All things Politics

Remove this Banner Ad

It is recognised that this is a fraught topic for any number of you posting here. Some of you will have family in Israel or Palestine. Some of you will have connections to either side of the conflict. What you need to understand is that this site has rules governing posting standards and the appropriate way to talk to other posters, and you will abide by them.

How this interacts with this thread is that the following will result in your post being deleted, with a recurrence of the same behaviour resulting in (depending on severity) a threadban for a week and a day off:
  • direct labelling of someone as anti-semitic or a terrorist sympathiser for posting that is merely critical of Israel's response over time. Israel has the right to defend themselves from violence, but that does not mean that Israel has carte blanche to attack disproportionately towards people under their care.
  • deliberate goading or flippant responses, designed to get people reacting to your posting emotionally.
  • abuse.
  • attempts to turn this into a Left vs Right shitfight.
  • Use the word 'Nazi' in here, you had better be able to justify it in the post you're making and the comparison had better be apt. Godwin's law is in full effect for the purposes of this thread; if you refer to Nazis, you've lost whatever argument you're involved in.
  • Any defense of Hamas' actions on the basis of justification. There's no justification for genocide, regardless of whether or not they have the power to do so.
Please recognise that this is a difficult time for all involved, and some level of sensitivity is absolutely required to permit discussion to flow. From time to time, mods will reach out to specific posters and do some welfare checks; we may even give posters who get a bit too involved some days off to give people some time to cool down. This is not a reflection on you as a poster, merely that this is an intense subject.

I get that this is a fairly intense topic about which opinion can diverge rather significantly. If you feel you cannot be respectful in your disagreement with another poster, it is frequently better to refuse to engage than it is to take up the call.

From this point, any poster who finds themselves directly insulting another poster will find themselves receiving a threadban and an infraction, with each subsequent reoccurance resulting in steadily more points added to your account.

It has also become apparent that this needs to be said: just because someone moderates this forum that does not hold them to a different standard of posting than anyone else. All of us were posters first, and we are allowed to hold opinions on this and share them on this forum.

Treat each other with the respect each of you deserve.

Maggie5 Gone Critical Anzacday Jen2310

I think the UN ceasefire is the beginning of the end for Israel,I think Israel has lost all support it had in Europe except for Jewish minorities there.

I think the Israeli govt is now completely out of control and it is hard to see who else could take over but Netanyahu is now openly showing his Homicidal tendencies and I think even the Americans are starting to worry about how it will all end, the only hope for Israel now is if they can start a war with Iran. Watch this space on this one because the Americans will probably joined them and expect Aus and UK to joined in also.

The Israeli majority may be supporting the Genocide now and I think there is no doubt now about what Israel,s true intentions were and the populace supported them. Most of those are dual citizens from other countries and will end up back in those countries but Netanyahu being who he is and his state of mind could even go Nuclear I would put nothing past him.

I think it has dawned on American who really is the most dangerous man in the middle east and they have to be careful to not be seen as another Pariah state because there is no question they have lost a lot of influence because of this.

To think the choice for Americans in 6 mths time is between 2 crazy 80+ yrs old is something that does bear thinking about, the leader of the free world christ we are in trouble ( I was going to say almost as much as Collingwood ATM).

I think you might be over-reacting to some bad public relations for israel. The elected representatives in the US gov't have a long long history of supporting israel. Many of them have that position because of their evangelical beliefs and many have been financed into their gov't positions by israeli and jewish support.

There may be attempts to change from netinyahoo but the overall pro-israel strategy by the US gov't remains. Some of the window dressing has changed to appeal to biden's electoral requirements. On Trumps behalf, I havent seen any criticism from him and he has a lot of respect for israeli and jewish-american influence, so he's not going to mess with things for a few million palestinians.

Netinyahoo may want to extend the war to lebanon......thats a fair chance of happenning. He might provoke iran to get the US involved and the US might see it as an opportunity to deal with iran before it gets nuclear weapons.

I think you'll find that the palestinians will be lucky to get gaza back. I have a feeling that access will be given to israeli settlers and they will take a west bank strategy to gradually push the palestinians out.

If the palestinians prove to be docile like the ones living within israel.....and that means cleansing palestinians of any who want to fight....then the palestinians might be allowed to live as second class citizens within the borders of a new extended israel.

I think the UN ceasefire is the beginning of the end for Israel,I think Israel has lost all support it had in Europe except for Jewish minorities there.

I think the Israeli govt is now completely out of control and it is hard to see who else could take over but Netanyahu is now openly showing his Homicidal tendencies and I think even the Americans are starting to worry about how it will all end, the only hope for Israel now is if they can start a war with Iran. Watch this space on this one because the Americans will probably joined them and expect Aus and UK to joined in also.

The Israeli majority may be supporting the Genocide now and I think there is no doubt now about what Israel,s true intentions were and the populace supported them. Most of those are dual citizens from other countries and will end up back in those countries but Netanyahu being who he is and his state of mind could even go Nuclear I would put nothing past him.

