All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

People going off on too many tangents and chasing rabbits down dead ends.

Forget the politics - for heavens sake they have all consistently failed to do their public duty.

Focus on what needs to change in what we as members of local, state and federal communities can achieve without either the pollies or activists - neither of which are remotely interested in solving the problems so long as they can gain political mileage or click bait from them.

Look at what Celeste has achieved in such a short time - THAT is LEADERSHIP - if our pollies and activists had an ounce of shame (NO they don't) they would be hanging their heads.

Don't look for leadership from above - it simply won't happen.

Communities coming together and working together for the good of the community and the wider community of our planet.

That is the only SLIM hope of having any impact on our changed climate reality.

i am not going to argue with cherry picked statements from the past of which the whole of your post is because that is like arguing over fairytales. Everything you have posted is irrelevant. Its posted to argue predictions that didn't come true. The problem is if you dont predict and try and fix them then catastrophes will happen. Trying to prevent catastrophies, whether they will happen or not is needed and any anything else is short sighted. We have to trust the scientists because they are as close to the truth as we can get.
This blame game has got to stop. It serves nothing except the ego of the blamer

That's a bit rich, the blame for any natural disaster these days is placed squarely at the feet of so called Climate deniers. It almost has a religious fervor about it. Oh, and which scientists do we trust? There are many who question the climate alarmism currently erupting all over the world. They are mocked, denigrated and for the most part deplatformed as heretics for daring to question the extremism of so many climate alarmists. I thought science was all about questioning and being skeptical about everything and the idea that the "science is settled" goes against everything science is supposed to represent. Every theory and hypothesis should be relentlessly probed, questioned, doubted and criticized. That's what good scientists do.

You have failed to address the fact that until India and China agree to limit their carbon footprint any thing we do is a pointless exercise in virtue signaling while destroying our economy. If we take scientist who believe the climate catastrophe story then billions of dollars will be spent and wasted in a futile effort to change the world's climate. Tell the people who won't have a job and the industries which will be destroyed that it is short sighted if we don't do everything the fanatics demand!

I cannot comprehend your logic. You claim we should bow to the wisdom of scientists when they make predictions and forecasts. I suggest that they may be unwise given their track record on many different things. I provide evidence of past predictions which proved to be completely and at times outrageously inaccurate. You say these examples are cherry picked and you will not respond to any of them. How can I refute the notion that scientists should always be believed unless I can show how often they have been proven wrong? let's simplify it. I cited Tim Flannery who was hugely influential as far as government decisions regarding climate change are concerned. He has made a number of what have proven to be, shockingly inaccurate predictions based on the science. Has he apologised? Has he said he was wrong? No. He just digs his heels in and keeps predicting. I still don't know how much Flannery was paid for his expert advice. I just want to know if he gave it back. :rolleyes:

Do you seriously believe that our world will be on the brink of catastrophe if nothing is done? I think the Great Barrier Reef has "died" ten times in the past thirty years. Hilarious. I did ask you to tell me what personal steps you have taken to save the planet. I hope you are more than just another keyboard warrior!

Last edited:
Australia is the worst CO2 polluter per head of population in the world. This pathetic argument that 'let's do nothing because we aren't so large' is not going to fly with rest of the world. How do we expect China and India to cease when we are not willing to do anything? It won't be too long before the rest of the world tells us to stick our coal up our arse. If we haven't transitioned then, our economy will be in a mess. And that could be very soon. The investment community have transitioned massively over the last 10 years.

I think it's a very sensible argument. Are you truly naïve enough to believe that China and India (or the rest of the world) give a flying fruitcake about what example we are setting? What a patronizing and condescending attitude you have! It's almost as if you believe we have to show these countries the right way to behave as they are incapable of seeing the light without our guidance. It sounds positively colonial. "We must educate these heathens!"

I can just see the powerful Chinese and Indian governments quivering in awe and saying: "have you seen what those amazing Aussies are doing? Wow. We must destroy our hundreds of coal plants and send our middle class people back into poverty immediately!" How many decades do you think it will take India and China to stop using coal?

Trump's courage is astonishing. Imagine doing what you think is right knowing it may lead to your death? Incredible man. What a leader. :)
Yes... it's not because he's the stupidest fattest coward on earth :D

Trump's courage is astonishing. Imagine doing what you think is right knowing it may lead to your death? Incredible man. What a leader. :)
?
You make it sound as if he’s the only President to ever have done this.
most Presidents have.
The difference here is that most Presidents don’t decide to make a huge public statement about it.
Not sure that’s a sign of great leadership.

?
You make it sound as if he’s the only President to ever have done this.
most Presidents have.
The difference here is that most Presidents don’t decide to make a huge public statement about it.
Not sure that’s a sign of great leadership.
Nah. The difference is that when most presidents announce they have killed an enemy they consider to be a terrorist they are universally supported and praised. When Obama announced the killing of Bin Laden the Republicans and media expressed their delight and commended Obama's decisive action. By the way, Obama made a public announcement about the killing of Bin Laden. Was that wrong? One CNN journalist summed up the hypocrisy beautifully. He said the decision by Trump to kill the Iranian general was the right one but it was made by the wrong person.

