WM with one of the most iconic names in wrestling, Seth isn't exactly huge and has had 10 years of being at or around the top, Cody has come back and is essentially the main man on Raw. Finn Balor was the first champ when the new belt came in.... AJ Styles has had some reigns with the belt, got Takers last ever match and he ain't a huge guy.

IF he goes across he would be fine he will be a star either way if he stays or goes

Tony needs to get this sorted soon. I'm not sure how he would go in the WWE but him leaving with hurt AEW alot.

Agree. Throw him an extra 2-3 mil on an extended contract until 2028. Nip it in the bud now! Although it could be MJF just trolling though….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another way to look at it is, how smart is MJF playing both sides to increase his value. He still has 18 months to up his worth.

No different to free agents holding off contract talks until the end of the season.

This exactly, he is well served to have a bidding war. Then after both sides max their offer he can consider the other things.

Yeah and the smaller guys that have success there are all elite wrestlers which I wouldn't put MJF as at this stage of his career. Feel like he would need a faction or Warlow v2 over there and not sure if that's their style. He'd still be elite on the mic but certainly not as good as he is with the extra freedom at the moment.

It would most likely be a disaster for both AEW and MJF tbh, lose lose.

Hopefully they sort it out.
Don't see how it would be a loss for MJF to get a bigger contract with WWE and potentially far more exposure.

He's not like guys like Mox, Bryan, Jericho and Punk who have already been there and done that. Of all the young AEW talent, he is by far the best and brightest prospect, and therefore has the best chance of making it as a big star, and his best shot of doing that is with the WWE. Making the most money, too.

WWE could very well drop the ball with him like they have many others, or things could go awry for other reasons, but he'd still get the money, and he could always come back to the smaller promotion. But you can't really expect a guy like him to pass up the opportunity.

Khan either needs to offer the world in terms of money or demonstrate that AEW will soon be able to give the same kind of mainstream exposure and elevation, but the promotion has basically been stagnant in terms of viewership since inception.

Punk stuff is out of the way, too. Great feud, and one everyone wanted to see, but now it's done. What else is left for him in AEW? Just a main event run with the title, but Khan is set on boring elite guys occupying that spot on the card.

With his skillset, he could do interesting stuff in WWE. Plenty of guys to work with where the promo and character work make for more compelling viewing than the heavy work rate emphasis you get with AEW and that doesn't necessarily play to MJF's strengths or appeal.

Don't see how it would be a loss for MJF to get a bigger contract with WWE and potentially far more exposure.

With his skillset, he could do interesting stuff in WWE. Plenty of guys to work with where the promo and character work make for more compelling viewing than the heavy work rate emphasis you get with AEW and that doesn't necessarily play to MJF's strengths or appeal.

Plenty I disagree with in your post but I'm not keen on turning the AEW thread into a WWE thread so I'll just respond to this; MJF is the most featured promo on AEW programming and has been for some time, this is a truly weird statement.

I agree the monetary thing is important, but nobody knows how much emphasis MJF puts on being the character he wants to be.

Anyway, enough talk about hypotheticals years off and another company.

Why'd he change his name?

Probably a WWE thing, so if he did get a contract, the WWE could then trademark that name. A bit like Walter is now Gunther, Pete Dunn is Butch. Why they changed Jon Moxley to Dean Ambrose and Tyler Black to Seth Rollins ect. It’s very rare that a performer gets to keep a former name or use their real name.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back