I think it has dawned on American who really is the most dangerous man in the middle east and they have to be careful to not be seen as another Pariah state because there is no question they have lost a lot of influence because of this.

To think the choice for Americans in 6 mths time is between 2 crazy 80+ yrs old is something that does bear thinking about, the leader of the free world christ we are in trouble ( I was going to say almost as much as Collingwood ATM).
Even though they don't qualify, I think any of the following would make a great leader of the free world - Derek Hine, Craig Kelly, Jordan DeGoey, Mason Cox- not Fly - he's a bit too much into caring...

The governor of maryland who presides over the area where the bridge went down said that he was praying.... praying for survivors, praying for better safety procedures, better processes, better government....the list is endless.

Spare a thought for god tonight.... he was hoping to grab some tinnies and watch the game tomorrow night...

israel has blamed the UN for passing that resolution and stuffing up their negotiations with hamas....

This goes onto the long line of things that israel is not responsible for including 30K people dead and a flattened gaza.....thousands of innocent palestinians in jail...palestinians pushed off their land on the west bank....and probably in gaza too....the list is endles

"A bill that would call on the US government to comprehensively review US relations with South Africa crossed its first legislative hurdle on Wednesday when it passed the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee on a voice vote."

Gee I wonder where that came from? I wonder if it has anything to do with South Africa's application to the international court??

To those who think Israel is on the defensive...... think again....

So no comments on the digital I’d bill? I bet you are all fine with it. Judging by the comments in Katy’s victorious tweet, people are waking up & they are not happy.

They are following orders

So no comments on the digital I’d bill? I bet you are all fine with it. Judging by the comments in Katy’s victorious tweet, people are waking up & they are not happy.

The 21st century is truly terrifying. Wake up sheeple!

You know the tide is starting to turn when people leave negative comments on a politician's social media account.

For shizzle my frizzle. Love your grizzle.

As an American I certainly wouldn't vote. As far as Israeli/Gaza policy is concerned, there's not much choice between Biden and Trump. Albo and Wong have already ensured an informal vote for me here. If the pair weren't enough on the nose over Israel, their silence on Assange has added to the stench emitted by their party. This is a good period in history to have your body packed away in a cryogenic chamber for a decade or two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As an American I certainly wouldn't vote. As far as Israeli/Gaza policy is concerned, there's not much choice between Biden and Trump. Albo and Wong have already ensured an informal vote for me here. If the pair weren't enough on the nose over Israel, their silence on Assange has added to the stench emitted by their party. This is a good period in history to have your body packed away in a cryogenic chamber for a decade or two.
You could always vote for a minor party TGG

ironic that they would thaw you out and you'd look back at these times and think of them as the "good ol days"....

if people are going to continue to be deluded by religion and/or getting "stuff", we'll end up with the type of leaders that we're currently getting. I just hope the rich are engineering something better for themselves separately, so we can continue as a species.

I’m still recovering from the energy company and government conspiracy to process this to be honest
The fact you think that having your feed in tariff dropped from 35 cents per kWh to under 5 by the state government is fair enough, tells me all I need to know about your opinions. All the while increasing my prices by double.

The fact you think that having your feed in tariff dropped from 35 cents per kWh to under 5 by the state government is fair enough, tells me all I need to know about your opinions. All the while increasing my prices by double.
It seems very difficult for you to think about things beyond your wallet

It's just like when they brought in passports with your phot in them. What a disaster...

You could always vote for a minor party TGG
I would never vote for the Greens, though they are the only party on the same wavelength over Israel. Other than them, any vote for a minority party is only going to end up as a vote for one of the major parties I have preferenced. I have a real problem with preferences being worth a full vote. Seems absurd that a 3rd or 4th preference vote should count for as much as a third. I happily vote for senate candidates because even if my 1st choice doesn't make it, under proportional representation my preferences only count as fractions, and it's a system advantageous to small parties, which I like.

It's just like when they brought in passports with your phot in them. What a disaster...
Ahh I was waiting for the yes man. ‘Govern me harder “ hey?
Mark my words CBDC is next. You people carry on about China, but are happy to become the same.
You don’t have the courage to look deeper for not just you but your family’s sake

Attachments

• 1711609595186.jpg
    1711609595186.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 4
Ahh I was waiting for the yes man. ‘Govern me harder “ hey?
Mark my words CBDC is next. You people carry on about China, but are happy to become the same.
You don’t have the courage to look deeper for not just you but your family’s sake
We've had the technology for a high level of authoritarian control for years. It's not the technology that you need to worry about - it's the will. You're not showing me any evidence of it.

And frankly, I'd prefer to see my data in the hands of the government than in the hands of tech companies - were it already is. They know who you are and how you think and they're going to keep sending s**t like this because you like to read it and it will send you deeper down the rabbit hole.

Last edited:
Ooohhh…. Bookmarked.
An informal vote removes the right to criticise the sitting Government.
Going to be fun times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back