That's a bit rich, the blame for any natural disaster these days is placed squarely at the feet of so called Climate deniers. It almost has a religious fervor about it. Oh, and which scientists do we trust? There are many who question the climate alarmism currently erupting all over the world. They are mocked, denigrated and for the most part deplatformed as heretics for daring to question the extremism of so many climate alarmists. I thought science was all about questioning and being skeptical about everything and the idea that the "science is settled" goes against everything science is supposed to represent. Every theory and hypothesis should be relentlessly probed, questioned, doubted and criticized. That's what good scientists do.

You have failed to address the fact that until India and China agree to limit their carbon footprint any thing we do is a pointless exercise in virtue signaling while destroying our economy. If we take scientist who believe the climate catastrophe story then billions of dollars will be spent and wasted in a futile effort to change the world's climate. Tell the people who won't have a job and the industries which will be destroyed that it is short sighted if we don't do everything the fanatics demand!

I cannot comprehend you logic. You claim we should bow to the wisdom of scientists when they make predictions and forecasts. I suggest that they may be unwise given their track record on many different things. I provide evidence of past predictions which proved to be completely and at times outrageously inaccurate. You say these examples are cherry picked and you will not respond to any of them. How can I refute the notion that scientists should always be believed unless I can show how often they have been proven wrong? let's simplify it. I cited Tim Flannery who was hugely influential as far as government decisions regarding climate change are concerned. He has made a number of what have proven to be, shockingly inaccurate predictions based on the science. Has he apologised? Has he said he was wrong? No. He just digs his heels in and keeps predicting. I still don't know how much Flannery was paid for his expert advice. I just want to know if he gave it back. :rolleyes:

Do you seriously believe that our world will be on the brink of catastrophe if nothing is done? I think the Great Barrier Reef has "died" ten times in the past thirty years. Hilarious. I did ask you to tell me what personal steps you have taken to save the planet. I hope you are more than just another keyboard warrior!
Have a read of this and come back to me...

By the way i am not denying your posts are not true. I think Tim Flannery is an idiot. But there are thousands of others who say its real without predicting exactly when bad things will happen.
I do not like the oh look its 50 degrees there is climate change argument because its also cherry picking. The world is a huge place and the temperature change is only in one spot. You have to look at the Earths statistics and not just one place. And the Earth has had an average record average temperture 8 out of the last 10 years. As someone who has studied statistics i can tell you that is very significant. And the fires that are happening now which you might argue happens every few years? the significance of these fires are that they started so much earlier in the season than the others. Thats the difference where you can collerate it to climate change.

One idiot at work who is a climate denier keeps showing me a picture of Fort Denison in the 1910s where the sea level is low and in the last year wherethe sea level is much higher as evidence that there is no climate change.. I keep asking him if he knows how tides work? Thats his "science".

As for other countries not following? where do we start? do you want the world to just destroy itself. If we start can we shame them into following? i bet we can. Amazing how a small change can affect change when others follow. Someone has to start. Australia can afford it. We are one of the richest countries in the world. It just takes proper government. Unfortunately we are run by idiots though.

Nope. Just a man of iron nerve and unflinching courage. Who but the bravest so willingly place their neck on the chopping block for the sake of their country?:)
Putin is rolling on the floor laughing, his fat toad is doing very well :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here comes WW3.
Wonder how many shares the Trump family have in munition makers?

Here comes WW3.
Wonder how many shares the Trump family have in munition makers?
But wasn't it you who said its just because Muslims don't like our way of life?

But wasn't it you who said its just because Muslims don't like our way of life?
Did I?
dunno.
I also said that assimilation looks like this;

But I’m not sure that has anything to do with Trump and his many family companies profiting from a Presidential war.
Which you never addressed.

Donald Trump once said that he could walk down Fifth Avenue and shoot people and his supporters would still love him. I don't know if he was making a statement about how dumb as dog s**t his supporters are, but it is very true. Probably the only true thing he has ever said.

Last edited:
The toad is so stupid and greedy he's probably still blowing Putin for loans

1578487194302.png

Nope. Just a man of iron nerve and unflinching courage. Who but the bravest so willingly place their neck on the chopping block for the sake of their country?:)
The same Donald Trump who was a draft dodger during the Vietnam War. So brave??????????? Got a doctor to excuse him because of a spur on the heal. So brave?????? Can't remember 20 years later what the excuse was but has the gall to try to disgrace John McCain's war record. Such a brave man???? Gutless weasel more likely.

omg funniest post ever. Bone spurs doesnt seem to stop him playing golf :rolleyes:
The same Donald Trump who was a draft dodger during the Vietnam War. So brave??????????? Got a doctor to excuse him because of a spur on the heal. So brave?????? Can't remember 20 years later what the excuse was but has the gall to try to disgrace John McCain's war record. Such a brave man???? Gutless weasel more likely.
Have you ever had a bone spur? They hurt like blazes! :D

Donald Trump once said that he could walk down Fifth Avenue and shoot people and his supporters would still love him. I don't know if he was making a statement about how dumb as dog s**t his supporters are, but it is very true. Probably the only true thing he has ever said.
Don't let hatred burn you up,it isn't healthy. Trump is a man of peace and has brought great prosperity to the American people. Enjoy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back