Moved Thread All Things Jack Viney - re-signed until 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

He will be better than Nat Jones next year...

I know we are crying for a midfield, but i have maintained all along we are not that far off.. Viney and Jones will be outstanding, we just need Matt Jones, Dean Kent, Toumpas, Clisby (first year players) to progress sharply or Trengove, Sylvia, Howe to reach some potential in this area.

I honestly think that Matt Jones and Kent, will become very good mids next year with another pre-season..

If we could draft one ready made star, then we will make vast improvements in this area.

Love Jack Viney who will be a star but Nathan Jones is in my opinion close to the best mid in the comp - so tough, so reliable, absolute champion!!!!

Well deserved. Should have got it in round 1.team let him down.

Good effort by Jack in an otherwise dismal season. Let's hope that he can stay injury-free and can develop well. Hopefully he drags Toumpas along as well, who has been a big let-down this year.

He could have been given it in round 1 (and several other rounds) too. Guy is gonna be a champ. Just love the way he goes about it. I hope we set up a solid midfield around him. He's the the most exciting young player I've seen at Melbourne in a long time. Serious man crush.

Good effort by Jack in an otherwise dismal season. Let's hope that he can stay injury-free and can develop well. Hopefully he drags Toumpas along as well, who has been a big let-down this year.
Toump was get there. He just needs some more time, confidence and support. Not all players are ready made for AFL standard.

Wouldn't have been surprised if Grundy got it instead, although he will most likely still be eligible next year so maybe they took that into account.

Its nice recognition for Jack though after a tough year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Viney averages 9.91 contested possessions this year, ranked 1 of all first year players

Viney averages 5.09 clearances this year, ranked 1 of all first year players.

He ranks above Omeara, Wines and Crouch in those key areas.

Those 3 will finish higher in the rising star award at the end of the year because they pick up uncontested possessions as they have team mates that can get them the ball, he will suffer in the results because he plays for Melbourne but he is up there with them if not ahead of them.

I'm not sure what everyone expected of this kid in his first year, he came off hip surgery last year and hasn't really come into a team that is filled with experience leaders. I thought his game against Geelong gave us a decent idea of what he is capable of and all this against one of the better teams.
D-20 Tackles-7 clearances-3 Contested P-9

As for Viney...he is a superstar in the making...I'm pumped for this coming weekend just to watch him play!

Let's just be happy that we have him, that we got him cheaply (in draft terms), and that he looks like a superstar. We don't wanna turn Norf supporters with a "but what about us!! look at me!!" attitude.

Viney averages 9.91 contested possessions this year, ranked 1 of all first year players

Viney averages 5.09 clearances this year, ranked 1 of all first year players.

He ranks above Omeara, Wines and Crouch in those key areas.

Those 3 will finish higher in the rising star award at the end of the year because they pick up uncontested possessions as they have team mates that can get them the ball, he will suffer in the results because he plays for Melbourne but he is up there with them if not ahead of them.

Also because Jack's will have only played 13 games by seasons end..

Someone asked me while i was down in melbourne (live in sydney) why i would put my self through the pain of watching freo dismatle us. My answer was simply.. Jack viney.

I'm not sure what everyone expected of this kid in his first year, he came off hip surgery last year and hasn't really come into a team that is filled with experience leaders.

Fair call. I suppose there was so much hype surrounding this guy before the draft and that it was a mini-coup that we landed him, was hoping that he would dominate a game like Scully's game vs the Bulldogs - something to really show. Aside from a couple of games from Viney, we haven't had much joy from our youngsters for many years.

Fair call. I suppose there was so much hype surrounding this guy before the draft and that it was a mini-coup that we landed him, was hoping that he would dominate a game like Scully's game vs the Bulldogs - something to really show. Aside from a couple of games from Viney, we haven't had much joy from our youngsters for many years.

Not really and issue, we got one youngster who cant play yet and the other picks in the draft are all older and have done well (M jones/terlich/kent)

Toump didnt come on straightaway but thats not an issue in my mind.

Not really and issue, we got one youngster who cant play yet and the other picks in the draft are all older and have done well (M jones/terlich/kent)

Toump didnt come on straightaway but thats not an issue in my mind.

Kent isn't mature aged!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back