Mod. Notice ALL MEMBERS READ – Your input wanted re: New Jumpers for 2014

How do you want "New Jumpers for 2014" to be structured?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
So there's been a bit of confusion/discussion lately over the way we're going to handle the "New Jumpers for 2014" situation. Of course, last year we had a thread that was about 6,000 replies long and had people asking the same questions and posting the same jumpers (that we'd already seen) pretty regularly. It was a great haven of discussion but it wasn't really organised.

When I shut that down mid-year and started up the weekly threads, it's been a great success (imo). People that weren't previously involved have been posting up their predictions and getting involved in the board. It's now more inviting for newcomers to join the discussion.

This is just my view, but I feel like another big "megathread" documenting all the New Jumpers for 2014 would be no good. I think it'd alienate outside viewers (whenever I see the 7,000 reply transfer thread on the soccer board, I feel the same way) and we would get the same discussion going round and round.

My proposal is for new threads to be created for each release (or rumour), with the yellow News tag (which unfortunately we haven't seen a lot of). Although this will mean the creation of more threads, in a roundabout way it actually makes the board more streamlined. Along with individual threads, we would have one locked and stickied thread at the top of the board which lists all confirmed changes only. Thanks to akkaps for that suggestion.

Please vote in the poll above and put in your thoughts below so I can continue to make this board "the people's board" :):thumbsu:

I don't mind individual threads for each design, but as the news gets old, and the thread is lost, a link and pics to the and of the confirmation would be good.

To continue my idea, if the thread could be sorted by club from A-Z, not in chronological order of us finding out.

Yeah that's what the stickied thread would likely do. Good stuff

OOOR

Minor AFL Guernsey Template Changes for 2014

New AFL Guernsey Designs for 2014

New AFL Merchandise (like ISC, KooGa ranges etc etc)

New SANFL/VFL/WAFL/NEAFL Jumpers for 2014 (catch all type thread for state league levels)

New Kits/Whatever for other sports for 2014

OOOR

New SANFL/VFL/WAFL/NEAFL Jumpers for 2014 (catch all type thread for state league levels)

Liking these four.

We'll have a "sugar daddy" catch-all thread throughout the year as well, because a lot of the minor ones aren't really thread worthy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry Gibbsy, I'm changing my vote.

Phone crashed, I got annoyed/impatient, thought the first option would be better. Then I read the OP after I voted and...yeah.

I agree with all your points Gibbsy. Option 2 for individual threads :thumbsu:

So it is 6 / 9 rather than 7 / 8. Still pretty close

So:
  • Minor Jumper Changes for 2014
  • Official AFL Merchandise for 2014
  • State League Jumpers for 2014
  • Non-AFL Uniform Changes for 2014
+ a new thread for each new major design change?
Could make a workshop equivalent for those as well, similar to 2014 AFL Jumper Ideas.

OOOR

This is definitely my preference. Don't like the idea of individual threads for literally every small announcement, but this just sorts it into nice categories.

OOOR

THIS.

OOOR

Yeah that sounds just about perfect. Perhaps the template and design threads could be merged as they are discussing very similar things (a template change could change a design, thus the same thing would be discussed in two threads).

What about a thread for each team, rather than one for each jumper release, with confirmed details in the first post of each thread and a stickied directory thread of all the team threads?

What about a thread for each team, rather than one for each jumper release, with confirmed details in the first post of each thread and a stickied directory thread of all the team threads?
Not all teams will change their jumper. For example, the only change that might be made on the Adelaide is a team logo on the chest. I'm not saying this'll happen but that'd be the only change. No need to create a whole thread for one comment

Okay so it looks like the mob has spoken, one thread it is! I'll clean up the 2014 Jumper Ideas and merge some stuff in. Will have the OP updated with new jumpers as they come in -- official links only though.

Back